Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:51:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Years Ago - Find Old Bitcoin  (Read 246 times)
angelsea (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:01:05 AM

Hey everyone,

I have a memory of getting a single free Bitcoin YEARS ago as a promotional thing for opening an account.

Does anyone remember anything of this nature, likely dating back to the very early years, maybe 2009/2010'ish?

Any idea as to whether it would still be available and how to access it?

Any insight appreciated Smiley
CircularLoGic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 05:04:11 AM

Hey everyone,

I have a memory of getting a single free Bitcoin YEARS ago as a promotional thing for opening an account.

Does anyone remember anything of this nature, likely dating back to the very early years, maybe 2009/2010'ish?

While I wasn't aware of bitcoin back at that time, you must provide us with some kind of keyword to find such
a promotion, something about  the promo, site or person because I just tried many keywords on google but haven't find
something that older and the newest promos of " Get 1 bitcoin free " are scam pages.

angelsea (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:22:35 AM

Yeah, I know. I searched too.

I went in search of the "original bitcoin site" etc. I mean it was EARLY on.

I just remember signing up and having my 1 bitcoin lol, but it's not a joke now  Cheesy

I've searched my emails, including an old Yahoo account. I've had several computers since.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:25:28 AM

it is hard to recover I'm afraid with so little details you have given us
so if you have access to that system or site and its still alive, so it might be that btc still on account
but, honestly, i  would not be so optimistic.
RosemaryNarrative

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

Narrative is the new Content Economy

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

You might try using the Waybackmachine: http://web.archive.org/
It could help you at least track down the original website, which might have some contact info or something useful on it. Good luck!

Ivor Biggun

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:59:21 PM

I don't think any sites that stored bitcoin in 2009/2010'ish are still online.

MtGox was one of the first exchanges. It opened in 2010 and closed in 2014. This is it's announcement thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=444.0

No earlier exchange still exists and it's too late to file a claim in the ongoing court action against MtGox.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:43:20 PM

it is hard to recover I'm afraid with so little details you have given us
so if you have access to that system or site and its still alive, so it might be that btc still on account
but, honestly, i  would not be so optimistic.

This, i would not be optimistic also, because now, when this company is still alive, and gave 1 BTC To user accounts, it deleted old accounts for sure, because then 1 BTC could be $5 but now its $9500, they would go bakrupt quick.
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:37:40 PM

In the early years of Bitcoin development there were many sites that distributed 1 BTC with registration or even for captcha typing, but they all died long ago.
I once saw a faucet that gave 5BTC a day !!!  Grin Grin
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:32:01 PM

Hey everyone,

If you didn't transfer it to some kind of wallet (online or offline), then don't get your hope too high, Many early BTC website closed, or changed their ratio since then, so even if you manage to find I think your claim will result in a few satoshis at best.

Keep looking since the prize is worth the effort, but just keep in mind that there is a good chance you won't get paid sadly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: