Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 02:26:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5089 times)
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:13:29 PM

I do not think to teach the family about bitcoin especially they do not understand at all using the internet. but I will tell my friend to inherit my bitcoin to my family if I die. because only my friend who understand bitcoin

balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:16:36 PM

It will be a big waste of opportunity and money if you will bring bitcoin with you when you die. It is a great thing to do to share bitcoin to your most trusted family member so that if you die, they will benefit from what you have earned, especially if it is a big amount of money. You don't want for it to get rotten and become useless, in fact, it can help your loved ones on their everyday life if they would be able to withdraw the money from your account.

ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:17:04 PM

My wife know everything about me and therefore I shear all the information about my bitcoin account with her. She will be automatically entitle to my bitcoin account any time I leave this world. She will use that to take care of my children and her self by given to them the I can offer in terms of education and otherwise.

Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:18:21 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...

Of course, as long as we live, let's give access to the person who gets our resources over in bitcoins. To this end it is especially useful if we are left with children and spouses if we die. So it is serious and we should provide time. To be prepared for whatever happens to us. And we know that it will benefit our loved ones

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:37:55 PM

I taught them how to earn Bitcoin but not how to access my wallet. Only myself can access it. I am very careful to my Bitcoin. But in case I knew that I will die, I will immediately tell them how to access my wallet so my earned Bitcoin will not be wasted. It will serve as a heritage. Bitcoin appreciates so much. It is not a good thing to take your Bitcoin with you when you die.
Anonaneadone

Activity: 263

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:42:14 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

i want to teach my family members about bitcoin but all of them is not interested in this bitcoin but whenever i get money from bitcoin, they are very supportive. they think that we know how this work but i think they are not.

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram   facebook   TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:46:04 PM

i want to teach my family members about bitcoin but all of them is not interested in this bitcoin but whenever i get money from bitcoin, they are very supportive. they think that we know how this work but i think they are not.

You can easily teach bitcoin to your family member.If you say him how much you got from bitcoin as a payment from the Signature Campaign means,they will easily get into bitcoin.Who don't want additional money apart from his salary.

moonordoom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:48:36 PM

Unless you haven't given someone your private keys are a way of accessing your bitcoins, they will be gone forever. There is an estimated 500k bitcoins that are lose forever right now. This will surely grow.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:55:53 PM

I always keep important data that I have. I give the password and mark the place that I have told my family. This is indeed a terrible thing, but I am aware that things can happen quickly. I will tell my family when I am ready and I am sure my family can understand even if I do not explain it, most importantly I give account access to my assets. That's what makes my beloved family gain access to learn what assets I have.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:59:50 PM

It depends on the nature of my death. If I die in an accident or if it was sudden, then my bitcoins will be lost forever.

But if i get bed ridden  before I die, I'll make sure I teach my children and wife bitcoin and how to store, protect and spend them.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:03:27 PM

Bitcoin has nothing to do with my death and no one knows my account credential. Maybe I should start giving my account information to someone i loved. So that if anything happens, there will be someone who will benefit. This post helps me remind of these. Thank you.

Silber

Activity: 1154
Merit: 154

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:03:34 PM

nobody will gain from my death. because that would minimizing my life span.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:07:07 PM

Bitcoin has nothing to do with my death and no one knows my account credential. Maybe I should start giving my account information to someone i loved. So that if anything happens, there will be someone who will benefit. This post helps me remind of these. Thank you.

Yes, someone from the family of ours should know about bitcoin.  We should try to write our passwords, pins, email adress that corresponds to our bitcoin wallet and other altcoins.  If we lose our bitcoin wallet  passwords, the bitcoin that we have will be there for the rest of our lives and even up to this earth passed.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:34:22 PM

I did teach some of my relatives and friend about how blockchain works and how could they claim my money  if i'd die. I have created a paper wallet with my private address in a stored location also there is a note on how can they get the money
sugiri

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

★Jetwin.com★

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:36:50 PM

You have to give your login information or information on wallets to someone so that retrieve/sell the coins after you die!

FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:26:51 PM

Held by my sons, private keys scured with third party always.
Yes, we should do that, because if we have a high amount of bitcoin and we die,all this amount will be lost, because no one can recover it, It's hard to crack a wallet, so the best thing is to held your private keys to someone in your family, maybe your son or wife.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:39:56 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 04:52:08 AM by bitcad4u

Held by my sons, private keys scured with third party always.
Yes, we should do that, because if we have a high amount of bitcoin and we die,all this amount will be lost, because no one can recover it, It's hard to crack a wallet, so the best thing is to held your private keys to someone in your family, maybe your son or wife.

Yes may be right bitcoin is a digital currency system and it's  have a price is high in future wallet in case of any emergency in future you may die at that time all your wallet will be crack so better you have some key to access your wallet creat and given to someone in your family are your close friends for continued your wallet safely.
betMaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:56:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that a huge supply of bitcoin is already lost without that it's users are necessarily dead since lots of people came to the surface when bitcoin surpassed the  1k bar to tell their stories how they lost hard drive containing wallets with over than 100 or 1000 bitcoin . Some people even lost more than 7.5k bitcoin in a hard drive because they threw it by mistake .

As for myself , a friend of mine has access to my wallet and i'd be glad to let him have what it contains in the case of something happening to me . He is pretty interested in bitcoin and i'm sure that he'll make good use of it .
doch

Activity: 371

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:01:12 PM

I hope, when I die, my bitcoins will pass to my heirs and bring a lot of joy. They will have nothing to deny themselves and this motivates them to act now.
We all will die one day but little bit people thinks about their family just like them I also plans that when I passed away my all money and saved BTC will be rewarded to my family to make their life joyful and didn’t feel them alone.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:07:30 PM

If no one has access to your wallet then your bitcoin is gone. So guess you write it down somewhere so they get access to it when you die
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: