Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:00:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5080 times)
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:21:38 PM

Interesting question, I am curious about the existing practice of heritage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:25:23 PM

I do not have bitcoin yet but when time comes to the near death of mine if I got btc I will leave it to my family. Even I am not with them still I support the needs of my family as my responsibility.
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:27:02 PM

In that case, surely i will extend my bitcoins to my love one's, as long as i live, i will grab the opportunity to obtain btc as much as i can, for i know bitcoin will give a better future to the next generation. This is the only treasure i could share to my family:)
IL.Guerreiro

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:38:37 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...

Mine is written on my record note, and my sisters and brother knows it. So I think this is the best one that your family knows about where did you put your record about bitcoin incase of emergency.
ateebshaikh290

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:39:43 PM
Merited by imrobo2 (1), StallionMosquito (1)

I didn't actually thought about that about after reading this question I will have to think and I thought that I will tell the password of my account to my family members and teach them how to access with it so after me they must be easily having my bitcoin.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:01:30 PM

Honesty is very dependent on the provisions and laws that can regulate it. All bitcoin operations must act in accordance with the jurisdiction of the law. In other words, state law in government has the right to know what will happen with investment to their investors after death.  Cool
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:08:06 PM

it'll disappear with you unless you entrust your private keys, password to someone. you'll move on to eternity, while your bitcoins may be added to the circulating coins unless the person you entrusted your bitcoins to loses the private keys and password and the bitcoins will be gone too.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:27:17 PM

it'll disappear with you unless you entrust your private keys, password to someone. you'll move on to eternity, while your bitcoins may be added to the circulating coins unless the person you entrusted your bitcoins to loses the private keys and password and the bitcoins will be gone too.
Yeah, if no one knows our password and wallet, our bitcoin stays in our wallet when we die but this also means our bitcoin will forever never appear on the market, that is something very sorry for our family, life is never predictable, so always prepare for the worst situations. We should provide our passwords and our bitcoin wallet, in addition, we also need to clearly provide our other assets that we own in the cryptocurrencies world to the people we trust most, be it family or friends, this will be a great gift for them

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Ma Nancy

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:28:23 PM

Well im going to save all my information about bitcoin like passwords private keys and etc.
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:31:00 PM

Well, if you have a substantial amounts of bitcoins which can effect your heirs life in a positive way, I will recommend you to add it to your will. Don't mention the private key to your will, instead store the details of your bitcoin wallet in a secure location in your laptop or PC or in a piece of paper and mention that location details to your will, so that your heirs can find it after your death.

Else, have some faith on your wife and tell her everything about your bitcoins. Let her know how to access it and ask her to distribute it among your children after your death. But if you are holding a very small amount, then it's not worth having the bitcoin details included in your will.

I think this is applicable if the person who died would actually leave his holdings to a person or would form part of his will. However, in the event that a person dies and none of his family or heirs for that matter would not know of his holdings, then it would just remain in his wallet until the time comes that it would be irrelevant to the circulating amount of bitcoin in the market. At first, it would play a part since bitcoin has a market cap, and that bitcoin in the person's wallet has surely been counted as part of the cap, which means, if he holds a big amount it would affecting the circulating amount that might play a part in making bitcoin's value higher since the supply would be lower. However, after some time, when the circulating amount diversifies, then the amount that is left in the wallet would be rendered insignificant due to being idle.
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:31:19 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

Well I didn't log out my account they can easily open my bitcoin and access in it my brother knows how to use it and there will be no problem even if I die accidentally or if my brother forgot how to use or get the money that i have in bitcoin they can talk to my friend who created the account that i have it'll be more convenient for them because my friend knows it so well than my family.

Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:35:22 PM

This is an important matter I think considering the fact that we are all clueless on when are we going to die. If ever I will die and I have a lot of bitcoins, I want it to be received by my family but I don't think this matter is already handled or solved. Maybe some are being innovated for such cases and it would be nice to have all of this fixed for the sake of earning a lot and giving it to your relatives.
Ajinomoto40

Activity: 338

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:40:18 PM

I hope there's a way to make it go to my family so that I can make sure that all my hardships will not be in vain and will go to my loved ones. I don't know if this is already settled but I hope it will be taken care of as soon as possible knowing that we don't have any idea when we are going to die. Earning bitcoin is not easy so it would be a great relief if someone close to you will benefit from it when you die.

tayogpanganiban

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:42:51 PM

Well, it will be sent to my children or relatives, I guess  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
While i'm still alive I will teach my family what to do about my bitcoin and it's up to them if they will sell it or not..

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
er]
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:46:14 PM

i have all my passwords emails and accounts on all of wallets and exchanges on my computer saved,
which i wrote on a note for my wife and told her to save it and open if something happen to me. this is just for assurance and we must do it because in cryptocurrencies once we die it remain there forever and unlike banks that can be withdrawn with proper legal documents
btcminer6212

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:47:46 PM

i have all my passwords emails and accounts on all of wallets and exchanges on my computer saved,
which i wrote on a note for my wife and told her to save it and open if something happen to me. this is just for assurance and we must do it because in cryptocurrencies once we die it remain there forever and unlike banks that can be withdrawn with proper legal documents
I think its common people all over the world prefers that when they will leave this world than what will happened to their relatives and families? So BTC solve this problem on the way that BTC will be saved in that person wallet until he/she doesn’t want to waste or that person can share his personal key of bitcoin that after his death his family will use that bitcoin to be happy.
sammrheza

Activity: 448
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:48:19 PM

ahh yes if when I die bitcoin still exist I will give it to my family ?

and how if bitcoin  didn't  exist anymore soon  Undecided ....
N4turo

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:52:22 PM

you should print your wallet on the paper and but it in your safe, and after you die your family will open your safe somehow..
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:07:50 PM

This is a good question that most of us are not aware of. We must have a contingency plan and eduacate some in the familty about cryptocurrency so that whatever happens to us, someone can access our virtual assets. Also make some backups with some instructions and let it be  keep by someone of our trusted family mebers or even in teh Last will Smiley

Open for Campaigns
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

This is really too morbid theme. Technically if you don’t transfer access information to your account to somebody then your bitcoins will be in your wallet forever, until the wallet would be crashed under hacker attacks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: