Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 04:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5086 times)
nextel

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:12:34 PM

i grass there is nothing bad in learning my relatives how to reach my savings in case of an emergencies

It's not bad ay all, it is the right way to keep your digital assets Everhart when you're gone and let your loved ones enjoy what you're working so hard and not be in vain. 

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:13:46 PM

I thought about this exact same question a couple of days ago. I'm considering to tell my father how it works, as I don't think my mother nor my sister will remember it. I'm also scared that if my sister remembers it, she could possible slip of tongue the location were I save it to friends, because I think she doesn't understand the value of it. But it's worth telling someone, you never know what will happen. Bitcoins are getting a really serious value, I think it's better that my family is able to enjoy it than that it is gone forever.
Quesdana

Activity: 212

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:15:25 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...

When I die, my bitcoin will be handed to one of my family whom I really trust my bitcoin account for them. It is better if they will know it earlier so they will not be shocked if I will hand it over to one of them my account so they will know how it can help their life to live in a good and luxurious house if they already have the enough amount to buy for those things that are luxurious and they can also use it to travel other countries that they want to travel.
parekoy

Activity: 168

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:18:50 PM

I thought about this exact same question a couple of days ago. I'm considering to tell my father how it works, as I don't think my mother nor my sister will remember it. I'm also scared that if my sister remembers it, she could possible slip of tongue the location were I save it to friends, because I think she doesn't understand the value of it. But it's worth telling someone, you never know what will happen. Bitcoins are getting a really serious value, I think it's better that my family is able to enjoy it than that it is gone forever.

You know who you trust even your own family cannot be trusted.
Think about this, it's not about they should know how to use it or teach them how to open wallets and see how it works from earning to transferring and I don't think it's a good idea because if they're not interested - they learned nothing. All they need is a single private key, and that's it. When you're gone and they have the private key then someone will trying to help then in order to access your accounts.

parekoy

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:22:21 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

When I die, my bitcoin will be handed to one of my family whom I really trust my bitcoin account for them. It is better if they will know it earlier so they will not be shocked if I will hand it over to one of them my account so they will know how it can help their life to live in a good and luxurious house if they already have the enough amount to buy for those things that are luxurious and they can also use it to travel other countries that they want to travel.

LoL, you mean, you're going to give your keys after you die through a dream or handing it when you're a ghost.. Joke.
I got your point this time. It's better to give them your key without knowing what do that key for. When you Die, they will know how to access it and they will remember that you handed them a paper that has the wallet key written on it.

nextel

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:04:18 AM

LoL, you mean, you're going to give your keys after you die through a dream or handing it when you're a ghost.. Joke.
I got your point this time. It's better to give them your key without knowing what do that key for. When you Die, they will know how to access it and they will remember that you handed them a paper that has the wallet key written on it.

Involving Bitcoin and Altcoin business with a family member is a good idea because when something happened or you'll die in unexpected event then your family will enjoy your Bitcoin.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Cammo01

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:06:05 AM

I will have mine disbursed through the will- as part of that- make sure you leave your details in there for the login of your exchange IN YOUR WILL... Just to be safe!
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:45:36 AM

My family would probably benefit my bitcoin particularly my son. I will give him all the information of my account instead of allowing it die also.
nextel

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:50:28 AM

My family would probably benefit my bitcoin particularly my son. I will give him all the information of my account instead of allowing it die also.

A good perspective, Bitcoin shouldn't be brought together with a dead owner. Unlike our fiat, if the owner dies it will be automatically passed on the family members.
Bitcoin is one of the most beautiful things we do while we are still alive.

delitte

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:56:14 AM

My mom and my sister don't know what is Bitcoin and seems it's gonna be hard for them to access my account so I would like to entrust my account to my girlfriend just in case if I die suddenly an they will continue my legacy.

shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:56:53 AM

Well I just have a plan for that if I they my bitcoin will go into my families in case of emergency I gave them my account username provided with password of course, and I teach them the basics specifically how they can cash in and cash out the money in my bitcoin. Also one of the things I thought is how they can continue earning here in bitcoin.

UltraMegaSick

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:06:42 AM

Unless someone else knows your private keys these bitcoins will be lost forever (Or til any kind of new brute force comes around)
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:28:19 AM

Well I just have a plan for that if I they my bitcoin will go into my families in case of emergency I gave them my account username provided with password of course, and I teach them the basics specifically how they can cash in and cash out the money in my bitcoin. Also one of the things I thought is how they can continue earning here in bitcoin.

I think you don't need them to teach how into your digital wallets in general. A private key is enough an I'm sure if you're gone they'll find ways to access it or someone will be able to help them as long as you key is accurate.

maardhayrule

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:35:37 AM

I will give it back to my colleagues
dianepot

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:38:00 AM

maybe i will leave a secret note in my phone on how they can access my bitcoins Grin ill just make it sure that they can see that note . 
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:40:41 AM

you can engrave the details (the 24 words passphrase for instance or private keys, and a riddle that only your family can solve for the 25th word) on a piece of metal and store that piece of metal in your safe. Tell your family it is there and it can be used to access the bitcoins.

An important word of caution though - do the engraving yourself, don't have any 3rd party service do it for you, as that would compromise your passwords or keys

tientien6

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:41:04 AM

When I die bitcoin will be the people I trust or my children will take over my management and continue to invest in bitcoin.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:41:09 AM

If in case but Im not wishing that I die my husband knows about my investment and dealings in bitcoin so what ever happens it is for my son and for my husband. I love them both more than what I have.
MRY

Activity: 560
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:43:25 AM

if I die then my son will continue because me and my son are together in bitcoin so he also knows everything about my bitcoin so I do not have to worry about it because all for my son to continue
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:44:44 AM

Well i dont know lol but before i die i want to help my family to our poverty and in just incase my sister id my assistant to all bitcoins that i have she's my business partner but i hope that before i die i need to collect a huge amount of bitcoins. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: