Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5080 times)
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:29:43 PM

Just a matter of fact that we have lost of 4 Million bitcoins today out of which 30% is due to reason that people have either lost their private keys or they have died without handing over their private keys to their future generations. This is really horrible considering that bitcoin is still quite new if more and more people continue to do such things we will lose a great share out of the 21 Million Supply.
LastBlockMined

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:30:17 PM

Held by my sons, private keys scured with third party always.
Zarbout

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:29:39 PM

Anybody holding a big amount should tell someone of his family about it. It's unfair that funds stay locked without a chance to recover.

xectacoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:36:00 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
That will call a burn the coin  and few enjoy that price gonna rise!
ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:09:43 PM

Certainly, I will teach my children trade and invest in cryptocurrency. This is the good way to earn money

Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:21:38 PM

Certainly, I will teach my children trade and invest in cryptocurrency. This is the good way to earn money
Will eventually teach them too when they aged enough, or will try to put it on a bank when I felt sicj which I hope not, wanting to earn more for bright future my children soon.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
CryptOliver

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:28:35 PM

exactly because the closest people are like a suitable family to receive, and of course must know and understand with the bitcoin.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:28:39 AM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

I think my bitcoins will still there but since i didn't gave anyone my key so maybe nobody can open and claim my account. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one can control it nor the customer supporters the only thing can help us that make a backup for your private key and make your family members aware about it.

jamelyn

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:12:28 AM

yeah my mother and my husband know the password of my wallet incase that they happen to me and they are the beneficiaries. they also know the value of bitcoin and they know how to withdraw it so no worries.
seriin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:41:44 AM

If I die, I think my bitcoins will still be there in my wallet because except from me, there's no other people who knows my password in my wallet.

Respect bitcointalk Form moderators and Forum Rules.
Do not spoil others Reputation.
cryptocent94

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:45:22 AM

This is where proper documentation comes in hopefully the person that is aware of my online transaction will revive it
Kurokyy

Activity: 448

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:56:43 AM

I don't have much bitcoin in my wallet so its nothing to them unless it is worth million dollar in value. But soon i'm going to teach them how to earn bitcoin rather than teaching them how to access my wallet. We don't know when we will exit in this world so this will come unexpectedly and not everyone is ready for that.

Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:05:36 AM

I think if someday I passed away, as early as I can, I'm going to teach my family and introduced to them the world of bitcoin. I'm gonna give my keys of my wallet for them to store their bitcoin also. I think they are easy to learn it because I will teach on how to earn bitcoin and the other processes clearly.
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:12:34 AM

This is a good reason why you should encourage one of your relative, siblings or child to know about bitcoin or  cryptocurrency because just like gold and diamond, they are assets and has worth.
It is also really essential for them to know not just only about bitcoin but also about any other cryptocurrency because it will be so unfortunate if one dies and this coins gets to waste away in their wallet without anybody knowing.

Also, no matter how small the amount of the coin is, they could worth millions of dollars in years to come. So do not hesitate to tell them.
kolitski

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:16:55 AM

It is very useful to my relatives specially to my families it will help them a lot when it comes to financial support  and school problems.before i've die I want to share my knowledge to them so they can do also what i've  learned.i will use the bitcoin to build a house and to buy anything that make them happy and contented.so that i have a legacy to leave them.

lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 02:37:40 PM

Just a matter of fact that we have lost of 4 Million bitcoins today out of which 30% is due to reason that people have either lost their private keys or they have died without handing over their private keys to their future generations. This is really horrible considering that bitcoin is still quite new if more and more people continue to do such things we will lose a great share out of the 21 Million Supply.

This is the only advanrage that the Bitcoin is not worth saving assets than the Banks because when someone died, all their assets will be handed to their families because the banks can be override or can be negotiated due to some unfortunate events but Bitcoin isn't.
Lost your wallets keys or died without backup and handing over the keys will be the most embarrassing.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
Imran1271

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:47:07 PM

yeah, I did it so long ago but I want to use my bitcoin in my absence for victims people who are suffer from hungry in the rural areas.
I am working to earn bitcoin so that I utilized it any wellfair organization for helping helpless people.
lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:56:03 PM

If someone die and he holding Bitcoin, what will happen is Bitcoin is frozen in his wallet. Unless they given the wallet data to the closest family who knows Bitcoin too and probably his Bitcoin is safe. For me i do not give any information of my wallet to anyone and if i die my Bitcoin will not be saved.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
salahfycl

Activity: 189

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:05:31 PM

now i work in trading with my brother so if i dont live to see bitcion price reach 100k , my bitcoin will go to my brother because I'm not married , I have no children .

Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:07:49 PM

I had never think before for this possibility. Really horrible.

But its the truth of life as person born some day he have to go. Anyways, I will think for it, seriously. As I have to aware someone about my personal asset. But still its so much unimaginary. As if anyone give details before death, what are chances that person can get that exactelly. Because the person who die cannot check.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: