Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:48:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5080 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:54:57 AM

Well you can finally take your bitcoins with you. Just like you no one willl have access to bitcoin anymore because they would need a secure key to access the wallet! sans which it is impossible to access any bitcoin as bitcoin is decentralized and that makes it so good! Tongue So be sure to at least trasfer the key so that the nominee can learn and get your bitcoins else Tongue those bitcoins will reside in heaven just like you would.

lamcouz

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:57:42 AM

This will be a treasure for the person to be abandoned by our death. Leaving behind all the small notes or important information about how Bitcoin works to continue the work and get the results we have for our family.  Smiley
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:59:18 AM

This will be a treasure for the person to be abandoned by our death. Leaving behind all the small notes or important information about how Bitcoin works to continue the work and get the results we have for our family.  Smiley

I think a lot of people will need to form contingency plans for their crypto so they can pass it on to their family, otherwise so much of the supply will be lost

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
alabnoman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:06:35 AM

It can be passed or given to your trusted family. Because cryptocurrencies are not backed by any government regulator. In most cases, the traditional financial institution does not handle their name, address and other identifying details.
jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:00:35 AM

If someone die and he has big amount of bitcoin definitely his family take his money and also hi bitcoin that`s why you must have relatives knows your bitcoin wallet  so whatever happen your money is safe.

acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:11:30 AM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...

This is actually an interesting question. I believe that it is the same to our social media accounts and credit with in online games. It will still remain in our accounts. Not unless of course someone will claim for it, like submit some legal documents as proof that he or she is our closest relative. Then again, it is still wise to have a last will and testament when it comes to bitcoin.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:29:15 AM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

This is actually an interesting question. I believe that it is the same to our social media accounts and credit with in online games. It will still remain in our accounts. Not unless of course someone will claim for it, like submit some legal documents as proof that he or she is our closest relative. Then again, it is still wise to have a last will and testament when it comes to bitcoin.
It is best to have like that. We should create like a legal document so the bitcoin will be transferred into our relative or a family member that will continue your legacy and they will continue in dealing with the different cryptocurrencies because it is better to have someone that will get your bitcoin once you are dead and not just putting it within your account and doing nothing for the possible scenarios in the future.
Crypto Jaga

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:32:44 AM

store them on ledger nano s, and give password (and 24-word recovery phrase) to your lover, but hope you will have a wonderful life with all the gains from bitcoin before as anyone would die.
morozo

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

Your Gate to Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:34:50 AM

If you have not informed family members about your investment, you will loose all money. This applies to other investments as well like in bank deposits.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Steadfast20

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:36:56 AM

It depends. If you share your private keys into a trustworthy person then he/she can have access to your hidden bitcoin and give it to the family. On the other side, if you just kept it until you die, then your bitcoins will be there unused forever.

BetHash - Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS & more! ☞ Play Lottery | Play Dice | Get Referral Bonus[/center
TobyToby12

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:38:25 AM

So there is nothing needs to worry. I have also tought my ten years old son how to use a bittcoin wallet. Of course, i have kept the private key in a save place that only my husband and son know. So, when i die, i will rest in peace.This is similar to those who bury their gold during "midnight gardening" and don't tell anyone, then keel over.
gvnsrbtc

Activity: 523
Merit: 285

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:42:42 AM

I gave my passwords to a really close friend who I can trust unqestioned. If something happens to me, he'll care about all my bitcoins and give my wife and daughter. (If you think as "what if he decide to cheat you", it means you don't have a real friend Smiley ) I hope we both'll have a great and long life and spend all our money together Wink
Cgrbb

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:00:42 AM

when i die my bitcions will fly away with me to the eternity.
i cant share my bitcoins with anyone .
dig my grave deeply
let it be narrow
oh dear
let it be narrow
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:05:59 AM

Well this question is quite interesting. I think I want to transfer all my bitcoins to my baby before I die. I will teach my relatives about bitcoin and how to trade this money to take precautions before I go. I think that is a big money for my work later

SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:15:26 AM

my wife and I are trader, miner and bounty hunter. so if I die then my wife will take over bitcoin and my other coins. but if we both die then bitcoin that we have will be stored in our wallet. because none of my family knows about bitcoin wallet and how to use it.
yasukata

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:17:40 AM

I do not teach. I think that bit coins like those including loss will increase. It is very interesting how it affects bit coins.
obinine

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:53:08 AM

Unlike retirement funds or even savings accounts, no one needs to know that you own them, or how much you have in them or indeed how to access them without you. But I think any family member who knows about it can claim for the remainings.
Pretty much this unless you managed to safely hide your private keys, seeds, etc for all your cryptocurrency. But hey how many people know about cryptocurrency recovery
morrisby25

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:17:52 AM

I guess it is lost forever, and then there is less bitcoin for everybody else. Price goes up  Grin
There’s a lot of lost BITCOIN due to mispayments and shit and it’ll drive the price up but also artificially manipulate the entire cryptocurrency market cap
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:46:52 AM

my wife and I are trader, miner and bounty hunter. so if I die then my wife will take over bitcoin and my other coins. but if we both die then bitcoin that we have will be stored in our wallet. because none of my family knows about bitcoin wallet and how to use it.

That is a good news for you that you and your wife is both into cryptocurrency and that will help you to have a peace of mind that you will not lose the cryptocurrencies that you have both in your wallets and the only chance that you guys will lose your entirely cryptocurrencies balance if you will die both at the same time which is impossible to happen.
Ram krish

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:49:25 AM

I have shared my account details with my family members. They will manage if I die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: