Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP: LOST BTC ON LEDGER NANO S WALLET  (Read 837 times)
MikeypBT (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:49:26 AM

Hello All,

Admittingly, I am rather new to cryptocurrency and do not have much technical knowledge on the subject. I recently purchased a ledger nano s and began transferring some of my BTC to the wallet. The other day, curiosity got the best of me and I clicked "blockchains" under the "settings" tab. After doing so, it prompted me with the message asking "Which Bitcoin Change would you like to use". I then panicked, and unplugged my nano s. After plugging it back in, all of my BTC was gone, my balance was now 0.00. I then incorrectlty inputted my pin, thus prompting me to enter my 23 word passphrase to recover the existing wallet. After doing so, my account balance still read 0.00. How do I recover the funds from my wallet?

If anyone could help me recover my BTC I would be forever grateful, I can even send you a bit of the recovered BTC for your efforts.

Please help a struggling college student recover his precious BTC. Thank you!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Btcspot

Activity: 186
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:04:01 AM

Hi do you know what your wallet address is? If you do you can go to the website blockchain.info and look it up to see if you still have money. Try starting over or if your ledger asks you to type in your btc address you can check it. Maybe you could try recovery here https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005161545-How-to-start-with-Ledger-Nano-S-
Hope I can get reward.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 09:30:56 AM

First, resetting your nano wasn't necessary. The nano s just supports different types of addresses to store your coins on.
Now, that you have resettet your nano s with (hopefully) the right seed phrase, check which blockchain you are using at the moment at the top right corner.

You have to click on Settings -> Blockchain. Then choose Bitcoin (assuming you are talking about the original BTC bitcoin and not BCH bitcoin cash).
Now regarding wheter you used an address in legacy or in segwit format you have to click the corresponding button.
Do you remember how the address on your ledger you sent the funds to started? Probably with an 1 or 3?
If it started with an 1 you need to click on legacy, with a 3 on segwit.
You don't have to worry about your coins getting lost. You can 'switch' between these two formats without any problems.

bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

I just want to ask if you use your ledger to send already with the chrome app. When you connect your ledger, what did you choose between this two, If you don't know better to choose the "I DON'T KNOW".

Choosing between the legacy and segwit (I might guess) that you will give you different set of address with your ledger, and BTW the phrase composes of 24 words, not 23. If you have the correct set of seed on your recovery phrase I'm sure you will recover your coins on your ledger else your coins are lost forever.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: