Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:59:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5080 times)
PatM14

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:08:58 PM

There are solutions to this problem being implemented right now. One of these is a platform called DigiPulse. It allows you to create a decentralized vault that you can store your private keys or any other digital assets and they will be only viewed by you. You then designate a person or people who you want to inherit the contents of this vault. The service is operated by you paying in increments with their utility token DGPT. Whenever you stop paying the DigiPulse will contact your inheritor and have them verify their identity and they will gain access to the vault.

Its a really cool idea since most are sugesting leaving behind some physical item such as a paper wallet or hardware wallet with a lawyer or a 3rd party. The thing is this is risky as they could be stolen or misplaced. I tried the beta and its really easy to use, id suggest anyone interested to give it a go its on their website, digipulse.io

The vault is kind of whatever to me. What I really like about Digipulse is their activity tracker. Trying to compete with the various storage providers is a crowded space, but the activity tracker that can connect via API to your gmail, facebook, Steam, Battle.net, Instagram, Twitter, etc. combined with the decentralized storage vault is golden. DGPT combines both functions together so it know the last time you logged into any one of these platforms. If you don't log into any of them, within the allotted time that you determine (1 week up to 3 months), then the service will automatically contact your inheritor that they have a vault waiting to be claimed. You can store private keys in the vault, videos, photo's, etc.

That solution at this point is a lot easier than teaching my parents about crypto, my wife about crypto, etc. Parents are a lost cause at this age, and the wife is a long term play to educate on crypto security. Hard enough to get the wifey to look at crypto as anything but funny money.

I would never ever put crypto in a will because anyone that has access to your private keys can pretty much do whatever they want with it. If you are smart and educated in blockchain/crypto, and happen to be in a position to access wills, they'll never be able to tie the crypto back to your lawyer/accountant who may have stolen your funds. They can easily move the coins off to a wallet like exodus. Convert it into BTC/ETH or send the tokens/coins to a DEX and convert to BTC/ETH. Then move those funds around slowly to binance through a non KYC account/multiple accounts and buy privacy coins. Move privacy coins through to KYC account with larger limits and convert back to BTC/ETH. Sell to fiat. The faster this is done that harder it is to stop as well.

Ideally, i'd like to have all my inheritors knowledgeable about crypto security and private keys as well as a service like DGPT or better.

dgpt will be one of the best solutions to pass on your keys or even serve as a safeguard just in case you forget your own keys.
Doloready

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:29:58 PM

I think that it will reach the point that they will leave their children to the inheritance Smiley And so, I would teach and introduce the children in the course of the matter before leaving their bitcoins on them
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:31:31 PM

ok for this case a firedn of mine has acces to my phone and if thsi is still alive he can access to all my coins.
So they wont be lost but i hope i can use them in my life Cheesy

regards
Txslady

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:35:38 PM

i wiill teach them before i died or when im dying on the death bed. well, we must continue our wealth into others. no matter if they is our family or not. or you could donate your wealth to the one who needs. i will teach or write how to use the wallet and transaction too if needed. so my hardwork is meaning something.
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:41:33 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
No, I wont take my bitcoin with me in my grave. I  did bitcoin because of them so before I die, i will sell all my bicoin at cash it out and give to them equally. Before dying, I will teach them how to do it on their own.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:45:30 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

No, I wont take my bitcoin with me in my grave. I  did bitcoin because of them so before I die, i will sell all my bicoin at cash it out and give to them equally. Before dying, I will teach them how to do it on their own.
LOL, the point here is , how do you know when you will die ? Except you're dying cause of old. Then how do you know you'll get a car accident tomorrow or drowning in the ocean to deal with your Bitcoins ?
You know nothing about your death mate, if you knew about it, absolutely you're a lucky man.
echo11

Activity: 188
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:35:42 AM

Having a large amount of bitcoin that can affect the life of your heirs chooses in the best way, Do not mention your personal key as you wish, keep your bitcoin wallet details in a safe location such as a laptop or on a piece of paper and specify location details, to make the heir easy find it.
Klestar

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:39:19 AM

Of course before i die or untl im a live i will teach my family o use this and to how how to get this and how to gamble it and all of my private keys they need to know this so if i die they will get a money from me so he can use this even i die.
NowYouAreSee

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:17:23 AM

There is nothing difficult in creating a smart contract, and after death everything will be sent at will. I think the development of such a tool is already underway.
StoneCrypto

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:28:42 AM

There is nothing difficult in creating a smart contract, and after death everything will be sent at will. I think the development of such a tool is already underway.

Yep, See Digipulse. I think the API integration to social media and other platforms is the coolest part.

DigiPulse is the first digital asset inheritance service to help ensure that your digital assets and cryptocurrency safely and securely make it into the possession of those you intend without going through the hands of a third party. It combines decentralized storage which they call a smart vault that you can use to store your private keys, photo's video's documents, safely and securely with a dead mans switch to connect via API's to a majority of the online platforms you use like Facebook, gmail, youtube, twitter, instagram, etc. The deadmans switch will automatically notify your inheritor via smart contract that they have a smart vault to claim if you don't access any of your platforms in X amount of time (determined by you).

I've tested the beta and it's super easy to use. Took less than 10 minutes to setup. Service goes live June 1st.
https://app.digipulse.io

instructions in their blog post here.
https://blog.digipulse.io/welcome-digipulse-beta-478d8f91dcca
klebsiella

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:57:21 AM

For the first question: Yes, my spouse and children knows about bitcoin and knows about this forum.
For the second question: Bitcoin would be of no use when I die, so why would I take it? My family knows where I keep my private key, so if anything happens to me, they can get and use my investment.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
alihasangoto

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 11:59:59 AM

Nobody could access your wallet without private key. Do not let your earning die with you. Find out atleast one person in your family on whom you will trust blindly and share your private key. This is just my openion
Cita1

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:24:10 PM

My family know my accounts and password. We work hand in hand in doing signature campaign. Our profits were invested and the children are being educated in everything about bitcoin. They know the importance of btc to our life.
Bisul

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:37:29 PM

I will record my bitcoin data, then input to USB. to be inherited to you or if I am married, I will inherit my wife and my child,
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:42:46 PM

Actually I've introduced and taught bitcoin to the family so I can pass the bitcoin along with the science of bitcoin itself in order to be utilized someday. I teach the science of trading and teach to be bitcoin hunter to the family as an inheritance if I was not there

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
lhea056

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:50:13 PM

i am making all of wallet records . and all my exchanger records that include login and password safe and will inform my wife about it where she could find the records of my wallets . because all of my work and saved money are for my family which is my son and my wife i want them to have everything i have and this is for their future especially for my son which i will pass on to my son in the future .

rh72

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 12:58:10 PM

Well, it will be sent to my children or relatives, I guess  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You can if you know your dead time. I suggest you may be just now you notice them about your account. Grin
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:03:19 PM

Well, it will stay as what it is. Well, may be they won't need this such money if I would gone, my brother does know how to work with this, my parents does not pay too much attention to this as what I did. So maybe, my bitcoin would just remained alive or else my brother would interrupt to my account.
jakirdj95

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:38:58 PM

The most important question is, if I die with bitcoin then my account's dollar or my website will work, who will I trust? In my opinion, my wife or son should keep my personal password because no one will be able to tell who dies.I have to trust anyone. Bitcoin business owners should give their personal information to anyone who knows how to get their bitcoin easily.So, in my opinion, I will tell anyone about my relationship with Bitcoin.
So let's teach him how he can work after my death
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:43:45 PM

Bitcoin is a tricky thing, if we do not introduce bitcoin to someone we trust then if we die bitcoin will disappear, I have introduced bitcoin to my sister and he also actively use bitcoin, so whenever I die then bitcoin that I have will be useful.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: