Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:58:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BLOKFORGE- Official Canaan Distributor  (Read 345 times)
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:43:03 AM

So I made a purchase through them, and figured I would document it.

I found them when they were announced on the Canaan page as an official distributor. They also double as a reseller of Bitmain products, and their current pricing reflects that they were a reseller of Canaan products. I don't know what their pricing will be moving forward if it will be dictated from Canaan or not; only time will tell.

The website was easy to navigate, but can be a little misleading for non US residents such as myself. The payment options were different, outside the US you don't have the option of Paypal, only USD wire transfer or BTC.
Also you do not get to put in a different billing and shipping address at the moment, which can ad to your costs if you are planning on using a hosting facility. A nice bonus is that they will bill you for the shipping and send it out direct, you will get hit with your customs/duty and taxes as it comes into your country, which is to be expected.

I found their customer service to be great, when I purchased I selected Wire transfer because I didn't want to lose the stock, and over the weekend communicated with them that I wanted to pay BTC. They made the arrangements, and shipped out the package that Monday. I also know they caught wind of the faulty AUC converters and have been testing the ones they receive to make sure they send out working units.

All in all it was a good experience, and the aftercare was nice, because Fedex must have Punted my box, the casing came damaged and after confirming the
Miner worked, I sent them pictures and they were receptive and just asked I keep them in the loop should I notice anything.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
AlphaInterceptor

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

Well, the prices for Bitmain are not competitive at all.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
jbillk

Activity: 71
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:33:59 PM

I got all my Avalons from blokforge through amazon. It was good to have Amazon broker the deal for piece of mind. Great shipping speed (same day) and customer support.
Just ordered an S9 from them, see how that goes...
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:11:44 AM

I was browsing the website and noticed that they have started a Forum described as an Avalon Miner community. This might be another helpful place to look in the future if you have issues or are looking to help people.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀