Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC sent to wrong wallet  (Read 749 times)
zeflex (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:43:41 PM

Hi Folks,

Few days ago, I want to send btc to a wallet. I did a copy paste of a wrong wallet.

I presume I used this 'wrong' wallet in the past due to transactions history, but I am not able to remember if it's a wallet linked to a site (dice site or online wallet) , or if it's an electrum address or other software wallets (I am not able to remember which one I was using before Electrum, in the past).

Can you help me to have some details about it ?

The address I sent btc is : 14U3v66uuFzVzgaRrvhfcn5pSSxZwRbEff

I am the owner of 17rNw3u9sGBkkxdcK7rJNhAKyMZ5HouLyT, the latest address which sent btc to 14U3v66uuFzVzgaRrvhfcn5pSSxZwRbEff

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
legend018

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:18:29 AM

I do not believe there is a way to figure out the exact wallet used based on a public address.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:20:42 AM

That address may be related to a 999Dice.com wallet, see:

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/89c7b85afbcc29bb?from_address=14U3v66uuFzVzgaRrvhfcn5pSSxZwRbEff

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
zeflex (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:32:11 AM

No I contacted them and it's not.

Also, the wallet was not spent, so I presume it's really not them.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:27:34 AM

I guess the wallet address (14U3v66uuFzVzgaRrvhfcn5pSSxZwRbEff) is not related to any exchange/gambling sites/services base on walletexplorer.com
And the owner of this wallet is only a person since based on the block explorer his transaction was sent out to 999dice.com and poloniex.com. So should forget about this and move forward, serve this as a lesson, if possible make sure you double check and even tripled check the receiving address by looking the 5 character at the beginning and at the end.
zeflex (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:34:32 AM

make sure you double check and even tripled check the receiving address by looking the 5 character at the beginning and at the end.

You mean for futures transactions?
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:26:49 AM

I guess the wallet address (14U3v66uuFzVzgaRrvhfcn5pSSxZwRbEff) is not related to any exchange/gambling sites/services base on walletexplorer.com
And the owner of this wallet is only a person since based on the block explorer his transaction was sent out to 999dice.com and poloniex.com. So should forget about this and move forward, serve this as a lesson, if possible make sure you double check and even tripled check the receiving address by looking the 5 character at the beginning and at the end.
better thing to do and besides its your fault not double checking
The address you will be sending,and do you believe that if someones
Recieve the amount you've send and ask him to returns back he will
Do it?i doubt it man.so better let it be and be a lesson for the future 
transaction we all deserve for a mistake but if this things happen again
Thats another story
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:41:40 AM

I am the owner of 17rNw3u9sGBkkxdcK7rJNhAKyMZ5HouLyT, the latest address which sent btc to 14U3v66uuFzVzgaRrvhfcn5pSSxZwRbEff

Thanks.

that 14U3v66u address has received 4 deposits in Aug 2016,
can you check whether those senders are your addresses and try to remember what you were doing at that time?
I think that's the best you can do now... remembering what or who you were dealing with in august last year

zeflex (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:30:09 PM

@carlisle1 > I know it's my own fault... I assume it, I am simply asking some helps as I know there are people with strong knowledges on bitcointalk  Wink

@Thirdspace > Yep I did without success... I also looked into my google history up to that date and before... no clue about any wallets I was using or the sites I could spent btc at that time Sad
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:41:32 PM

Hi Folks,

Few days ago, I want to send btc to a wallet. I did a copy paste of a wrong wallet.

I presume I used this 'wrong' wallet in the past due to transactions history, but I am not able to remember if it's a wallet linked to a site (dice site or online wallet) , or if it's an electrum address or other software wallets (I am not able to remember which one I was using before Electrum, in the past).

Thanks.

If going to the bitcoin address you mentioned were you sent the bitcoins is mostly i think it is your old wallet address that may be which you were using it in 28-august -2016 time, as their are so many income and outgoing transaction and that also you have done it. So just remember back that which all bitcoin wallet you were using in august 2016 time. In that time only you have also used to deposit in 999dice.com site through this bitcoin address. So i think you have sent to your old wallet address only.

Just take a deep breath and just remember that what and all transaction you were doing in august 2016 period time. Then you will know that this bitcoin address will be through online web wallet or desktop wallet which ever you were using it that time period.

Hope this will help you in recovering your coins.
zeflex (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:48:37 PM

I tried without success... unable to retrieve which wallet I was using at that time...
melvintanweehong

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:24:17 AM

Hope to develop a smart contract to stop payments
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 12:33:41 AM

Hope to develop a smart contract to stop payments
What the heck are you talking about?  Please describe.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
aroweyen

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:59:29 AM

Any transaction issued with Bitcoin cannot be reversed, they can only be refunded by the person receiving the funds.

You may be able to contact the receiver of your bitcoin by googling the address or by sending a message to the address through the use of the OP_RETURN opcode.
It is possible the owner of private key that corresponds to that address (if there is one) will notice your message and decide to return your funds.

Best of luck!
Maxnetlabs

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 02:17:13 PM

Transaction in Blockchain is irreversible and it's one of the con of Blockchain technology. Bitcoin is developed under the blockchain technology so the transaction made by bitcoin is irreversible.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 03:29:02 PM

My mistake yesterday, I sent my Bitcoin to Bitcoin cash. I didn’t realize until it never posted.

I was withdrawing from Brittrex over to Polonienx. 

I’ve tried contacting both of them via support help, but no response.

Will they help, does anyone have advice or know how to fix this.

I had over $5000.00 in that account.

Why do they allow that to happen, when it’s not correct?

Why isn’t there an error message saying you can’t transfer unless it’s bitcoin to bitcoin?

You sent BTC from Bittrex to a BCH address at Poloniex, correct?

Contacting Bittrex is pointless, they cannot do anything to help you.

Your only hope is to contact Poloniex, explain the situation to them, and hope they eventually return the BTC to you.  If they do not return them to you then they are lost.

I would say something like:

I accidentally sent BTC to one of your BCH addresses.  The BCH address I sent BTC to is:   xxxxxxxx

When you get a chance please recover the BTC from the private key of your BCH address xxxxxxx and sent them back to me at my BTC address yyyyyyyyyy

And make sure that the address yyyyyyy you give them is a BTC address in one of your BTC wallets not a BCH address. 

You could use your (next) BTC address at Poloniex to make it easier for them.

dmadd

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:17:59 PM

Thank you, I will try. Fingers crossed..
zeflex (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:11:16 PM

My mistake yesterday, I sent my Bitcoin to Bitcoin cash. I didn’t realize until it never posted.

I was withdrawing from Brittrex over to Polonienx. 

I’ve tried contacting both of them via support help, but no response.

Will they help, does anyone have advice or know how to fix this.

I had over $5000.00 in that account.

Why do they allow that to happen, when it’s not correct?

Why isn’t there an error message saying you can’t transfer unless it’s bitcoin to bitcoin?

Man open your own topic !!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: