Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:25:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to identify scam coin  (Read 978 times)
Yooshijin

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

Powering Real Economy in the gaming world

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:33:11 AM

dear friends im a newbie did lots of air drops and received lots of coins.some are telling those coins are scam.
eg-piggy,ohni
how can i identify whether they are scam or not?
The majority of the scam coin will be running by the unknown developers or those are try to hiding their real information. But you can try to a lot of research about the developer's history. Ask the community feedback about. the more people mean the more information for you. That's why community is really important.

That is right. The identity of the developers are not real or just a copy-cat on other token's website. So it is very important to have a deep research about a certain coin and their developers. You should also check their website and their whitepaper. Because in there you can analyze if there is something suspicious about the details they put on it. And lastly, the opinion of other people. Do not forget to take that also.

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:49:43 AM

dear friends im a newbie did lots of air drops and received lots of coins.some are telling those coins are scam.
eg-piggy,ohni
how can i identify whether they are scam or not?

If it's too good to true then it probably is. Remember that.

If it is asking for your investment then always always check and do your own research and determine whether or not it's a good investment to make, whether or not their promises are actually fulfillable or just marketing strategies.

Airdropped coins should also be treated with caution. They will probably turn out to be nothing at all.

junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:51:31 AM

A coin scam for is when the coin has no good existing product,developers has no successful projects,investors are not interested with it.

ajibut

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:01:01 AM

i still have not thighs too about that but as i am now many coin airdrop which is rumored to scam to see project will not scam me still in search for more info.
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:09:19 AM

You cant really determine a scam coin but there are ways to be aware of, be vigilant in what is happening never be caught by the promising words from the developer. Research about the project and who are behind it, some projects put their developers and admin name on it which is good. It will help you know who they are. make questions before investing its your money to spend not theirs.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:15:52 AM

If the devs are devious and won't divulge any information relating to them, no clear roadmap, ask money (ex. to prevent abuse etc.) and has no clear goal. Before joining an ICO project, check the history of the devs and ask around.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
iblistenan

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:16:06 AM

meh not that hard to identify coin as a scam or not, if they not have good team=scam, unclear roadmap=scam, fake identity=scam, fresh new account that ask money for fee=scam
and almost all airdrop worthless (some of them gold though)
aliba

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:17:01 AM

for now there is still no very lucrative project in bounty airdrop. and this I feel myself have 10 kinds of airdrop coin that I can but everything is rotten.
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:28:51 AM

If the campaign must have a long time or either no news on that, you consider that campaign are scam when the coin didnt gave to you in the time that they are said only if no anything that they explained something problem.
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:29:49 AM

i think there are so many ico nowadays making us harder to distinguish which one is scam, so we should do research carefully to protect ourself first, make research about their whitepaper, roadmap, and their advisors, if these things is not cleary or fake, then that is scam, or you must check for interactions between investors and their advisors, they sometimes dont have clearly answers for our question and check the review websites.

TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:59:28 PM

developers, consultants, the road map is going according to plan, what is the idea of the coin

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Fizpok

Activity: 344

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:08:56 PM

you can identify a coin as a scam if the dev not have clear roadmap, he hide his personal information, new social media account and he ask money for airdrop( some of them claim for prevent abuse). but if you got it from airdrop is fine i guess, you get it for free though

Isn't being anonimous part of the reason crypto is so popular?

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
Fizpok

Activity: 344

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:09:50 PM

One SURE way is to understand what are they offering. Is it realistic or not. If you do not have a clear view of what it is - do not invest in it.

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:11:13 PM

The most scam coins don't have a real dev team (yes I know Satoshi is also unknown, but this is a exception). They want to be anonymous.
cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:12:47 PM

The link below will refer you to an article I read today about Scams, and why we can't ignore these accusations..

https://www.coindesk.com/crying-wolf-cant-ignore-crypto-scam-accusations/

So many scams around but you must be cautious, so do research before investing.
elektrohell06

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:16:40 PM

sorry bro for now is still a lot of scam coin so i suggest not to search for more info about it, try reading the project structure it is my suggestion.
JanEmil

Activity: 2282
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:29:01 PM

Spread your investment. Don't put all in one project.

Don't matter if you hit a scam sometime. If most projects are + ROI.

If the coin don't have a plan to add value to coin I skip it.

I look at Twitter. If the big players in crypto recommend I send ETH.

I have + ROI for following Vitalik etc

If you play safe wait til after ICO. See how it develops. Buy if good.

mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:39:53 PM

It is not easy to identify a scam coin. There are new coins that uses name almost identical to a listed coin in the market. Others have alluring websites. Remember scammers are geniouses that knows how to market their idea so well. As for me, I look into the trade market if they are pre-listed and research on the people behind the initial coin offering.
Turkiwi

Activity: 117

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

it's not usually that straight forward, it's actually quite hard to identify a real ICO from a fake or scammed one because most of the promoters are putting a lot of effort in making it look legit, and to the untrained eye, investor and trader that won't be visible. They are basically offering a whitepaper, a business model, a legit website but are not serious for the long-term, it's hard to identify these kind of things which is why you have to come in direct contact with the founders and core team. Try to join their communication channel (telegram for example or slack) and start making tough questions, push them to the limits to see whether they indeed have figured everything out and do our own due dilligence before you invest in any of them.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:51:13 PM

I think the most important thing when investing in ICO is team and its background.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: