Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help retrieving BitCoin Cash (BCH)  (Read 301 times)
DK13 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:53:48 PM

Hi everyone,

So I had my bitcoins in electrum wallet when the Bitcoin cash fork happened. Then I moved my btc to bittrex and back few times. Now btc are in bittrex. My question is what should I do to retrieve my bitcoin cash? If someone could explain to me step by step becauce now I am a bit lost. Do i need to transfer btc from bittrex somewhere? Or can i create electron wallet with a seed at thats it?(I tried to retrieve eletrcon wallet with a seed but could not press 'next').

Thank you for your answers.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3018

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:12:00 PM

Yes you need electron cash and import the private keys but only use the bitcoin address from your electrum because your bitcoin is there during bitcoin cash fork..
So you should export private key from the bitcoin address (electrum) and import it in electron cash.
Here is the guide to claim  your bitcoin cash https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054046.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7113

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:38:25 PM

So I had my bitcoins in electrum wallet when the Bitcoin cash fork happened. Then I moved my btc to bittrex and back few times. Now btc are in bittrex. My question is what should I do to retrieve my bitcoin cash? If someone could explain to me step by step becauce now I am a bit lost. Do i need to transfer btc from bittrex somewhere? Or can i create electron wallet with a seed at thats it?(I tried to retrieve eletrcon wallet with a seed but could not press 'next').
You only moved BTC to Bittrex. Your Bitcoin Cash is still there in your old wallet.

Just download Electron Cash (Electrum fork for Bitcoin Cash) and open your wallet as you would do with Electrum (or just create a new one with the same seed).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DK13 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:28:16 AM

You only moved BTC to Bittrex. Your Bitcoin Cash is still there in your old wallet.

Just download Electron Cash (Electrum fork for Bitcoin Cash) and open your wallet as you would do with Electrum (or just create a new one with the same seed).

I have read the guidelines but I dont understand, sorry. So why do I have to create new wallet with new seed, and then also download electron cash. So what do I do with new a electrum wallet? And also do I have to create electron cash wallet using seed or private keys? Sorry for being such a noob but really the more I read the more lost i get..
DK13 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:01:30 AM

Ok please tell me what i am doing wrong:

1. I already transfered my BTC to Bittrex so I dont need to create another electrum wallet for transfer.
2. I downloaded Electron Cash
3. Try to setup wallet from existing seed - Cannot press 'Next' button when trying to create.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7113

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:39:46 AM

1. I already transfered my BTC to Bittrex so I dont need to create another electrum wallet for transfer.
3. Try to setup wallet from existing seed - Cannot press 'Next' button when trying to create.
Don't you still have your Bitcoin wallet file from when you transfered your BTC to Bittrex? You can just open the same file in Electron Cash instead of creating the same wallet again (in Electron Cash) with your seed. Both wallet files are compatible with each other, so you can open a Electrum wallet in Electron Cash and vice versa.

I'm not sure what is the issue there. You should be missing a word from the seed or something like this.

You can:

a. Do like I said above and open your BTC wallet in Electron Cash
Or
b. Open your Electrum (BTC) wallet again and check if the seed you are trying to input is correct by checking if it's the same found in Wallet -> Seed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DK13 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:16:21 AM

Don't you still have your Bitcoin wallet file from when you transfered your BTC to Bittrex? You can just open the same file in Electron Cash instead of creating the same wallet again (in Electron Cash) with your seed. Both wallet files are compatible with each other, so you can open a Electrum wallet in Electron Cash and vice versa.

I'm not sure what is the issue there. You should be missing a word from the seed or something like this.

You can:

a. Do like I said above and open your BTC wallet in Electron Cash
Or
b. Open your Electrum (BTC) wallet again and check if the seed you are trying to input is correct by checking if it's the same found in Wallet -> Seed.

I found the issue finally.. So it was that new electron wallet 2.9.4 did not support 2fa wallet and that is why i could not do it... I downloaded previous version and it is ok now. Thank you very much for the help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: