Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does collecting KYCs add credibilty to ICOs?
YES
NO
Does'nt Matter

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does collecting KYC make ICOs more legit?  (Read 351 times)
bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:05:36 PM

Looks like most of us don't like ICOs collecting KYCs.

cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:43:23 PM

On the slightly more serious note, regulatory compliant ICO sounds more like an oxymoron than a real thing. So, you’re utilizing financial infrastructure intentionally designed to be resistant against any third party intervention including any conceivable government regulation and at the same time you’re trying everything you can to be complaint to with some regulation. What's the point? On one hand you’re treating tokens as if they were property/security, on the other hand you can’t guarantee any property rights whatsoever. You see, guaranteeing property rights requires some sort of enforcer and this is impossible with blockchain technology. So yeah, by doing KYC you manage to be complaint with one particular regulation, but there are host of others you won't be able to complaint with.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:30:00 PM

It depends a lot, if they are going to use money as their first recurse to ejecut and run their ico smoothly, then of course that they will need to collect kyc, otherwise their law is not going to recognize them, and maybe they can shut down their site and ask them for that money.
I dont know how does the law applies in each country, because each government is a whole universe.

But everytime that i see a KYC on an ico program, i instantly close that window, i dont like to provide my details, and less to a group of people who we are never going to know if they project is going to be a success or not.
The same applies with all those exchanges that are using this kind of protocol.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

Was wondering why they do so in the first place?
It seems this apply to US citizens especially.

bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 07:36:55 PM

It depends a lot, if they are going to use money as their first recurse to ejecut and run their ico smoothly, then of course that they will need to collect kyc, otherwise their law is not going to recognize them, and maybe they can shut down their site and ask them for that money.
I dont know how does the law applies in each country, because each government is a whole universe.

But everytime that i see a KYC on an ico program, i instantly close that window, i dont like to provide my details, and less to a group of people who we are never going to know if they project is going to be a success or not.
The same applies with all those exchanges that are using this kind of protocol.

Same here. I think its pointless until you can actually verify it real time.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: