Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:55:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-06-30 Decentralized Hashing - Butterfly Labs: 500 GH on order now!  (Read 1075 times)
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 03:50:41 AM

Butterfly Labs: 500 GH on order now!
http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/06/butterfly-labs-500-gh-on-order-now/

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:14:07 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 01:19:36 PM by aigeezer

Smear piece against BFL. Nothing new here. It's harsh, but no obvious falsehood that I can see. If you read the BFL troll threads you've seen this all before.

"Looks like what we really need is some competition.  No company would act like this if they felt threatened.  Avalon, you gonna ship?  KnCMiner?  Lets see some action."

Hehe - it's really weird reading this as I appear to be a whisker away from actually having my BFL order shipped - no more than two weeks now, I bet, for my July 7, 2012 order.      Smiley

It is what it is. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Edit: just noticed this piece appears to be in OP's own blog and he's cross-posted the same piece here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=247473.0

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 03:05:29 PM

Smear peice?  That's fine.  I was thinking more of education.  New people see the Butterfly Labs page and hit that preorder button without knowing what is going on.  It's quite likely that the best you'll do at this point is break even. 
If you have a preorder from a long time ago then this article is not about you.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 11:19:18 PM

Smear peice?  That's fine.  I was thinking more of education.  New people see the Butterfly Labs page and hit that preorder button without knowing what is going on.  It's quite likely that the best you'll do at this point is break even. 
If you have a preorder from a long time ago then this article is not about you.

Are you implying it's about me who's getting ready to order one?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 08:41:01 PM

Smiley  Not necessarily.  If you're about to order I trust you've done your research. 

I am going to have a much more balanced approach to this soon so people can make their own decision and have all the information available instead of just asking to trust me.  (On my table I mean) 

kjlimo, what is your estimate on the lead time for a new BFL order?  Their site says it might take up to 2 months or more.  This is as vague as it could possibly be, and I haven't seen anything more clear.  I would love to be pointed in the right direction though.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:03:18 AM

Smiley  Not necessarily.  If you're about to order I trust you've done your research. 

I am going to have a much more balanced approach to this soon so people can make their own decision and have all the information available instead of just asking to trust me.  (On my table I mean) 

kjlimo, what is your estimate on the lead time for a new BFL order?  Their site says it might take up to 2 months or more.  This is as vague as it could possibly be, and I haven't seen anything more clear.  I would love to be pointed in the right direction though.

I'm hoping for by the end of the year.  Possibly by November.

Hopefully, I can pull together the resources to pull the trigger on ordering within the month.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 05:38:35 PM

I'm hoping for by the end of the year.  Possibly by November.

Hopefully, I can pull together the resources to pull the trigger on ordering within the month.
Ok, the rise has to be 11% to break even a year from November on a 50GH.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: