Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 11:22:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows GUI for Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner  (Read 500 times)
Kochi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:43:36 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 05:27:43 PM by Kochi

Hello everyone,

I'm mining ethereum for the past few months using Claymore's dual miner. Even though it's a great miner, I thought that a graphical user interface for creating the so important batch file (.bat) would make life much easier for users that are not so familiar with the command line and DOS environment in general. Also, many of the options that Claymore's miner provide and can benefit the mining process, might be overlooked if someone doesn't read through all of Claymore's use instructions, and I think many people don't do it.

So, without further thinking, I developed a small and simple Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the popular Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner (for current v10.5 version) using VB.NET, trying to help users easily create a proper bat file by simplifying the process.

Here is a screenshot of the GUI: https://pasteboard.co/GVEhgez.png

Some of the GUI features are:
  • Simple GUI, you can have a bat file ready and start mining in seconds
  • Options categorized in tabs for easier configuration
  • All modes from Claymore's miner supported, solo and pool mining
  • Save or reset configuration
  • Color coding of the input fields
  • Tooltips on every option of every available value
  • Minimum (and initial) resolution 640x480 for rigs that do not have monitor attached

There are a few things that while supported by Claymore's dual miner, they are not supported by the GUI but I will cover them in future versions. One of them, and the most important, is that you cannot set different values for every card individually on any option. Any value you set will be applied on every GPU on your system. Also, there are some options that default value is not provided by Claymore and also could not find them searching online, so I sort of guessed what they might be. In case someone knows, these options are -ttdcr, -ttli, -cvddc and -mvddc. Let me know.

The only requirement for this GUI to run is to just copy it in the same folder as Claymore's dual miner (EthDcrMiner64.exe).

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HUiKTc4pKkTe0naGGDdv61L5yRAOtCoD

Let me stress the fact that this GUI is FREE, OPEN and NO DEVFEE is applied in anyway. I didn't pack or obfuscate the binary so anyone with basic programming knowledge can go through the code with a decompiler and see that there is no malicious code. The only thing that this GUI does is create the bat file (CDMStart.bat) for Claymore's dual miner and runs it, much like what config generators do on several pool sites. That's it! To download Claymore's dual miner, go to Claymore's official topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

I am looking forward for feedback in any form. Bugs, suggestions, additions etc are all welcomed. My email is kochi.cdm@gmail.com if anyone wants to contact me through email.

Of course, if my GUI makes someone's life easier, I would really appreciate a small donation. Think about it... Smiley My ethereum wallet address is 0x768e36a6DEcd055C12588659dA526E37C7058c8E

Happy mining!
Evil_Jesus

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:11:32 PM

Hey Buddy

Did you get any further with is project?
Kochi (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:21:09 PM

Hi, thanx for the interest. Unfortunately, I got the compatibility as far as version 10.5 of Claymore's dual miner because I didn't get any feedback... Are you interested in a specific feature from the newer versions of claymore's miner? I haven't checked for a while but I see that, indeed, claymore added/changed some things since version 10.5. Let me know and I will try to implement your suggestions as soon as possible.

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: