Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:04:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 580 Sapphire Pulse vs Nitro for Ethereum Mining  (Read 1895 times)
cpmcgrat (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:21:47 AM

Does anyone have experience mining with the Sapphire Pulse vs Nitro rx580? From my research it appears they have the same memory clock.

However, I see a lot of people recommending the nitro and nobody recommending the pulse, is there a quantitative reason for this?

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:10:12 AM

Nitro is bigger, the heatsink is better, not too long ago i see then on newegg with a diference of $10 on price, worth it.

The best Sapphire are the LE versions (the blue ones), they are the only RX 580 that came with the memorys at 2100 Mhz from factory, they OC really good and are the only ones i can make then work at core 830mv  1200/2200 Mhz
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:20:54 AM

However, I see a lot of people recommending the nitro and nobody recommending the pulse, is there a quantitative reason for this?
The only Nitro's advantage as I see it is the slightly larger cooler. So if you're going to push your card(s) then you might want Nitro for that extra little bit of cooling capacity. Other than that Pulse has everything that a mining card needs: double-bearing fans, the baseplate that is directly cooling the vram and memory chips, and even the backplate is contacting the pcb with some thermal pads. If you're undervolting your Polaris cards then the Pulse will probably work just fine for you. If the price difference is small, though, then go with Nitro.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:24:27 AM

I have Sapphire Pulse, Nitro+ and Nitro+ SE RX 580 cards. From a mining aspect, the Pulse cards are good for dual mining but run much hotter and don't overclock as well as the Nitro+. I wouldn't recommend getting the Pulse cards if the price difference is $25 or less. No dual Bios switch on the Pulse card either. I have the best results with the Nitro+ non SE RX 580 cards. Both the SE and non SE cards overclock well after a simple Polaris Bios Editor v1.62 'one click timing patch' Bios mod and run cool. The non SE cards are cheaper and I prefer them. The blue RX 580 SE cards also have annoying blue led fans that can't be turned off.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:27:39 AM

In my opinion, you should just get whichever card is cheaper. It will get ROI faster. The extra cooling or LED lights don't matter anyway. As long as you BIOS mod your cards and properly overclock and undervolt them, your temps should never rise above 65 degrees anyway. Been running my cards for more than a year now with no issues.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:37:55 AM

In my opinion, you should just get whichever card is cheaper. It will get ROI faster.
True. It's all up to the price difference really, if it's something trivial then I'd go with the more expensive card, but if the difference is noticeable then just get the cheapest. Although it also depends on where your mining rigs are — it's sometimes nice to have better coolers, just so that the cards are quieter: doesn't matter if they're somewhere far and you rarely see them, but does matter if you're around them a lot.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:41:49 AM

The only difference of the Nitro over Pulse is the out of the box boost clock of the GPU. 1366 MHz in the Pulse over the 1411 MHz boost clock of the Nitro+ with the same 2000 MHz in the memory. Additionally depending on what type of Nitro+ you have it will have a higher out of the box boost clock like Nitro+ Special edition that has a 1430 MHz boost clock and Nitro+ Limited edition that has 1450 MHz.

If you have those cards then it will be good for you since you don't need to overclock the Nitro+ to have an extra hash rate for mining. However because the scarcity of these cards right now because of the mining crazy suggest that the prices of these cards is still bloated even with the Black Friday and the Cyber Monday sale. I suggest the even with either cards as long as you can have it at a good price right now go and buy it since these cards are really goo right now for mining depending on the crypto.
wacko
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:46:53 AM

The only difference of the Nitro over Pulse is the out of the box boost clock of the GPU.
That's not true, the coolers are different, and that's way more important than any difference in clocks (since no one's using stock clocks with Polaris cards anyway).
dixa

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:22:09 AM

in my country this card have 100usd diffirance which one will be better? i will make  overclock
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:19:56 AM

I am the one that got the other way around and choose the Sapphire Pulse. I undervolt the cards with Hynix Memory and Bios mod them. MSI Afterburner settings are :

GPU CORE CLOCK: 1150
GPU MEMORY CLOCK: 2175

Hashrate for a card is 30.5 Mhash and I doubt the Nitro+ can go much higher than this, max I have seen is 31 Mhash. I have gonne with Sapphire Pulse because the power consumption is just a bit lower and in mining every little bit helps, running 95 watt while mining monero or 110 watt while mining ethereum only and 145 watt in dual mine.

Still the Nitro+ is considered to be the best version of the Sapphire cards.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
twofreckles

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:10:02 AM

I got both of those. Both running similar, but with added offset. Both running similar temperatures. Although new Nitro + have better cooling. Still I would go for a cheaper one.

warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:28:51 PM

GPU and memory the same on this cards, difference only in coolling system and design.
If you want to mine buy cheaper and downvolt gpu

pubix

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:40:38 PM

In EU there's a big difference in price, Pulse is much cheaper than Nitro.

Thats why I ordered 12x Pulse (building 2 rigs with 6 cards). Will report more when hardware arrives and rigs start hashing.
MonkeyShuttle

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

Hey guys,
Working on my first set up now.  I just bought the first pulse 570 gpu for price reasons and now adding another and notice that there are 8GB versions for $30 more.  Would you guys get those over the 4GB versions for $30?  If i bought a 580 now could they work in same rig?  Sorry for hijack brother.

Im an avionics guy not PC guy so any help is much appreciated. 
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:28:52 PM

Other than possibly having a better chance of coming with better memory, there is not much difference in hash rate between 4GB and 8GB cards of the same model. The main difference would be a better resale value in the future, though IMO it's not worth paying an extra $30 per card, especially on a mid-range card like Sapphire Pulse.
Souran

Activity: 59
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:59:22 AM

I am the one that got the other way around and choose the Sapphire Pulse. I undervolt the cards with Hynix Memory and Bios mod them. MSI Afterburner settings are :

Hashrate for a card is 30.5 Mhash and I doubt the Nitro+ can go much higher than this, max I have seen is 31 Mhash. I have gonne with Sapphire Pulse because the power consumption is just a bit lower and in mining every little bit helps, running 95 watt while mining monero or 110 watt while mining ethereum only and 145 watt in dual mine.

I really hope that wattage reading is from the wall.. cuz my 580 nitro+ SE cards dual mine 30.5eth/97lbry @ 105W in gpuz
andmine60

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:47:21 AM

I really hope that wattage reading is from the wall.. cuz my 580 nitro+ SE cards dual mine 30.5eth/97lbry @ 105W in gpuz

Hi all, I see you guys getting 30+ mh per card and I have having trouble getting those result, was hoping for some help to troubleshoot and get those better hashrates.  In my rig I have 7 Sapphire cards, 3 nitro+ and the other 4 are the pulse brand.  They are getting exactly the same hashrate and performance (to answer the OP's question) and were doing about 22mh stock on Claymore on Windows 10 with latest radeon driver.  I then flashed BIOS using the latest Polaris bios editor and now cards are all sitting at 26mh. After reading around I believe they should be slightly higher.  Was hoping for some knowledge on how to achieve this.  Any and all help appreciated!
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:05:11 AM

In my opinion, you should just get whichever card is cheaper. It will get ROI faster. The extra cooling or LED lights don't matter anyway. As long as you BIOS mod your cards and properly overclock and undervolt them, your temps should never rise above 65 degrees anyway. Been running my cards for more than a year now with no issues.

poor advise on the cooling, extra cooling DOES matter. considering we are putting these gpus to the max that we can push them extra cooling is always welcome. I would much rather have my gpus be able to run cooler with lower fan speeds than some cheap ass gpu that has poor cooling and is hard to deal with because of that

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:06:41 AM

Does anyone have experience mining with the Sapphire Pulse vs Nitro rx580? From my research it appears they have the same memory clock.

I haven't tried Nitro's but here are my pulses and I'm more than happy with them, they are stable at this hashrate and cool
andmine60

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:17:45 AM

I haven't tried Nitro's but here are my pulses and I'm more than happy with them, they are stable at this hashrate and cool
https://i.imgur.com/p3iGsqa.png

Nice!  How are you able to achieve this?  I've tried everything from switching drivers, switching OS's, flashing BIOS, and when I go to adjust gpu and memory clock in afterburner, trixx, or AMD's wattman it always lowers the hashrate.  What is the secret?  I can't get more than 26 out of each card no matter what I try..
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: