Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:46:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you switch coins?  (Read 599 times)
davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:17:52 AM

How often do you guys switch coins?  I notice that on whattomine, Eth sometimes drops 3-4 slots.  Today, I notice that ETC is #1 profitable.

Is it worthwhile to switch to it while it's hot?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:40:06 AM

How often do you guys switch coins?  I notice that on whattomine, Eth sometimes drops 3-4 slots.  Today, I notice that ETC is #1 profitable.

Some mining pools automatically switch you to the most profitable coin.  Some people like sticking with a coin and never changing.  Switching coins depends on the miner.  Some pools automatically sell what you mine for BTC too, so it really depends on why you are mining. 

If you want a constant flow of income then the most profitable coin is the way to go, if you are speculating then sticking to a single coin is the way to go.  Speculators mine a coin in the hopes that its future value will go up.

Why are you mining?
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

well i mine on miningpoolhub and keep the coins untill their price rise then exchange within to eth or ltc.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:04:39 AM

Depends on the coin and the calculator. For example, by default whattomine shows the profits based on the last 24 hour avg difficulty, and not the current one (although you can switch to current of course). So what you see by default is not what you're gonna get when you start mining. And also some coins have fast confirmations and some don't, so by the time you've actually received your coins the exchange rate might've already gone down a lot. If you understand the coin you're switching to (the way its difficulty is adjusted and how fast the confirmations are) and see that you've still got some time to mine it — then switching is usually worthwhile. Blindly jumping to something from the top of the wtm spreadsheet, on the other hand, is a lottery which you may or may not win.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 03:48:22 AM

I did not regularly switch, I give most of my hash power to mine only 2 coins, and about the rest ~20% to mine by switching between 3-4 other coins depend on their difficulties after each 2 weeks.   
muhipul

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:40:10 AM

Iya biasanya mengganti coin dengan mata uang,akan tetapi kalau krus coin lagi turun saya tetap menyimpan coin saya menunggu coin lagi naik
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:41:32 AM

I watch for the  coins quite often and that' why I have to switch a couple times a day
because I do not mine one coin, I always have a pool of 2-3 coins that are popular at the moment. I choose one of them and start to mine it
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:53:01 AM

in the past when I still mining, I switch coins for once in a week and I will search the profitable coin before I switch. it is worth to switch to another coin because our chance to make a profit is not the same between each coin. I think besides switch coins, we have the option to merge the coin with another coin so we can have other coins too. but now, I don't know what is profitable coin because now I don't mining again.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 05:58:40 AM

I keep switching between new potential coins and profitable coins.
When I find some to have potential future and has low difficulty, I mine it for a long time (15 to 30 days) and after that I generally switch to something that can pay for my electricity and stick to it unless I found another promising coin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:31:01 AM

When coins are profitable, the difficulty is lower, block rewards, blocks time, the high exchange rate. Sometimes I never switch because i believe that is coin will high potential.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:35:43 PM

As others had said it depends on your mindset, if you want to just mine the most profitable stable coin like ETH or try mining a newer coin that could have greater returns in the long run.

I usually just keep an eye on whattomine to see current profitability but generally stick to a coin I believe has a strong future.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:43:23 PM

Yes. If it's hot I think it is going to be profitable.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:33:02 PM

Chasing profitability by coin hopping will just end up losing you money. Your best bet is to mine one of the big, stable coins (ZEC or ETH most likely as they are consistantly highly profitable). From there if you want to speculate on other coins you can convert to that coin and hodl it.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:41:20 PM

Chasing profitability by coin hopping will just end up losing you money. Your best bet is to mine one of the big, stable coins (ZEC or ETH most likely as they are consistantly highly profitable).
Well, statistically for the past few months there was pretty much always something more profitable than ZEC for nvidia cards. So "hopping" does pay off with that one. And for AMD cards ETN was more profitable than ETH for almost a month now, people that stayed with ETH and didn't switch just earned less money. I understand the logic behind the desire to stick to the stable coins, but I can't agree with the statement that "Chasing profitability by coin hopping will just end up losing you money".
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:21:57 PM

It is depend on the mining difficulty and hash rate needs to mine the concern coin choosing. As of now mining ethereum and monero are my choices in GPU mining. Then you may find the some mining pools automatically moved to profitable coin at that moment how it is moves in the market place.
If you connected with the minergate kind of software you can do stick with the multiple coins to mine. Cheap coins are easily mined with the less hash rate it can produced.
davemanet (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:41:21 PM

i see alot of people mine multiple coins, generally top ones. i guess that's a good idea, you can't go wrong with diversifying.
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:09:17 PM

Mining multiple coins would help stabilizing difficulty on a lot of coins if lots of people did it instead of piling up on the most profitable coin day-to-day.

Always doubt.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:15:07 PM

I have found myself bouncing around alot the last month. I started mining ZEC then bounced around alot between VTC and GRS.  Thought about FTC but never got around to pulling the trigger which was a big miss on my part.  I have found it hard to leave my miner alone for more than a few days before I switch to something else. I am trying to leave it on Zcash for the foreseeable future but also find myself thinking I should be mining a smaller coin that could spike in the next few weeks or months and stockpiling those.  I dont know how everyone stays on a single coin but I see the benefits.  I think my solution is I need another rig that I can bounce around with but dont see that happening anytime soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: