Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:07:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die?  (Read 5082 times)
Tasya04

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:49:52 PM

if I die I think bitcoin is still there but nobody can open and claim my account. and will be continued by my children later so bitcoin keep running.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:52:47 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone.

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
I also think about this how those people who hold large amount of bitcoin think if this kind of event happened? Is there any paper or documents that has an attachment of information about his bitcoin. To pass to their family or friends.
They probably just gave 1 person they trust instructions on how to open the wallet and eventually sell it. Not much other ways around it , maybe they got a lawyer who will notify the family after the death.

fattyforhire

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:10:18 PM

In this case, I told my brother how to use my investment, how to access my wallets. Unfortunately, we must anticipate every situation in life.
mrsimons121

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:12:43 PM

what happens to bitcoin when one dies is simple, your bitcoins are gone forever you gave someone your details and so the person will be able to access them and withdraw them
WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:23:24 PM

I think that no one will be able to have access to your investments. Therefore, I also began to think about how to tell someone from close people data access to my investments in the event of an accident.
Rinzo

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:25:18 PM

if your bitcoin is worth something, you do the same thing you do for your valuables. write a will. put the necessary info on how to get it somewhere someone can locate when you are gone. tell a confidant (spouse, kids, relation)
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Once you die your money will not be accessible to others and that's a fact I do not think we should ever do something about this because they do not deserve your money anyway if you want a way so that it taken grab on the money even when you passed out is simply by making small chipper which only your family can explore and cancel someday I got you have to make it with the family stuff like old memories and some home stuff. Always remember you cannot tell them about it not until you are dying in the next movement.
Prisca07

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:52:38 PM

I think that nothing happens if your relatives do not have access to your transactions. one of the options, they can be swindled by scammers. because transactions and no data can not confirm that it is you who own the bitcoins. it is better not to think about it or immediately you must write a will and in it indicate who will own your assets.
MMnoob

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:00:31 PM

if I am ready to be ready before I die, it seems that if it is a household, I will tell her before her, and if I have not married, I have told my parents ,,, our people are looking for money for themselves and family also right Huh Smiley
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:01:16 PM

Hopefully I will not die anytime soon but in case this happens I am pretty sure my family can manage to get my money out of the exchanges and ledger.
SadEmo

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:16:19 PM

Probably everything will stay in your wallet and those bitcoin would be lost for everybody. At least you can let your password to your close people if you are scared.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:18:59 PM

I will be sent to my future children i guess.
LaitHonor

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:21:38 PM

Easy to use
To open an account for the company in our banks, you need to go through seven circles of hell. In the end, you can refuse without explanation. With bitcoin, you can forget about such a problem: you need five minutes to create a bitcoin-wallet and immediately start using it. Without questions, without commissions. More information on how to create a bitcoin-wallet, read in our article.

Anonymity
Yes Yes. It is completely anonymous and at the same time completely transparent. You can create an infinite number of bitcoins without binding to a name, address or any other information. But…
brainape

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:02:41 PM

In this case, I told my brother how to use my investment, how to access my wallets. Unfortunately, we must anticipate every situation in life.
I also have everything in written form and my brother also know about bitcoin therefore i do not think that there will be any problem, in fact i am holding my bitcoin and not selling it right now because i am sure that in future it will give a good profit to my children, i am hopeful that bitcoin will give a good support to my family and will surely solve most of their financial problems.
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:43:58 PM

Yes of course, i really love my family and what is mine is their property also. I know them by heart and i trusted them, i will give them my private key. We don't really know when we will die, atleast my bitcoin wealth will surely be passed to them and will not die with me.
Khalp1

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:38:58 PM

Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...
Yes, my family knows my all account of bitcoin.I will give them my private key.when the times come i'm not worried about their financial problem..I'm hopefully that bitcoin will give a good support to my family.
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:42:10 PM

i dont think people think about that its new in our world so dont think people try do anyhting to teach thier families what to do with BTC or other coins if they die but yep with time it will be too as all will belive in crypto.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:06:31 PM

You should teach the member of you family if you are in bitcoin. Provide them information about your bitcoin. List down all you account and its password. Give them access from time to time for then to be familiar with bitcoin. Let them know the importance of it.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:20:05 PM

I think the trusted person is your family yeah even they didn't know  it, at least you have a mate also who knows bitcoin very well and teach them how to withdraw,  you don't need to teach your family if they don't know bitcoin. The point is they need to know how much your assets on bitcoin, that's it.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:24:40 PM

I would think a good solution is to write the private key on a piece of paper and leave instruction to your lawyer or some family member. and keep that piece of paper in an envelope and keep it somewhere safe, like a bank or a safe. there is no reason why your children shouldn't benefit from your money after you are dead.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: