Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining multiple coins?  (Read 399 times)
hashrate, inc (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:42:31 PM

Hi.  I was told this setup could mine all 4 coins.  Is that even possible?  How?  Multiple OS?
Hash Rate(±5%)   ETH:195MH/s, ETC:208MH/s Zcash:2400 Sol/s,XMR 6500H/S
Power Consumption   1000w (+10%)
CPU   Intel Broadwell-u 3215
Installed Memory   1 x SO-DIMM 4G DDR3L 1.35V
I/O   1 x mSATA 64G SSD
Ethernet   1x Gigabit(Network Controller Intel I210-AT)
USB   2 x USB2.0
HDMI   1 x HDMI(from CPU)
PCI-E Slot   9 x PCI-E x16 2.0(1x)
Graphic Card   8 x NVIDIA P106-100
Power Connection   7 x 6 Pin 12V
TDP(included)   1600W Power Supply
Operation System   Windows server 2012
Dimension   531x322x161mm
Weight   15KG (including power supply)
Package  Size   631x431x261mm

Thanks for your insights.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:19:08 PM

Have you tried mining via minergate pool? There, you can easily mine more than one cryptocurrency. I used to mine 4-6 kinds at a time. The only question is to find the most profitable ones.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:01:14 AM

Hi.  I was told this setup could mine all 4 coins.  Is that even possible?  How?  Multiple OS?

This is a pre-built mining rig, it can mine a lot more than just 4 coins. But it's not going to magically mine all 4 of those coins from the quote at the same time. Smiley They just listed expected hashrates for 4 popular coins, so if you decide to mine Ethereum then you should be hashing at ~ 195 MH/s. If you'll switch to Zcash, you should expect around 2400 sol/s. And so on. It's one algo at a time, not all 4 together.  Cheesy
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:46:29 AM

Hi.  I was told this setup could mine all 4 coins.  Is that even possible?  How?  Multiple OS?
I/O   1 x mSATA 64G SSD
USB   2 x USB2.0
Package  Size   631x431x261mm

Yes it can mine all coins. But those hash rates are just benchmarks. If you are thinking it can mine all 4 coins at the same time then no, you are mistaken. It can mine all coins but not at the same time. It will mine some less profitably than the other (because NVIDIA excels at mining certain coins while AMD excels at others). Basically but you will still have to select which one of those coins you will be specifically mining, by downloading a specific miner.

ETH = claymore's miner
ZCASH = EWBF's miner
XMR = XMR-STAK miner
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:10:06 AM

I/O   1 x mSATA 64G SSD
USB   2 x USB2.0
Package  Size   631x431x261mm

Yes it can mine all coins. But those hash rates are just benchmarks. If you are thinking it can mine all 4 coins at the same time then no, you are mistaken. It can mine all coins but not at the same time. It will mine some less profitably than the other (because NVIDIA excels at mining certain coins while AMD excels at others). Basically but you will still have to select which one of those coins you will be specifically mining, by downloading a specific miner.

ETH = claymore's miner
ZCASH = EWBF's miner
XMR = XMR-STAK miner

Guys, mining those coins at the same time is possible, by running multiple instance and Using -di options of Claymore and EWBF's  --cuda_devices options, you could possibly specify each GPU's what coins to be mined and of course I don't recommend it personally, why the heck maintaining different kinds of pools, coins and miners in a single rig, why don't you just choose a single coins the most profitable to mine. Cheesy
hashrate, inc (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:00:04 AM

i asked prior to purchase and they told me it mined all 4 at once.  Now I’m hearing it might not be capable.  It is to be delivered in DEc.  i asked for a refund if it doesnt do what they said
Here’s the liknk:  https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/gpu-miners/gigawatt-alpha-100-psu-included-december-batch-2/
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:52:10 AM

i asked prior to purchase and they told me it mined all 4 at once.  Now I’m hearing it might not be capable.  It is to be delivered in DEc.  
What they told you was probably the same thing that leonix007 said in the previous post. Of course you can run multiple miners simultaneously and specify in each miner which cards it uses, so for example you could run cards 1-4 for Ethereum mining in claymore miner, and cards 5-8 for Zec miner with ewbf/dstm miner. You can even mine 8 different coins at a time by pointing each card at each of those coins. But you obviously can't mine 4 different coins with all 8 cards at the same time. I mean, you could try, but different miners will be fighting each other for a piece of gpu power and your hashrates will be very low on each of the coins.

It's common sense really to anyone who knows anything about mining at all, and if you don't understand these basic things then you needed to do (a lot) more research before ordering anything. Imagine you were buying a car and in the description it would say that it can drive forward (if you put the stick to "D" position) and it can drive backward (when put to "R" position). So you got super excited about how you can drive in both directions at the same time, and you decided to order one. But just to make sure you asked the seller "can it drive both forward and backward?", and seller answered "of course it can", obviously not realizing that the buyer (you) somehow got that super idiotic idea in his head that a car can actually drive in both directions simultaneously.

The sellers of that mining rig from your link couldn't probably even imagine that a buyer would think that (s)he can run 4 different miners on all 8 gpus at the same time. It's so ridiculous that something like this just doesn't come to mind.
hashrate, inc (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:51:17 AM

Thanks for all your replies.  I acknowledge that I made the purchase prior to your indicated amount of necessary research.  I don't think, however, the analogy of a car driving in "D" and "R" at the same time applies.  I think common sense is more in line with a customer asking that if you list a suggested hashrate for 4 different coins and you ask if it's mining all 4 at the same time, that it's more "common sense" to understand the customer is asking if the suggested hashrates are what is being acheived at the same time.  In this scenario, the company CEO talks about being able to make mining available to all people, not just the experts.  I'm not an expert in mining, and I'm also not completely green. I've mined much less with CPUs/GPUs...enough to be dangerous.  I have primarily been using ASICs (currently running 17 & achieving well above average returns).  The responsibility does land on my shoulders, and the consequence certainly has landed directly on my shoulders, but in this case, I don't think the company represented the facts well enough to support the sale.  If they don't refund the purchase & allow me to buy S9s, or some other equipment, then I hope the investment ends up working out ok....but I don't think it was fair.  Lesson learned.  Again, thanks for all the replies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: