Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:43:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5082 times)
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:03:13 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
If I die accidentally someone already know my account he's the one who gave me this account. I know he  will used my money in the better way or gave it to my family member he doesn't neet this anymore because he's alot of money than I am.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:12:23 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

If nobody has an access in your wallet then it I think it will just stay in there forever or until someone was able to brute force hack wallets or bitcoin developed a system that verifies its users for every inactive wallets, lets say you will receive notification in your wallet in a form of transaction that would make your inactive wallet's bitcoin available to be mined lest you confirm that you still uses it or something like that, I am not really knowledgeable about bitcoin's system its all just my opinion. 

mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:42:04 PM

In my own understanding about this issue. The actions or result will be carried upon by the decision of stipulations and the law governing them.
All operations of bitcoin must act according to the jurisdiction of the law. In other words the law of the country which their governing has a right to tell what will happen to the investment of their investor after death.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:52:09 PM

Well, it will be sent to my children or relatives, I guess  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Yes if I die my saving  I want to give to my children for there future. All my investment in bitcoin I will divided for my four kids. And I make a last testament for my kids the condition they make continue to joiin and invest in bitcoin for there future and make more success.
Silber

Activity: 1154
Merit: 154

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:39:22 PM

R.I.B.

(Rest in Blockchain)
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 03:40:52 PM

I already set things up. My fiancee knows about the passwords and everything if anything happens with me. Other than that, it is what it is.

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:39:27 PM

My son will grow up - will understand with the fact that my dad had for the wallets. By that time bitcoin will continue to rise. Well, or the next statistic in a forgotten bitcoin or some people will pick up the password to it. In any case, after die, me is not going to care.

coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:50:56 PM

If I die definitely my family will inherit all my digital assets because I will try and make sure I disclose all my keys in a place where they can easily access them or to my siblings or my first child. I will make sure it's not strange to them they will even have their own account on bitcoin.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:37:17 PM

This is my opinion if i die all of my bitcoin in my online wallet will go to my parent's because i'm only 16 years old and i don't have a family a children's and wifi so when that happens i can give my private key and password to my parent only so they can access and use my remaining bitcoin and i know it's not gonna happen because i'm always in our house always eating foods and watching tv and i'm still to young to die
Bryan13

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:53:35 PM

My bitcoin will always be there and will not end, even if i die. So i taught my wife how im doing to my bitcoin, so when i die, she knows how to open or use my btc account.
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:45:32 PM

I teach my family how bitcoin works, how to get it so as not to go wrong to something scam
and then my family can be with me to keep learning and growing to understand how bitcoin it is

teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:05:44 PM

When you die without saving your wallet details for someone or heir to get access to,then you BTC is gone forever. Without your details you can't claim your BTC. You can save them up somewhere or even include it in your will, that way your family or heir can get access to your btc incase of death.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:28:46 PM

If someone dies and does not dedicate anyone to the cipher of their private key from a purse with crypto currency, this amount in digital currency will forever remain in the encrypted form of the Blockchein block chain. In order for this not to happen, it is necessary to take care beforehand that some of the relatives or close friends are devoted to the basics of crypto-currency and have backup copies of access to the crypto currency or otherwise had access to it.
icoprofits

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:31:07 PM

when ever i create bitcoin wallets i write down offline copy of bitcon wallet details so if anything happen to me my family can get access
The Matrix

Activity: 270
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:40:06 PM

I educate my son as we go along in the crypto market and teach him all the things he needs to know. I also keep a handwrtitten record og all usernames and passwords which is kept and hidden in a secret place he also knows and I just told him to look there in case I die.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:42:45 PM

Most of what happens is bitcoin that goes into the family, because usually someone shares knowledge with their family. Although they do not deliver it directly, but there must be a backup file somewhere on the computer.
louisedem

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:09:32 PM

Well, I still do not see myself dying but I am prepared that whenever that thing will happen, I have already taught my mother, and younger sister on how they will get in touch or have an access with my phone to get into my crypto wallet and what they need to do to make the money I have left be useful for them whenever I will die in any type of accident. I am assured that my Bitcoins were safe with my family so I am not afraid and worried about my bitcoin holdings if ever I will be caught into trouble just something like that.

Chandler32

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:10:54 PM

luckily it's not that hard to access wallets in smart phones. My wife already knows my password just in case. Sadly, my spending is also well traced. xD
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:17:24 PM

I educate my son as we go along in the crypto market and teach him all the things he needs to know. I also keep a handwrtitten record og all usernames and passwords which is kept and hidden in a secret place he also knows and I just told him to look there in case I die.
What you did is actually right, any of our family members must know our all information regarding savings. Because nobody knows when we will die especially if we are young. In my case, my brother knows all information about my accounts username and password like that I know his information.
ttlnnt

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:23:44 PM

Well, if you have a substantial amounts of bitcoins which can effect your heirs life in a positive way, I will recommend you to add it to your will. Don't mention the private key to your will, instead store the details of your bitcoin wallet in a secure location in your laptop or PC or in a piece of paper and mention that location details to your will, so that your heirs can find it after your death.

Else, have some faith on your wife and tell her everything about your bitcoins. Let her know how to access it and ask her to distribute it among your children after your death. But if you are holding a very small amount, then it's not worth having the bitcoin details included in your will.

I think no need to make a will of testament just to remind them about your Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency wealth. Your wife or your closest sibling will be the best person to entrust all your digital wealth because nobody knows what will happen. If we die they can still use our digital wealth.
That's the best thing, introduce Bitcoin and Crypto-Currency and Blockchain technology to your family in order to remind them that if one of the family member is gone then they can still access your assets.
Even i think the same! What's the need of mentioning it in your will or Testament. One can simply inform a trustworthy peer or relative about the earned wealth. Actually this is a prudent and a rational decision. Because you never know when life takes a toll on you. So it's better if you have saved through this medium do keep some reliable person informed about this. What good is your wealth if it couldn't serve your loved ones!!

It's as simple as that. That concerned person may act as your heir or a nominee at the time of your death and would be able to utilize your funds instead of them getting wasted.

Stockus Trading Platform — Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰PRE-ICO▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰  
  Twitter Facebook •  • Telegram Medium  ◆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: