Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:02:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5080 times)
Xervo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:56:29 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
I hope, when I die, my bitcoins will pass to my heirs and bring a lot of joy. They will have nothing to deny themselves and this motivates them to act now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ayasena

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:04:52 PM

My husband is also a bitcoiner. So there is nothing needs to worry. I have also tought my ten years old son how to use a bittcoin wallet. Of course, i have kept the private key in a save place that only my husband and son know. So, when i die, i will rest in peace.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:05:26 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

Before I die forever There must be a plan that must be done later that is to teach a little knowledge to the family and the immediate family about bitcoin so that they can feel satisfactory results and make the existence of bitcoin grow back and accepted by society with openness.

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:06:19 PM

If you don't set up a proper plan, to let your loved ones know, then likely, they die with you. This is similar to those who bury their gold during "midnight gardening" and don't tell anyone, then keel over.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:10:00 PM

If you don't set up a proper plan, to let your loved ones know, then likely, they die with you. This is similar to those who bury their gold during "midnight gardening" and don't tell anyone, then keel over.
Yes, such incidents might have taken place with many users of our network. It's good to keep the people close to us or our family informed about the savings we've made. This will let someone close to us or family members get benefited through us. I have generated paper wallet along with private key and given to my sister.
Pulsarin

Activity: 117

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:27:52 PM

Very good question  Roll Eyes
I did not think about that. You are right, we need educate our family members how using wallet, exchanger, etc.
Anything can happen. 

Bce бyдeт xopoшo ))  Глaвнoe нe нepвничaть. https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=TACVIZRM
Chekitan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:32:05 PM

The answer to this rhetorical question is completely up to you. If you've planned beforehand and entrusted the details of you private key and wallet your bitcoin's will be passed on the person entrusted with the details.  But if you've failed to pass on these details then the money will stay there leading to your loss.
Tadblt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:34:56 PM

There were an ICO i see long time ago that when you die they will take care of your bitcoin.
Its like a last will that will make your descendants receive your assets when you left the earth.
You can find it on alternative cryptocurrencies, i dont know if it was successfull.
Bitcall

Activity: 196
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:36:32 PM

You need hide a usb flash with all instruction and bring it in your bringchain, keep the password in another safe place e tell this to your family.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:37:25 PM

ofcourse i will give it to my repatives and families i will write my bitcoin accounts in my journal so they can see it so in tue future they can use my bitcoin in their daily needs

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
haidil

Activity: 784
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:39:49 PM

i have not thought of going that far, i will later make a will to my family so they can access it and my bitcoin does not just disappear

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
MSdosOutput

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

I don't worry about my bitcoin after my death. My son or daughter will take the charge of my existing bitcoin.
finlandais

Activity: 397

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:59:23 PM

If we will die then our all bitcoin's will be wasted because the bitcoin wallets are opened by the private keys that only we know so after our death no body will be able to access our wallets and all our money will be wasted .

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
Md Faysal

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:03:12 PM

I will teach my family member how to use my bitcoin.and it will sent to my children also.they can use it earn money and make there life more better.
MotulDiesel

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:16:27 PM

Firstly, i have explained about bitcoin for my parent but we still have a arguments and they still think  that everything not allowed by government is bad. When i'm gone, i will leave my password of my bitcoin wallets for my children or my family member and teach them how to use it and earning money from my legacy !
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:44:53 PM

80% of the members of this forum are guilty of this, as same to our faint money in our bank account most of us fail to lay proper arrangements for our exits from this world. We keep our details away from our family and that has great negative impact when our family try to access our finances when we are not around.
We need to let our family know everything about our finances let you wife,children have access to you walletor bank account because no body can predict what will happen in the next few minutes ahead.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:45:42 PM

Firstly, i have explained about bitcoin for my parent but we still have a arguments and they still think  that everything not allowed by government is bad. When i'm gone, i will leave my password of my bitcoin wallets for my children or my family member and teach them how to use it and earning money from my legacy !
That is interesting. To me my brother have a little idea about bitcoin. But my all data is in a notebook, and everything is very clear there, my all wallet address and passwords etc. Therefore i do not think that it will be so difficult for them to reach to my bitcoin that i am holding in current time.  Because bitcoin is an assets and is a good investment therefore your family must have some idea about your investment.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
xnuggets

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:50:33 PM

Maybe I found myself lucky in this kind of situation, where my sister and brother knows about bitcoin. I'll just simply give the information about my bitcoin to them, in case I'm going to die. It will be easy for them to access and to know for they have already an information in using bitcoin.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:47:45 PM

Maybe I found myself lucky in this kind of situation, where my sister and brother knows about bitcoin. I'll just simply give the information about my bitcoin to them, in case I'm going to die. It will be easy for them to access and to know for they have already an information in using bitcoin.

What do you mean in case you're doing to die? You need to do this before you get into that situation. Not everyone is told they have x amount of days to live. Some good advice is to either put your private keys in a safe deposit box or with a lawyer or in your will etc, or if you don't want to go down that route give half your seed to someone you trust with your life and half of the other to someone else also equally as trusted. Then if you die you will need both parties to get together to restore the bitcoins.
robaya

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:13:45 PM

I'll let one person to know anything about my bitcoin. One person i could trust. If I think the time is right, I'll tell him/her everything. It could be anyone whether it is my wife, my son, my daughter or even someone who is not even my family. As a consequence, I need to be careful to choose who he/she is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: