Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I trade my Bitcoin Cash/Gold for Bitcoin/Altcoins?  (Read 338 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:59:55 PM

If you held btc earlier, you got bitcoin cash equivalent.  Then there is bitcoin gold.  And i also heard there is a bitcoin diamond and also there will be more forks later on.  I have not claimed my bitcoin cash nor bitcoin gold yet.   But those people who sold their bitcoin cash when they first got it would have sold it for at least 250 at the minimum with most sellers selling it at 300 or more.  I know there are ppl that sold it for 500+.  Now the price is even higher etc.

I had asked about selling my btc for altcoins and some people said that is good idea whereas most said it was bad idea because bitcoin will only go up.  But now the issue is if you sell any btc, you lose the value in the upcoming forks.  Because of this, i do not even want to sell any btc at the moment.

Does anyone know how many total forks will be there after bitcoin diamond?  I was surprised at bitcoin cash as this was the first fork.  Then when i heard about bitcoin gold... i thought wow thats like free money.  Then there is bitcoin diamond.  Will there be more forks upcoming and if so... when will these stop?  Because if there are always multiple forks, wouldn't you make decent money just holding the btc just for these forks?  I mean if you hold say 2 bitcoin... well you going to get a few hundred dollars each fork it seems?   Now imagine you had more.

However if this is the case, wouldn't it make sense to sell your bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold since holding it doesnt mean you get something else?  Thus actually selling it for bitcoin itself would be good idea because not only would you get btc... but you would be able to get more when the next fork comes?

So if i have bitcoin cash and gold, would you say its best to hold it?  Or sell it for bitcoin?  What about selling it for altcoins?  The reason i ask this is because there are lot of altcoins in the 10 dollar and under range but more specifically the under 5 dollar range where i want to get because my thought is it has more chance to 5x, 10x etc as oppose to bitcoin.  Obviously if you sell it, you want to sell it at the highest price with bitcoin cash and gold.  But in general... best thing to sell it for vs worst thing?  I would assume selling it for bitcoin is best choice?  Then it probably would be selling it for bitcoin and then get bank transfer so you have usd in your bank account?  Then the last would be altcoins since these are the most risky?  Because right now bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold are pretty high and im wondering if i should sell it for btc or btc to usd bank transfer or for altcoins.  Because there are lot of altcoins i want to buy... however i dont have enough money to do that right now.  If i cash out bitcoin cash and gold now, i could buy a good amount of altcoins that i wanted.

The altcoins that i want to buy are

waves
gamecredit
wings
shift
edgeless
funfair
bitbean
bitshares
xem
xlm

BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:03:15 PM

my advice, only bitcoin and bitcoin cash are good, alts are not good for long term.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:27:12 PM

I will trade bitcoin cash and gold for bitcoin at the next bitcoin dip as there are more bitcoin fork coming like bitcoin silver and super bitcoin next year. This will it will increase your base for more airdrop.
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:27:48 PM

It's a good question. You certainly have the chance to make more investing in alts because of higher percentage swings. That being said, it's very hard to pick a winner. It really depends on how much risk you're willing to take. Maybe do half in btc and half in some alts?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
truthstalker

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:31:12 PM

In my humble opinion Bitcoin cash/gold hasn't got the potential of Bitcoin. There's also very few alt coins out there which are going to be competing with Bitcoin in a few years time. I would cash out and either invest in a coin which you think is promising or convert it all to Bitcoin.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:31:04 PM

Okay well it seems most people don't think much about bitcoin gold so most likely i will trade that.  But the question is... to what?  Bitcoin or altcoins?  The other thing is bitcoln gold is not valued that high compared to bitcoin cash.

So are you guys suggesting just hold bitcoin cash?  The thing is the most foolish thing to do is sell bitcoin for altcoins right... mainly due to the owning bitcoin would mean you get more coins in the forks?

However my issue is i want to buy those altcoins i listed.  And i can only do that if i do sell my bitcoin cash and gold.  Then i could get those altcoins.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:17:57 AM

Some altcoins have a greater potential to double, triple and even quadruple in price in the future. It is a risk if you will go into alts but if you pick the right alt, you will have greater profits in the future.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:45:12 AM

But those people who sold their bitcoin cash when they first got it would have sold it for at least 250 at the minimum with most sellers selling it at 300 or more.

WRONG!
people who sold their bitcoin cash when they first got it, would have sold it for $550-$400 and those who sold it late would have sold it at $200.
then the price was pumped to $800-$900 and those who sold on top and bought back at $200 made a 4x profit.
then price fell down to $300 again before pumping to $2000 and those sold on top and bought back again would have made 6.6x profit.

that is how you succeed in this market not by holding on to random altcoins for your dear life and never letting go!

The altcoins that i want to buy are ...

the same is true about all these altcoins. you sell on top and buy back at the bottom not just buy randomly whenever you like and then hope it goes up some day.

Buying the dip...
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:57:46 PM

hey all.  im considering this right now.

Does anyone have opinion if this is good idea or not?  I originally wanted to trade my btc for waves but didn't.  But im not going to trade my btc for any altcoins because of how btc going now.  I also dont have that much money that i can buy so thats why im considering bitcoin cash and gold.  I mean bitcoin gold should probably be a sell?  But bitcoin cash... people say it might hit 3k.

However the thing is those coins i listed a lot of those are 5 dollars and under.  And i think these coins can certainly 3x, 5x, 10x etc. 

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:36:02 AM

Okay so assuming you get bitcoin.  Its basically do you think btc will go up x amount more or less than btc right?  Thus imagine a coin that is say 1 dollar and you think it would hit 10 dollar.  Then you should obviously convert the btc or some of it to that altcoin then right?

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:17:43 PM

Thoughts on this at the moment?  It seems like selling bitcoin gold would be good idea but bitcoin cash maybe not anymore?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: