Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:03:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enough is Enough - stop using public exchanges, use P2P exchange  (Read 232 times)
bbcoin (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:30:53 PM

Mt.Gox - shut down
Cryptsy - shut down
Poloniex - users locked out of accounts and withdrawal problems
BTC-e - shut down
Bittrex - users locked out, modified user accounts without notice, force you to submit ID or lose money

All of above examples proved public exchanges are not the way to go.
They are the weak point of cryptocurrency system because they centralise all the money in one place.

Let's start using Decentralised P2P exchanges and create our own markets.

Bisq (bitsquare) -  https://bisq.network/
used myself and it works,

Coinffeine          -   http://www.coinffeine.com/index.html
Anyone tried ?

Submit more links I will add them to the list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:01:16 PM

I honestly couldn't agree more. I doubt that people will listen though. Hopefully, Atomic swaps comes soon and this should force users to switch and make centralized exchanges less convenient compared to the decentralized ones.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
truthstalker

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:04:08 PM

I think there's other issues with p2p and there's  going to be a lot of trust issues when dealing with another person. For some reason a lot of people see exchanges to be all trustworthy despite history.
bbcoin (OP)

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:19:41 PM

I think there's other issues with p2p and there's  going to be a lot of trust issues when dealing with another person. For some reason a lot of people see exchanges to be all trustworthy despite history.

What trust issues? There is no interaction between users. You place the order and the other person fills it. That's it.
Sigmas55

Activity: 658
Merit: 36

Telegram:@sigmas55

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:49:09 PM

Seriously guys, i tried to use etherdelta a few weeks ago and I almost went blind, Bittrex & poloniex give incredible experience although they are centralized, but that pretty much why they are advanced! because somebody is taking care of them. I understand the risks associated with centralized exchanges, but a disaster will not land by the minute, there will be signs before a collapse in a big exchange like Bittrex, and above average person can see that disaster coming at some point and run away. Unless P2P exchanges improve UI & functionality massively, I don't think they have a shot competing with centralized ones.

oh, & also think of the huge variety of coins/tokens on exchanges like Polo & Bittrex, incomparable IMHO
Bittrexed

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:15:09 PM

Bittrex and Poloniex. Two of the worst, scammiest exchanges in the world. Lock up users funds with no explaination or recourse. Basically, steal openly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: