Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:22:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding a Finanical Market  (Read 324 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:41:30 AM

Financial Market

In order for a financial market to exist there needs to be excess money, whether that be fiat cash like the United States Dollar (USD) or crypto currency like Bitcoin. In order for the price of Bitcoin to increase, someone needs to be willing to pay over the market value for the coin. On the other hand, the value of a Bitcoin is decreased when someone is willing to sell it for less than the market value which is just supply and demand 101. With this logic it is easy to figure out that if you sell it at the current market value the price will not increase nor decrease which from a financial standpoint is not good especially since you are paying an exchange fee likely. If the price does not increase or decrease you can’t make any money because there is no excess money to be made. So from an investor standpoint you want to buy a Bitcoin or any coin for that matter and sell it for more than you bought it for so that you can make a profit. Pretty obvious point I am trying to make right? So if you are making money on a coin, what does that tell you? It means that someone is losing money because they are selling it cheaper for you to buy and then someone is buying it higher for you to profit on. In order for you to buy at a low, someone needs to sell at a low thus making them lose money. We need suckers and losers in the market otherwise we can’t win. If you don’t have people losing their money, you can’t make extra money to put into your pocket. Some of you reading this might even be losers. It is the hard truth I am sorry, but it is true. That’s a painful thing to hear, “there is a chance you will be a loser” but it is something that you have to understand when you’re investing. This is why people will tell you not to invest money that you cannot afford to lose. One of the biggest problems and one of the main reasons people become losers, is that they act like a loser. They read the incising news stories “14 year old becomes a MILLIONAIRE investing in bitcoin” and they fly to their Coinbase accounts to make a transaction. However they don’t realize the amount of work you need to actually put in. The funny joke in the financial world is thinking that it is as easy as buying low and selling high. It is funny because that is what you are aiming to do, however it is not as easy as it sounds. If you want to make money you have to make better decisions and work harder than the “average” person. The average person can’t invest their own money for a variety of different reasons, and it doesn’t mean you are a dumb person. As per the last example, I will bring it up again and it is the fact that most of you reading this are “average” and will get burned investing in crypto currency. Don’t pretend to be smarter than you actually are, because you will get burned. That’s a very hard thing to get over, because as a human you want to think highly of yourselves and want to be the smartest in the room. However it is not always the case and I am by no means saying I am smarter than anyone reading this. I don’t want to be mistaken as saying “Don’t reach for the stars because you’re not smart and your average” what I am saying is, don’t let your emotions get in the way of your actual results. Always strive to get better and put in the work so that you can be successful. To make a lot of money in the market you not only have to be lucky, but you have to put in a lot of research and understand what you are researching. Have people purchased Bitcoin and became millionaires without keeping up to date? Yes of course, but I am speaking to the majority of people. If you want to make a lot of money from your investments you need to be up to date because the market changes every single day and new technologies come out that can affect your investment whether it is in crypto currency or traditional investments like stocks.

Thoughts on this?

Positivebetting
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:07:35 AM

Financial Market
Thoughts on this?

My thoughts are: Before I attempt to read that wall of text, I would like to know if it has a point.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
JTPhotography

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:09:14 AM

Like all the talking heads you are trying to apply conventional logic to something that is unconventional to the nth power. The price of BTC will fluctuate because people want to profit from it, but the rise is because it represents a shift that few have even begun to realize.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:10:32 AM

Financial Market
Thoughts on this?

My thoughts are: Before I attempt to read that wall of text, I would like to know if it has a point.

Invest 3 minutes of your time to read it. It is hard to actually give information about something as complex as a financial market without typing a entire wall of text. It is a very important topic, and if you dont want to read the entire thing you can get a small gist of it by reading the bold.

Like all the talking heads you are trying to apply conventional logic to something that is unconventional to the nth power. The price of BTC will fluctuate because people want to profit from it, but the rise is because it represents a shift that few have even begun to realize.

I am talking about it in simplest form. Of course there are other things that play a factor. You cant make money if people are not losing money.

Positivebetting
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:12:25 AM

I'm smarter than I'm am!  Cool

Like 2 months ago I bought altcoins and I didn't touch it since. Now I'm 150% up!!! http://www.coinparator.com/yKwJQH/ And it is still going up.

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 02:45:34 AM

I'm smarter than I'm am!  Cool

Like 2 months ago I bought altcoins and I didn't touch it since. Now I'm 150% up!!! http://www.coinparator.com/yKwJQH/ And it is still going up.

Not touching it doesnt make you smart. Like I said some people get lucky and they invest and then forget about the market and come back to see a huge return. The point is that for the majority of people you will want to invest and keep up with the market, and to actually understand evaluations and market transitions. Holding doesnt make you a good investor. A good investor buys and then continually reevaluates the market to prove their risk management and investment understanding.

I know a lot of people think "everyone is making money in crypto, so will I" and this is a dangerous thing to think.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:02:22 PM

Does anyone else have any more opinions about this? I would love to hear more.

Positivebetting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: