Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sumokoin - The litecoin of Monero  (Read 2050 times)
fredericos (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:08:35 PM

I think SUMO has the potential to gain quite a lot of value.

Monero paved the way for Cryptonote currencies, but people are always looking for alternatives, and developers for opportunities. There's AEON, but AEON is highly focused on mobile and the core blockchain may differ too much in the future for merged development with Monero. SUMO is more similar to big brother Monero. Developments for each will benefit both.

For example, SUMO just announced that the first part of the code for sub-addresses is now on github. The feature will be live within the next week or so. Sub-addresses are a very useful addition that make it more realistic for people to actually use cryptocurrency day-to-day without revealing the source of their funds.

Monero may add them upstream in the future. You can read about sub-addresses in SUMO on github here: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/28 and this week's announcement about sub-addresses here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905086.msg24880464#msg24880464

This is just the start - SUMO is a development-focused cryptocurrency, and I believe it will become a testbed/alternative to Monero. Think Litecoin to Bitcoin. SUMO can add features before it would be realistic to add them to Monero.

SUMO had a premine, but the premine is set aside in escrow until 2018, 2019 and 2020 to pay for development. I think that such a large development/marketing fund will give SUMO stable growth, similar to how DASH has been successful long term due to a large built-in development fund. SUMO's fundamentals are solid and there's a lot of reason to think it'll be a lot bigger than it is now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:26:24 PM

I am also watching Sumo closely and believe it has great potential. Development is strong and community and price is growing due to it being profitable to mine. I am conflicted on the premine but I think it was a good idea to place the funds in escrowed wallets to prevent dev dumps.
uDwcHYO

Activity: 363

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:33:59 PM

but what happens with price in july 2018 when devs open first locked wallet with 600 000 coins, I don't think that price will react well

zzz
fredericos (OP)

Activity: 338

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:39:43 PM

but what happens with price in july 2018 when devs open first locked wallet with 600 000 coins, I don't think that price will react well

Well the funds should be used for further development, adding to exchanges and so on.
It would not be smart to dump those coins since in the coming years, the other locked coins will be released.

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:42:59 PM

I like Sumo but between the two, I opted to put my money on Aeon.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:52:53 PM

Aeon's developer is smooth, one of the core Monero devs.. Aeon is Monero's little brother, litecoin if you will.

Aeon will have the code base updated to Monero's current code in 2018. It's also designed for Mobile whereas Monero is not. Accumulating this coin is a very good idea. HODL people!
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:35:20 AM

I have not heard a post as stupid as fredericos' comment. Sumokoin is a fork with a premine, so that makes it against the philosophy of the Monero development team.

In any case, calling Sumo the litecoin of bitcoin is an insult to Monero.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:40:33 AM

Use the original. XMR.
Not any ICO pseudomoneros or premined wannabe coins. Thats it.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:59:15 AM

Sumokoin market cap is less than 1 percent of Monero so it has nice potential for
appreciation going by that alone. It does not have to be better than Monero to gain value.
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:10:46 AM

Sumokoin market cap is less than 1 percent of Monero so it has nice potential for
appreciation going by that alone. It does not have to be better than Monero to gain value.

Great let me make a copy more of ETH and call it SumoETH, then I will say its a copy of Ethereum it has a low market cap and should be higher.
Germining

Activity: 778
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:11:12 PM

Use the original. XMR.
Not any ICO pseudomoneros or premined wannabe coins. Thats it.

To even mention Sumo with ETN (at least I guess what you mean by " ICO pseudomoneros") is just wrong on so many levels ... Check what Sumokoin dev did in just 6 month:

• Awesome GUI-Wallet
  • CPU-Easy-Miner
  • Adjusted Diff-Algo to make the coin Botnet-proof
  • First part of subaddresses mergerd
  • Second part of subaddresses with GUI will follow this year

That is more than a lot of the top 50 marketcap-coins did in the last 2 years .... IMHO Sumo will be a big gainer in 2018. Lets wait and see  Smiley

Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Private • Untraceable • Decentralized • Fungible
tuiputui

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:37:10 PM

Probably that it will rise because they´ll finally have funds to pay bigger exchanges entry + pay some marketing, those are the only weak points i see in this project now.

Dash and many succesfull project are funded with big premines. In other hand, many community based projects, or non-profit projects are abandoned after 1 or 2 years. This won´t be the case with a premine.
tuiputui

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:04:39 PM

Great let me make a copy more of ETH and call it SumoETH, then I will say its a copy of Ethereum it has a low market cap and should be higher.

That´s  Ethereum Classic, it costs more than 30$...

People should understand a fork is not a clone. Is has it´s own roadmap, it´s own fundamentals, and it´s own development, also it´s own place in the market.
Sumo tries to improve some aspects from monero, and keep other esential things. I think Sumo is more focused in the average user among other aspects... The wallet being beta is working straight forward, mining is super simple, and the privacy aspects are no compromised. That philosphy will probably be a difference factor in the product development compared to monero wich is usually considered a bit complex product.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:53:27 AM

That´s  Ethereum Classic, it costs more than 30$...

People should understand a fork is not a clone. Is has it´s own roadmap, it´s own fundamentals, and it´s own development, also it´s own place in the market.
Sumo tries to improve some aspects from monero, and keep other esential things. I think Sumo is more focused in the average user among other aspects... The wallet being beta is working straight forward, mining is super simple, and the privacy aspects are no compromised. That philosphy will probably be a difference factor in the product development compared to monero wich is usually considered a bit complex product.

Ethereum Classic is not the fork. It was Vitalik who forked Ethereum to bail out all of his friends who have invested in the DAO.

But Sumokoin's own roadmap does not make it a better coin. A good development team makes a cryptocoin better. That is why many of us who invested in Monero, also invested in Aeon. Because we trust smooth and he has a proven track record. What do the Sumokoin developers have?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Germining

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:00:09 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 04:29:07 AM by Germining

Just check what they already did (or read my post above with a few examples). That is more than most icos/coins usually do in such a short time.

Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:30:02 AM

There are plenty of worse coins selling at higher valuations without any reason
so this one has a good chance to go higher with a working dev team and roadmap.
Germining

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:19:18 AM

But none of them other forks is able to merge an awesome subaddresses feature (which sumo will do TODAY)

CryptoPyrate

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:52:06 AM

Sumokoin has an extremely active development team.

Not only have they hit every single road map target on time, other coins have ported their work. Such as the gui wallet and the gui miner because those coin's devs haven't released any useful tools.

A lot of coins have a huge marketing campaign and an ICO that's 99% hype with no actually developments, a ton of excuses about delays and still have a giant following.

Sumokoin has very little marketing and until recently was under $1 million market cap. Yet the devs hit road map targets over and over.

By the way, Sumokoin has had RingCT since day one, which means every single transaction is untraceable.

By default it has 12 mixing instead of monero's 4.

Subaddresses recently released for even more privacy.

No offense to monero, I have great respect for them, but sumokoin is just a better privacy currency in every measurable way.

Also, if you want to talk premine. Look no further than Dash and Ethereum... Wait that's weird, those are top 10 coins... 😂😂😂

Have there been premine scams? Yes. Does that mean all premines are scams? Obviously not.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:53:56 AM

Aeon's developer is smooth, one of the core Monero devs.. Aeon is Monero's little brother, litecoin if you will.

Aeon will have the code base updated to Monero's current code in 2018. It's also designed for Mobile whereas Monero is not. Accumulating this coin is a very good idea. HODL people!

This was my understanding, Aeon is the true Monero little brother that is cheap as chips at the moment.
Germining

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:40:29 AM

This was my understanding, Aeon is the true Monero little brother that is cheap as chips at the moment.

Sumo is no monero-light indeed. From a technical perspective Sumokoin has some features even better tham xmr.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: