Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: etc hardfork  (Read 3107 times)
wwcwaii (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:42:32 AM

is etc going to have hard fork soon ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elutzen

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:59:01 AM

Gpu miners don't have as much loyalty as asic miners. It is much easier for gpu miners to just switch to another pool. I do not see there being a successful hard fork for that reason.
Navigo

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:27:53 PM

As far as i know, there will not be a softfork or hardfork in near future. I think all this hardfork discussion is getting out of control. We will soon see hardforks after hardforks on single chains. Where are we heading? Split ETC, and do it again and again...? The market will soon start considering fork coins as scams.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
..E R N..
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
.TOKEN SALE.
.AIRDROP.
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
.▬▬GET IN TOUCH▬▬.
.TELEGRAM   FACEBOOK   TWITTER.
..▬▬YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM▬▬..
Imfinnabeon

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:10:29 PM

As far as I understand it ETC is going to have an upgrade to their monetary policy but by no means is this a hard fork. It is an upgrade called ECIP1017. I will post an excerpt directly from their website basically it reduces rewards for blocks.

What is ECIP 1017?

The Ethereum Classic community has grown substantially since its inception in July of 2016. In order to further Ethereum Classic’s vision, the community needs to adopt a monetary policy that balances the long-term interests of investors, developers, and business operators.

The new monetary policy sets a limit for the total ETC issuance. The block reward will be reduced by 20% at block number 5,000,000, and another 20% every 5,000,000 blocks thereafter. Uncle block rewards will also be reduced. Due to variations in the reward rate of ETC, we anticipate the total supply to be approximately 210 million ETC, not to exceed 230 million ETC.

Should be good for ETC moving forward  Smiley

Opnsrc

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:27:32 PM

Yes it was already announced that there will be an Ethereum Classic fork in December. I believe that the coin will grow well in price by this time.
But holders will not receive new coins. It is just security fork.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:43:57 PM

ETC is already a fork. But yeah there will be a fork that is already announced officially by etc crew. It will be around 12th december. I hope the price will raise hard after hardfork. Because etc has so many investors waiting for a nice jump.

turn the page
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:52:15 PM

Gpu miners don't have as much loyalty as asic miners. It is much easier for gpu miners to just switch to another pool. I do not see there being a successful hard fork for that reason.
That is a good point that you have made there. I was just going to get my first rig and get into mining of etherium classic. Any advise if its still safe to go ahead with this idea or I should consider buying etc and holding it vs mining it?

Riddikulo

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:42:59 PM

es you are right. Ethereum Classic will have its hardfork this December. The upcoming event will sure affect the price of this altcoin. It will start growing. So it is the time to buy it! This is my opinion.
godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:01:20 PM

es you are right. Ethereum Classic will have its hardfork this December. The upcoming event will sure affect the price of this altcoin. It will start growing. So it is the time to buy it! This is my opinion.

Dude no it is not a hardfork people gotta stop saying this. It is a change in policy which is upgrading how they function with blocks. A hardfork implies that I would get more coins of something called Ethereum Classic Classic or Ethereum Classic Plus. No new coin is going to be made on Dec 12th I am like 99% sure of this. If you have proof otherwise please post it here that would be enlightening to me, thank ya.

USScrypto

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:30:51 PM

Yes, it's true ETC will have fork with 12 december and ETC is going to stop mining new etc coins so I think this going to make higher price than now in next days..
saidlik

Activity: 84

Czech altcoin newbie

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:34:02 PM

Interesting News somehow i trust more in etc than eth

Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:35:30 PM

Meh ETC is a scam right"??
mR.k0fka

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:40:30 PM

Meh ETC is a scam right"??

checkout the etcsummit https://etcsummit.com/resources/ or in youtube write etcsummit 2017
etcsummit had 2 days of presentations of etc developers and marketing

they will release their virtual machine and their 2 official wallets soon

91pool purchased a building in shanghai to serve ETC on their needs

if you still think that etc is a scam after that, its your problem Cheesy
they are heading to IOT industry more than making ICO's and stuff ..
CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:43:36 PM

More hard forks? I cant keep up with them all. Seems like everyday is a hard fork day. 99% of these forks prove to be scams and or pump and dumps. I will keep my eyes on this thread
mR.k0fka

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:46:47 PM

More hard forks? I cant keep up with them all. Seems like everyday is a hard fork day. 99% of these forks prove to be scams and or pump and dumps. I will keep my eyes on this thread

its not a hard fork, just changing the code of the existing one
This December Ethereum Classic will switch to a new monetary policy, which comes under ECIP-1017.

https://www.etcdevteam.com/blog/articles/testing-ecip1017.html

here fast explanation
http://ecip1017.com/
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:46:58 PM

You see, probably now has gone the trend for the creation of forks, and now everyone has gone this way

mR.k0fka

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:48:21 PM

You see, probably now has gone the trend for the creation of forks, and now everyone has gone this way

they are not creating a new coin, just changing the code of the existing one  http://ecip1017.com/
saidlik

Activity: 84

Czech altcoin newbie

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:49:55 PM

It is not hardfork just very important update which is going to increase the price od etc  Smiley Smiley

cryptogirls85

Activity: 169

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:51:19 PM

So does this mean that the price will go up more than it already has?
Should I switch my eth and some btc to them?

mR.k0fka

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:53:31 PM

the price of ETC will go up anyway because they are doing great job lately and finishing their wallets , virtual machine and making interesting projects...

but people say that it will affect the coin positively
http://ecip1017.com/ its the new era... not hardfork
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:58:23 PM

Well... the reason I`m asking is because I missed out on it once... when it was below 10$, I almost got some then and at the last minute decided not to. Very smart of me, right?  Grin

mR.k0fka

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:23:15 PM

Well... the reason I`m asking is because I missed out on it once... when it was below 10$, I almost got some then and at the last minute decided not to. Very smart of me, right?  Grin

it happens to all of us Cheesy this project went under my radar for a long time

when you believe in a project like this you can still buy and hold some... it has big interest now around the world
topesis

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:43:37 PM

I don't think the future is that bright for this project, they are not seen as the main competitor to Ethereum again because we now have so many good projects in the space and have better vision of how to get adoption, no one is using the platform for ICO
mR.k0fka

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:51:57 PM

I don't think the future is that bright for this project, they are not seen as the main competitor to Ethereum again because we now have so many good projects in the space and have better vision of how to get adoption, no one is using the platform for ICO

The platform is not even fully operating yet.. thats why there are not project and/or ICO's...
SilverVigilante

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:24:13 PM

The forcings of the Ethereum Classic do not make any sense to me. Because Ethereum Classic is expected to increase its price for a very long time, but it will not provide fork.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:32:46 PM

I hold etc quite some time ago. I bought for $ 9, and I'll keep it until the hardcore. I think these changes will benefit the coin and it will continue its growth.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:57:35 PM

The forcings of the Ethereum Classic do not make any sense to me. Because Ethereum Classic is expected to increase its price for a very long time, but it will not provide fork.
ETC very manipulable. Any rumors can p/d his price. I wait when ETC not will see on Eth. And can live yourself. I'd like ETC concept of immutability and hope future hard fork is first step to independence.
VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:59:46 PM

thats the idea of the "hardfork":

A New Era is Coming! $ETC Monetary Policy - Only 8 Days Away! - http://ECIP1017.com    No Disruptive "Halvings" + Sustainable Token Emission + Monetization via Scarcity = Optimal Total Investment #ETCInvest #ETCisComing - Check the Clock⏱️ http://ECIP1017.com

i dont even think that we can technically call it a hardfork
MegoBasha

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:05:00 PM

Hi
what is ETC official wallet that support the fork, pleas?
is jaxx good for that ?
many thanks
moo3maad2

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:05:16 PM

hello
i am still asking if it will be a hardfork or soft for ETC these days as stipuled initially
thank you
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:52:14 PM

Ethereum Classic has a theoretically unlimited number of tokens, of which about 13 million are created every year. However, this should change in December, as Ethereum Classic implements a new policy of limiting the supply of tokens. The goal is to make the asset more valuable

tharindukw96

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:01:51 PM

software under the name Metropolis. Accordingly, the upgrade has now been split into two parts named Byzantium and Constantinople.Byzantium. This upgrade includes fixing various scalability issues: the problem of difficulty adjustments ‘returndata’ operations‘ static call’ operations new precompiles a difficulty delay feature These are small tech things which won’t be obvious to non-developers. To be more exact, it will solve smart contract issues like re-entrance attack (when untrusted code enters a contract to manipulate it), return data in receipts will make it possible for light clients to determine if a transaction was successful or not with no need of actually executing the transaction in a virtual machine.

The main aspect of the upgrade is a reduction in Ethereum issuance to miners through block mining rewards from the current 5 ETH to 3 ETH. As well it will delay the increase in mining difficulty which was placed there for the Proof of Stake (PoS) upgrade. PoS is delayed, so to keep issuance around the same level as it should have been.
MegoBasha

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

I hold etc quite some time ago. I bought for $ 9, and I'll keep it until the hardcore. I think these changes will benefit the coin and it will continue its growth.

what is the best wallet to store etc for a year please?

thanks,
Mego
derzsia

Activity: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:07:44 PM

Have to withdraw ETc to some waalet, or is ok on exhange?
we will get ECIP-1017?
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:26:34 PM

Have to withdraw ETc to some waalet, or is ok on exhange?
we will get ECIP-1017?

I’m wondering the same thing.  Is Bittrex going to support the new version?  Couldn’t find any info.
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:37:51 AM

the price of ETC will go up anyway because they are doing great job lately and finishing their wallets , virtual machine and making interesting projects...

but people say that it will affect the coin positively
http://ecip1017.com/ its the new era... not hardfork

Yes, I know it. I have been waiting for ETC hardfork and bought already more ETC . Definitely, this cryptocurrency will gain very soon, and I wish to get as much profit as I can.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:40:32 AM

I wonder if etc will ever catch up on ethereum! I think all fork coin are damn! We really don't know the best case uses of all these fork coin except that they are rebelling and working hard to bring down the coin that they fork out from!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Cryptoupp

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:19:42 PM

The platform is not even fully operating yet.. thats why there are not project and/or ICO's...

Why the platform is still not operating yet? ETH fork of ETC, same developing time... and... ETH has a working platform with plenty ICO's.

I can not understand why is taking sooooo long for ETC to have a usable platform..

Please, can anyone, explain the reasons...

oviudiu

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:24:52 PM

Ethereum Clasic is dead to me. All these altcoins make huge progress while ETC stands there and does nothing, it barely brings any profits.
Paco Sanz

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:17:37 PM

Somebody knows in wich wallet i will recive calisto? Smiley
paeackk

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:42:22 PM

The famous e-Chat project conduct voting - to be Ethereum fork or not to be. Now the majority of users vote for fork. Maybe, it will be the biggest Ether fork ever
fraenky

Activity: 280
Merit: 21

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:53:51 PM

Anybody knows when the fork/airdrop of ethereum classic will be? And how to do, just keep them in a wallet?
I anyway hold some etc, so i would like to get some of that free coins too

overnight54

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:04:37 AM

ETC is already a fork. But yeah there will be a fork that is already announced officially by etc crew. It will be around 12th december. I hope the price will raise hard after hardfork. Because etc has so many investors waiting for a nice jump.
 Smiley
MegoBasha

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:19:17 AM

Smiley
the ETC/calisto fork is around 5 Mars

thanks
Mego
fraenky

Activity: 280
Merit: 21

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:02:50 PM

Smiley
the ETC/calisto fork is around 5 Mars

thanks
Mego

So in about one month, thank you for the information
Then i will wait for more official announcement from the team
And that etc already is a fork should make sense for everybody if you just look at the name  Grin

yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:44:53 PM

Smiley

I have found already the information about this fork of Ethereum Classic. It is going to happen in a month, on March, 5. Please, read more about it:
http://2coin.info/ethereum-classic-etc-callisto-hard-fork-on-5th-march/
RYXES

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:59:53 PM

Smiley

I have found already the information about this fork of Ethereum Classic. It is going to happen in a month, on March, 5. Please, read more about it:
http://2coin.info/ethereum-classic-etc-callisto-hard-fork-on-5th-march/

I'm skeptical but eager for a change.

Merit me or don't.
dr1980m

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:17:42 AM

It dropped down to 0,0037 but it seems like it found its base there, unfortunately the rise of NXT will not be seen but within the current state of market; ETC rises when non-faller token is deemed as blessing. But I don’t trust in ETC, it reaches to a certain point and then there is no rise and no fall, there are only small rises and falls, of course, if BTC does not drop down spontaneously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: