Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FOR SALE/DONATION] GekkoScience 2Pac USB stick FACTORY SECONDS  (Read 3704 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:24:23 PM

All y'all still asking for these need to take note of two things - the part in the first post which says SUPPLY IS LIMITED and the recent post by me saying they're out of stock for several weeks.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Yaboy

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:35:41 PM

All y'all still asking for these need to take note of two things - the part in the first post which says SUPPLY IS LIMITED and the recent post by me saying they're out of stock for several weeks.

Just curious, did you raise the necessary funds to help your friend?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:23:52 PM

Seriously? I literally just said I'm out of stock, have been for a week and will continue to be for several weeks.

Anyways the first post also says I don't ship to Europe.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Yaboy

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:44:25 PM

Seriously? I literally just said I'm out of stock, have been for a week and will continue to be for several weeks.

Anyways the first post also says I don't ship to Europe.

I think you posted to the wrong thread. I was confused as to the reason behind your anger at first haha.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:47:50 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 12:05:42 AM by sidehack

Naw, looks like the guy I was responding to deleted his post.

Anyways it wasn't anger so much as incredulity.

Yaboy

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:42:00 AM

Naw, looks like the guy I was responding to deleted his post.

Anyways it wasn't anger so much as incredulity.

With the questions I've seen you be asked in this thread, incredulity (and even a bit of anger) is justified.
lok8nusa

Activity: 254
Merit: 11

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:16:17 PM

As of right now, I'm out of stock on seconds. It'll be a couple weeks before I have more.

If you've paid in the last couple days, your order will ship tomorrow.

Sent you a PM. Interested in 2Pac Seconds (when you get more) and the pod.

Coining bits since 2017 
Kano Pool is the BEST BTC mining pool.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:28:19 PM

Okay. PM me again when I have announced stock of either of those things.

minerbobbert

Activity: 177
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:25:55 AM

Will you be announcing it on this thread? Or do we need to keep our eyes peeled on the forums at large for a new post?
Gfinn

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:24:37 PM

I need these as well - I am having my class explore cryptos, build RPi miner projects and monitor the efficiency of the miners and profitability of pool vs solo. The kids are really excited about this.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:38:56 PM

So I've got some more 2Pac seconds available. Not a final count right now, but I'll get more tested over the weekend.

BTC's boom has driven up the cost of ASICs to ridiculous levels. My general sales price has gone up, and the minimum selling price for seconds will go up the same amount. The new minimum is $32.

We're going to change things up a bit. I am employing Laura, the recipient of donated funds, to handle customer communication for small orders of things. We're still ironing out the kinks so gonna start off small, just 2Pac Seconds for now.

So instead of messaging or emailing me, you'll be contacting her - email address Laura at Gekkoscience dot com

Be polite, and don't forget to let her know the essentials:
0) that you specifically want 2Pac Seconds
1) desired quantity
2) expected payment amount
3) preferred payment method (BTC or PayPal)
4) shipping address

I'll update the first post with these changes as well.

Zillions

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:00:08 AM

Email sent.

Out of curiosity. Do you do anything with the dead sticks or ones that completely fail the first test?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

Not sure exactly what you mean by "fail the first test". Sticks that completely bomb out get tossed in a box to figure out later, sticks that don't run well enough to ship as stock get re-tested as seconds, and sticks that fail seconds testing get their chips stripped and replaced and run again.

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 01:54:34 PM

I've had this feeling that the pcb design is robust, so it is most likely the BM1384 failing if anything?

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:10:34 PM

Most likely. If the sticks pass my bench testing and move on to assembly and product testing, about the only way they fail later tests in ways unrelated to ASICs is if parts have been broken off the board. Getting to seconds testing is due to mediocre chips, failing seconds testing is due to very mediocre chips.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:54:57 AM

Bumpitty bump, got about 16 sticks now and another hundred to test. Last chance for a month or so.

OPORed

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:42:32 AM

Bumpitty bump, got about 16 sticks now and another hundred to test. Last chance for a month or so.

For sure interested in at least one. I emailed Laura, so I hope to hear back soon and help out her recovery!
lok8nusa

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:44:50 AM

PM sent, email sent yesterday.

Coining bits since 2017 
Zillions

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:41:43 AM

um Email sent no reply yet? do I need to bump the offer or something?
lok8nusa

Call 811 before you dig

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

Email from laura@gekkoscience in my inbox this morning.  Yuss!

Payment rendered, shipping info sent.

Good way to start the week.

Thanx to sidehack and Laura!

Coining bits since 2017 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: