Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:07:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5084 times)
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:20:30 PM

If no one has access to your wallet then your bitcoin is gone. So guess you write it down somewhere so they get access to it when you die
Right.Or maybe put into a memory card all your assets so they can access it the moment you're gone.Of course your partner or your parents should be aware of that so they will be informed and it won't create confusion to them.
bling-bling

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 11:35:58 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
I guess it will go six feet under with you unless you give your password/private keys to one of your loved ones at the brink of you death..No sense of keeping when you’re going bye bye!  Grin

s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:36:13 AM

To be honest it depends on the stipulations and the law governing them. All operations of bitcoin must act according to the jurisdiction of the law.
In other words the law of the country which their governing has a right to tell what will happen to the investment of their investor after death.
tarpa07

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:39:17 AM

If bitcoin die it is not a harmful for me because i'm always put my bitcoin with altcoin.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:47:36 AM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

I have a friend who is my teacher in this field of trading only , and he is in my contact since 5 years and we are friends like the brothers and I also told him that I have putted my private key of the bitcoin savings at that place ( secret ) and told him that how can I access them with the use of my mobile number , so you can access it anything happen wrong with me and then give that money to my family .And access my all another account of the trading cryptocurrency with the help of email id , and also the same thing he told me to do that , Soni think I am doing the good work for the future if I got died then Still my money will remain safe and my family will use that money .
But still here i am thinking that I am very back in the case of explanation about the bitcoin like things to my family Because my family don't know about the bitcoin and cryptocurrency much , so here I think I should teach them atleast Because it may be possible that after me they start to work in this field for the living .
mikel00

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:49:25 AM

i think my bitcoin will be left alone forever because i dont give my password to anyone
Chekitan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:53:25 AM

Unless you're going to give your closest confident your keys your bitcoin's will remain un claimed. Bitcoin is decentralized and no one will ever care and pass it on your relatives. Just like When you lose your keys then you lose your money.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:03:41 AM

I have told my family regarding my bitcoins. I've actually written a notebook with instructions to access my bitcoins. With this, in case I die, they know how to access my bitcoins and do whatever they want with it. I'm thinking of opening a company regarding this so in-case I die, my family will easily access my wealth.

Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:26:49 AM

Truth be told, I haven't told my family yet about what is BItcoin, because it will be a long time to explain it to them, and I dont know what will happen to my hard earned Coins. So, Ill just wait to have an offspring that will inherit it, hopefully, he/she will be A genius at this kind of stuffs and of course, at the rightful age to be exact. Gonna cling on that LifeSpan so that I can Ensure the Future of my Family.

hateplesent

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:02:21 AM

i’m a single man and have bad problem about trust .

my family not trust in bitcoin so that i have hardware wallet and my family know where i keep it.

so if i die and some one interested in bitcoin will know how to access to it
btc78

Activity: 2548
Merit: 216

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:10:55 AM

i gave my eldest son an envelope and i told him to took care of it and he will
only open when im gone,but ofcourse i have another copy of my passwords in another
envelope thats in my important paper.so when i die my bitcoins will go to my family.

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:17:26 AM

Basically they will go in limbo, but there is a way to leave crypto for next gens. Just use services like Mywish that are based on smart contracts.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:23:16 AM

Of course, not everyone thinks of death, especially at a young age. If no one knows the passwords and accesses, and God forbid, something will happen to you. Then your bitcoins and other altcoins will replenish the percentage of lost coins in the world wide web of the Internet. However, practical people, I think, will make sure that their efforts are not wasted.

Baskin198

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:25:31 AM

I think when we die there is no sense of thinking what happen to your bitcoins. I mean you are doing any action in your life because you are alive and have feelings and once you are dead it makes no sense thinking beyond it. In fact when some bitcoins are burnt because of such reasons it gives rise to the price since the demand increases and coins decreases.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:28:25 AM

If im going to die, i will tell my passwords and accounts in bitcoin to my family before i die. I will also tell them to learn first all the things that they should do and avoid in terms of bitcoin. In that case, they can continue to earn bitcoin using my accounts as well as earn money to sustain their daily needs. It is a good idea if you will teach someone or even all of your relatives about bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:49:30 AM

Hmmm...I think "I have to make a will for my child and my wife now". So, you must for your future.  Smiley
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:54:16 AM

If no one has access to your wallet then your bitcoin is gone. So guess you write it down somewhere so they get access to it when you die
Right.Or maybe put into a memory card all your assets so they can access it the moment you're gone.Of course your partner or your parents should be aware of that so they will be informed and it won't create confusion to them.

that is one of the biggest issue with the crypto currencies. we should prepare a legacy plan in case something happens to us. who will have it and how.

if you don't prepare that, all your coins will die together with you.
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 11:58:50 AM

I didn't teach or tell about bitcoin to any of my family members.And secondly if you want to take your btc with you after you died simply you can't do that.Maybe before your death you can give your private key to your son or daughter.I will do the same

Kriptex

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:00:30 PM

If im going to die, i will tell my passwords and accounts in bitcoin to my family before i die. I will also tell them to learn first all the things that they should do and avoid in terms of bitcoin. In that case, they can continue to earn bitcoin using my accounts as well as earn money to sustain their daily needs. It is a good idea if you will teach someone or even all of your relatives about bitcoin.

You should teach them how to use your bitcoin and altcoins wallets. Otherwise all of them turn into trash after you die. This is very important but only a few of us take care of this probability of dying unexpectedly.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:01:51 PM

My family will take over on my Bitcoins, my Bitcoins will give them a good amount of money as security.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: