Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:48:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Stellar Lumens or Ripple for 2018 Pick of The Year - XLM vs. XRP  (Voting closed: December 27, 2017, 07:01:16 PM)
Stellar Lumens - 2 (100%)
Ripple - 0 (0%)
Neither - 0 (0%)
Both - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XLM vs XRP - Which Is a Better Purchase For 2018?  (Read 1195 times)
RamesesLabs (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 07:01:16 PM

So everyone has been focused on the Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin Cash debate, yet there is another interesting rivalry in the cryptocurrency world that is starting to garner a lot of attention. While most people have heard of Ripple or XRP, many are just finding out about Stellar Lumens or XLM. After finding Ripple and leaving in a very public disagreement with the CEO he hired, Jed McCaleb has now started Stellar Lumens. Fixing some of the problems in Ripple, Stellar Lumens is a totally new code, however many people in the public space think the two are similar since they have the same founding owner. Just wanted to get everybody's insight on this rivalry. Keep it nice.

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange by Rameses Labs, LLC
gisselleny

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:50:44 PM

So everyone has been focused on the Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin Cash debate, yet there is another interesting rivalry in the cryptocurrency world that is starting to garner a lot of attention. While most people have heard of Ripple or XRP, many are just finding out about Stellar Lumens or XLM. After finding Ripple and leaving in a very public disagreement with the CEO he hired, Jed McCaleb has now started Stellar Lumens. Fixing some of the problems in Ripple, Stellar Lumens is a totally new code, however many people in the public space think the two are similar since they have the same founding owner. Just wanted to get everybody's insight on this rivalry. Keep it nice.

I myself have been interested in this topic as of late. I purchased XRP at a great price. Before the first big pump past 1$. Then I started hearing about XLM. From what I can tell they are both focused on transforming the banking industry and I am super excited about this move!!! I think the technology is going to really transform how the world uses and sends money.
There are differences and  I do NOT understand computer code at all. But from what I hear the codes are different. Also, they are both open source. So when one or the other comes up with something I'm sure it will be adapted to the competition's code. This makes it kind of hard to say who will come out on top though. I mean, they are both trying to change the same thing using the same technique right? So is it a race to see who gets more of the industry to join their "team"? (
The biggest difference that I can see it the fact that XLM is a not-for-profit company and XRP is definitely for profit. I am personally at a loss in this debate. Who's the better buy? Who's going to come out on top? And what differences am I not seeing?
In my opinion....because XRP was around longer and has more support I honestly think they will become the revolutionary change in this arm of the banking world. The question is will XLM be able to come in and make that "change" better? Kind of like Ethereum is doing to BitCoin (speed, price, domination, etc)?
The safe bet for me was to invest in both XRP and XLM because one of two things WILL happen.
1) Either one or the other will succeed and be a well-needed hit...
                     or
2) They will both succeed and either...
                       A) work side by side to change the industry
                                       or
                       B) become fierce competition (think McDonalds and Burger King).
In my eyes, it's a Win/Win Either way.... if we thought 2017 was the year for cryptocurrencies then 2018 is the year that cryptocurrencies start to change big business. GET IN NOW...IT'S NOT TO LATE!!!!!

Thoughts?
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:56:20 PM

XLM is the upgraded verson of XRP,and it is cheaper,former developer of XRP moves to XLM but why? because he doesnt want to get involve into a banker's business.

Raffielo

Activity: 84

Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:57:22 PM

Both are great, but XLM still has a lower asking price than XRP at the moment, and therefore speculatively there may be more room for profit in a short amount of time than XRP. Also, I read a headline recently, and now wish I had read the full analysis about XLM burning coins daily. This process will increase its value progressively. Also, there are divided beliefs surrounding XRP, as a another reason to go toward XLM instead.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:59:10 PM

I personally think that both some how complement eachother at yhe same time i think that stellar can prove to be big in next one year.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: