Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:44:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5080 times)
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:25:47 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...

No one can bring his/her bitcoin if he/she die. It will just remain in our wallet. If ever I die, there is someone who knows how to withdraw, use, or access it. From the very beginning, he can visit it anytime he wants. So I have no worries that ny bitcoin will be buried too if I die.
I educate one of my cousin about bitcoin, but she does not know how to access my bitcoin.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:24:46 PM

Your existence will not affect the ownership of your bitcoin. whether you are alive or not the ownership will remains yours no matter what happens
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:34:40 PM

if you have a large amount of bitcoin that can affect the lives of your heirs in a positive way, I would recommend you to add them to your will. Do not mention private keys, but keep your bitcoin wallet details in a safe location on your laptop or PC or on a piece of paper and specify location details to your liking, so your heirs can find it.
bukikbarisan

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:44:01 PM

Having a large amount of bitcoin that can affect the life of your heirs chooses in the best way, Do not mention your personal key as you wish, keep your bitcoin wallet details in a safe location such as a laptop or on a piece of paper and specify location details, to make the heir easy find it.
josegr4ham

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:46:16 PM

Recently, a friend of mine who works in IT told me that someone came to him. His uncle died and he needed help recovering all the password for his e-wallets in order to recover the coins. I think my family will get the entire information when I am still alive. I want my family to have everything I own
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:48:13 PM

I came across this discussion many times; It's always a good idea to keep all details about your Crypto (& all other digital assets of course) investment/holdings along with the seeds &/Or Private keys on a piece of paper that your family can reach

lani123lani

Activity: 719

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:02:44 PM

If I die, I will pass on to family members who can access my coins, so that families can enjoy bitcoin in the future if I have to die.

jigzaheedcoin

Activity: 194

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:18:17 PM

Recently, a friend of mine who works in IT told me that someone came to him. His uncle died and he needed help recovering all the password for his e-wallets in order to recover the coins. I think my family will get the entire information when I am still alive. I want my family to have everything I own
So far, I haven't thought of that but I'll cross the bridge when I get there. Basically, I got ideas from a friend as well but not imagining things like this because it's a sort of vague responsibility if the wallet is for a lifetime. We cannot afford to predict what will the next years to come will happen to us. For sure there  should be an alternative account to keep and save your bitcoin better if convert into a real cash and save it on banks. That's the safer way so that the beneficiary will after that if the family member dies. We all know that bank do still exist so eventually banks will cooperate with bitcoin,if given an approval.

White32

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:09:25 AM

There is one thing for sure that possibly happen when i die. My family binefited with the bitcoin I'd left but they must know how to access my account before it happens. But if i didnt teach them everything about bitcoin they will not use it anymore and the bitcoin will just stock up on my wallet.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
morata

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:33:42 AM

ask for confidence in your wife and tell them all about your bitcoin, Let her know how to access them and ask her to share them among your children after your death.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:37:18 AM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
Of course i will teach my mom and dad and my sister to use this and all my private wallets password and etc . They should need to know this so just in case when i die they get and they know to how to get my bitcoins.

dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:55:29 AM

No one can bring his/her bitcoin if he/she die. It will just remain in our wallet. If ever I die, there is someone who knows how to withdraw, use, or access it. From the very beginning, he can visit it anytime he wants. So I have no worries that ny bitcoin will be buried too if I die.
I educate one of my cousin about bitcoin, but she does not know how to access my bitcoin.

And now I am curious who is it that know your private key from the very beginning. Who do you trust that much, is it your wife? It is fine if it is really your wife, but if you are still single like me, I really do have no idea who I can trust with LOL

NashAmajh
Copper Member

Activity: 186
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:46:54 AM

Yeah that's a good question.I really don't know when will I die and what will happens to my bitcoin that's why I have kept a solution too.I have created a note in my laptop where I have wrote down all the informations and gave my password of my laptop to my dear son so that when I will die he can manage my all the crypto properties.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Lock00Live

Activity: 238

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:09:35 AM

Yeah that's a good question.I really don't know when will I die and what will happens to my bitcoin that's why I have kept a solution too.I have created a note in my laptop where I have wrote down all the informations and gave my password of my laptop to my dear son so that when I will die he can manage my all the crypto properties.
I think that life is very short and no one knows when I will die, so when I get a lot of profit in this market, I will fulfill the goals that I set. The amount of bitcoin in my wallet will be provided to my relatives because if unfortunately I lose my family still know about the bitcoin I have but the number will not be much.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:37:29 AM

This thing is so complicated.If any member of the family or any person close to you doesnt know the keys, then your bitcoin will surely die with you.  .To prevent this,  You has to ensure that someone gets a copy of the private key by writing it down, storing it on a flash memory drive, or entrusting it with someone you trust most. Though it is stored in a virtual wallet it cant be access without the keys.
Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:56:49 AM

This thing is so complicated.If any member of the family or any person close to you doesnt know the keys, then your bitcoin will surely die with you.  .To prevent this,  You has to ensure that someone gets a copy of the private key by writing it down, storing it on a flash memory drive, or entrusting it with someone you trust most. Though it is stored in a virtual wallet it cant be access without the keys.
If time will come that my life end i would gave my private key to my family who can handle the right to do .i will right down those things that are important and i will share my learnings in how to manage and consume my bitcoin.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:19:33 PM

Then my family would use it I would leave my private key and my wallets ID and password where they could find it,
So they are the ones who could use it and so it wouldn't be wasted I mean the time I spent to earn it and the value of what I earned .
After all I am the one who works for it so I think they also deserve it and they are the ones who should used it.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:29:13 PM

Everyone who has bitcoin in his wallet should give a message to his closest relative containing his personal wallet key or password so that they can access the wallet after his death and be able to control bitcoin access smoothly. Cool
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:37:58 PM

Everyone who has bitcoin in his wallet should give a message to his closest relative containing his personal wallet key or password so that they can access the wallet after his death and be able to control bitcoin access smoothly. Cool

And I have done that. My husband and I work together to get profit from bitcoin. We always share passwords and variously related security locks. It keeps our assets to stay awake and useful even if one of us has died.

Melvin Narag

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:41:35 PM

For me much  better introduce or teach the family members or relatives on how bitcoin changing the life of you for  them knew it if your die your family or relatives will continue it what you started till all family members know how to do it to themselves
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: