Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:09:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FOR SALE/DONATION] GekkoScience 2Pac USB stick FACTORY SECONDS  (Read 3702 times)
RealityRipple

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:31:31 PM

Received my order yesterday, fiddled with it all evening and ran it all night through a USB 3 power-compatible extension cord. Performs wonderfully at stock 100MHz, around the expected 10+ GH/s. Made about a thousand "cashatoshi" running it overnight. Today, I started messing around even more, pushed the frequency up and added a fan through my case.
https://realityripple.com/omnIMG/KqJYBPh.jpg
Just used a drive tray from the front with a spare fan lead and an old 80mm, testing the temp with an ir temp monitor, can't believe how quickly it cools... Went from around to 180° F when running at 140MHz+ to just over 100° at 175MHz. Happy there 'cause I'm getting a decent 20 GH/s from it. The case even closes nicely, as you can see.
https://realityripple.com/omnIMG/vpHPp9h.jpg https://realityripple.com/omnIMG/MdIitZh.jpg

It's very entertaining to mess around with, and I haven't even touched the voltage regulator. Gotta say, being on solar without a grid connection, this low-wattage toy is fantastic. It does stop responding now and then if you push it too hard, but it seems to be fairly resilient, especially for second-tier stock.

Very happy with my purchase; all the best regards to your friend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jogger1

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:00:31 AM

I would like to get some of these, PM sent. Thanks!
goose1072

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:36:35 AM

I received my order today, very easy to set up and hash away. Very happy with my purchase as well and Thank you sidehack for everything you do I truly appreciate it!
jogger1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:54:47 AM

Ok, just so i understand i believe these seconds have HW errors at stock speeds (pot at 2 oclock and 100mhz) but work with no errors at overclocked speeds like 200 to 250?
RealityRipple

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:27:33 AM

Ok, just so i understand i believe these seconds have HW errors at stock speeds (pot at 2 oclock and 100mhz) but work with no errors at overclocked speeds like 200 to 250?
The speed isn't the issue, it's the voltage. It just requires a little extra oomph to function as expected, but increasing the voltage does not inherently increase the speed on these little guys.
Flapmin

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:11:45 AM

I want to get ten but im trying to understand the baseline can you guestimate the hash power against stock would you say they are 70% 80% 50% efficient ? considering not only clock speed but hw error %?
zondasc1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:08:40 AM

As you can see I am registered as a newbie but at a closer look you can tell my account is quite old. I tend to lurk but not make comments I want to first start off saying that I commend the support for anyone and everyone in need this is a noble cause and I would like to support it. I am not traditionally interested in ASIC mining equipment because I deal strictly with GPU systems and the Folding at home project. I took particular interest in that project because I felt it offered something that I could do to help as many people as possible. With that being said I literally have no idea about the ASIC mining space other than they are used to effectively and efficiently solve SHA256 hashes. I would like to talk to you about getting a couple of these and getting some more support for Laura. If nothing else I get to tinker with new hardware and she can can get more funds for her recovery/expenses. I will PM you with details on an order I wish to make for second sticks thank you.
RealityRipple

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 11:14:34 AM

I want to get ten but im trying to understand the baseline can you guestimate the hash power against stock would you say they are 70% 80% 50% efficient ? considering not only clock speed but hw error %?
The only rejected hashes I get are due to ping response because of my internet connection; no hardware errors in the last three days here. No idea on higher-voltage, higher-frequency settings, but between 100-200 MHz, I'd say they're at least 90% against stock. Running ten of them, you should be able to get up over 200 GH/s without altering voltage on any of them, long as you cool 'em down a bit. The one little 80mm fan in my photos above is enough to keep the one I got at literal room temperature, cool enough to touch. Absolutely no idea what happens closer to their limits, though.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:29:38 PM

Stock sticks run about 1.26V, which for BM1384 puts it chip-level roughly 0.25J/GH

Seconds run between 1.3V and 1.4V, 0.26 to 0.34J/GH chip-level.

According to Bitmain's BM1384 efficiency charts, that's what can be expected. It's worse efficiency, but still reasonable. If it won't go stable at 1.4V or below, I won't sell it. Strip the chips and start over.

Also, everyone who's messaged in the last week and I haven't gotten back to you yet - we just finished the "Christmas rush" assembly last night about 7:15PM. Three months ago we pushed past 400 units per week for the first time. We shipped almost 2100 units in the last three weeks to get stock to resellers to ship before Christmas. Today I finally have some breathing room so I'll catch up with everyone.

Seconds orders to date nearly exhausted my seconds supply. They only appear when a stick fails to perform during stock testing, something I actually try to avoid; only about 5% of sticks fail and become seconds candidates, so now I have about 100 standing by to be tested as seconds. I expect about 70% of them to pass seconds testing. Gonna start on that today.

Seconds testing happens about once a month, when I have a free day available and enough candidates stacked up to make it worthwhile. Testing for these is actually more extensive than for stock sticks because I always start out the voltage in the lowest range and adjust upward after every failure. Some sticks get run through four times before they pass. Takes a full day to get a batch of 100 out, where with stock sticks we can test 400-500 in a good day.

That's the basis for the "limited supply" statement in the first post.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
bonsaihorn

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:57:39 PM

PM sent
cableiso

Activity: 244
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:37:05 PM

I also received my order and I'm very pleased!  Devices work great at a slight overvoltage, and it's a ton of fun to tune them and mess around.

Now I just need to get a logic analyzer on it to start learning a bit more!
RealityRipple

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 03:00:42 PM

Running into some zombification as of last night. Tweaking frequencies and the voltage dial to see what's up, but for now it seems happier at 150 MHz than 175. Also, it apparently doesn't like a voltage much higher than what it was set to originally, but I did get it to 200 MHz for a brief period. I think it also might no longer like the USB 3 extension cable I'd been using, but for that, I need to do some difficulty adjustment tests, since I'm not sure if it stopped mining or timed out finding shares in that instance.

Still, I'm impressed with the device's ability to recover. It's nice working with something that's volatile-memory-only again.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:29:55 AM

Even though the purchasing request instructions are given in big bold letters in the very first post, I'm still getting a lot of messages from people who ask how to purchase stuff. Often they're not even very clear about what they want.

Normally I'd ignore them outright because, while I like money, I really like not dealing with idiots. However, since this is for the good of someone I care about, I'll suspend that policy and give a response. However, since it's still my policy to be a cranky jerk to anyone who asks me to do his homework for him, the best you'll get is a dry response indicating you should acknowledge the clear instructions given in big bold letters in the very first post of the sales thread. After that you're on your own.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
MrWan

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:00:30 AM

Hello Sidehack!  Just emailed you on a request for a couple.  Thank you!!
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:45:07 PM

As of right now, I'm out of stock on seconds. It'll be a couple weeks before I have more.

If you've paid in the last couple days, your order will ship tomorrow.

Snaps70

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:11:11 AM

Please DM me with the information. I would love to help out also interested in you upcoming products.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:22:45 AM

Not really sure what you mean by that. There's no information to share that hasn't already been given.

kilwar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:55:13 AM

Received mine today. Quick shipping. Delivered on xmas eve! They're working well. Thanks!
cbjarscoobs

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:01:33 PM

Just received my order as well. Thank you!
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:52:29 AM

Pm'd you sidehack  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: