Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 06:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: "Bitcoin Cash" or "BCash", what's the appropriate name?
Bitcoin Cash - 2 (15.4%)
BCash - 11 (84.6%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should "Bitcoin Cash" be referred to as BCash on Bitcointalk?  (Read 201 times)
f32xT (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:00:39 AM

"Bitcoin Cash" is a fork of Bitcoin.

A minority in the Bitcoin world has begun a campaign that claims "Bitcoin Cash" to be the "real Bitcoin". This, however, is factually not true. For this reason I believe that supporters of Bitcoin should not support calling this fork "Bitcoin Cash". It has nothing to offer that existing altcoins such as Litecoins don't, therefore its choice of name is not only cheeky but malicious as it intentionally tries to confuse the public as to what "the real Bitcoin" is.

Here is Roger Ver's reaction to the name "BCash".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJT2CbfHTpo&t=43m0s

As members of the original Bitcoin forum we have a responsibility to put things right. Fellow Bitcointalk members, I ask you to refer to "Bitcoin Cash" as BCash. Theymos, I ask you to automatically replace all "Bitcoin Cash" references on Bitcointalk with "BCash" to put emphasis on the fact that this altcoin is indeed not Bitcoin.
prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:17:16 AM

Yeah, should be called BCash... imo
Particularly since their plans were exposed: BCash was created to kill and take over Bitcoin (lol). First step: steal the name. There's no reason any Bitcoiner should support these deceiving tactics, however, there are plenty reasons to be against this.

BTW thanks for posting the link to that vid, interesting interview
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: