Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to identify scam coin  (Read 985 times)
tutchpa (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

CV proof..best project 2018

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:01:49 AM

dear friends im a newbie did lots of air drops and received lots of coins.some are telling those coins are scam.
eg-piggy,ohni
how can i identify whether they are scam or not?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS   ◆   [Join ICO Now]   ◆   Whitepaper / ANN Thread   ◆   TFSTL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:14:09 AM

There is no fullproof method to identify scam coin. But some points indicates that coin may be scan. Coin have any project or not, white paper details, following roadmap or not etc.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:20:45 AM

dear friends im a newbie did lots of air drops and received lots of coins.some are telling those coins are scam.
eg-piggy,ohni
The majority of the scam coin will be running by the unknown developers or those are try to hiding their real information. But you can try to a lot of research about the developer's history. Ask the community feedback about. the more people mean the more information for you. That's why community is really important.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:30:00 AM

There is no fullproof method to identify scam coin. But some points indicates that coin may be scan. Coin have any project or not, white paper details, following roadmap or not etc.
its true even a scam ico could have a nice whitepaper detais a good organized roadmap. but there is always something fishy about it if it is a scam.
maybe throw some question to the dev through thread and other group

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:31:09 AM

You stay away from projects that don't answer every question from the community, disappear for periods of time, or don't have good reasons as to why they believe in their project or have an explanation as to what is going on with the funds that were given out at the beginning. Any shady answers? Run. Follow that rule and you'll never lose money.

It's true that you will never be 100% foolproof. You weigh the risk versus reward of whatever project you think might be a winner and you stay with it very closely until something spooks you.
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:08:19 AM

you can identify a coin as a scam if the dev not have clear roadmap, he hide his personal information, new social media account and he ask money for airdrop( some of them claim for prevent abuse). but if you got it from airdrop is fine i guess, you get it for free though

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

eg-piggy,ohni

It is quite hard to identify which coin is a scam or not. Most of airdrop coins now ended up being worthless, but it doesn't matter for me, since I haven't done a lot of job getting that free coin. If we got involved on an airdrop, we can also check their announcement thread if they have and see if their team are strong enough to become successful or their project has something different to offer that might stand up at the end. Sometimes reading about them may answer our doubt, but sometimes not at all because we still cannot say if the project will goes well. But don't throw your coins away, it would be a regret if something good happens. But it will not if you just  keep it.  Wink
Red Lanterns

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:22:12 AM

Track their social networks, responses to people, activity. Write to community managers and ask questions about future of the project, profit from your invests and so on. If the answers are vague and too complicated or unprofessional it should put you on alert. However sometimes even scam could so perfectly planned and organized that it is unable to identify it.

❤️🍓💋Your Guide to Sexual Education and Freedom 💑🍒💌
👉🏻 RED LANTERNS 👈🏻
Onepager White paper Telegram chat Ann Thread
stoogiemeister

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:41:45 AM

i found this video to be very insightful in regards to this matter

https://youtu.be/v9AkwVHNnX0
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:44:14 AM

You cant identify scam coins only joining the aidrops,scam coin would be a scam if theres a lot of investors who got rekt,or the coin developmen is cancelled or they got hacked scheme.
tukiMiN

Activity: 383

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:46:47 AM

eg-piggy,ohni
in my opinion, the whole of the project can be seen if a scam. I usually see the project's website ranking, see the project's development team, in terms of website design and roadmap of the project.

Lindazz

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:48:35 AM

This is a very serious problem, and nobody knows how to tell whether this is true or not, so I'm not going to take any air drops in the near future.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:53:49 AM

eg-piggy,ohni

Can it include anything of the real The majority renowned worldwide crypto, Bitcoin? there will be a staggering amount from claiming scamcoins that didn’t generally include anything on Bitcoin’s protocol, they were uncovered forks with one or two parameters changed, Also in the best about cases a few (buggy) code included.

jimimcome907620

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:58:24 AM

eg-piggy,ohni

Can it include anything of the real The majority renowned worldwide crypto, Bitcoin? there will be a staggering amount from claiming scamcoins that didn’t generally include anything on Bitcoin’s protocol, they were uncovered forks with one or two parameters changed, Also in the best about cases a few (buggy) code included.

I have to say that most of the project nowadays is a scam, many projects has no relation with block chain, but they force to add the block chain to their project and call for money from the public.

desomnomnom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:05:17 AM

To be honest, I feel that it might be a little difficult to identify now. I mean just look at confido.
Budening

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:07:03 AM

This is very easy, you can see it from various aspect. First, you can see their team whether they have a good track record or not. Second, you can judge it in terms of rank project, I suggest you can use website www.alexa.com/siteinfo. From that aspect we can see if the project is scam or not.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:07:26 AM

As i know its too difficult to know the coin scam or not. But i will say if the coin have no real developers and not following the roadmap so i can say its scam project.
And also if the dont list on the market for long period after ico also showing that the coin is scam.
But of course its not hundreed persen work.
sophiasophia22

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:19:57 AM

http://prntscr.com/hg7seu

Just look at this picture
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:21:48 AM

Distribution of the most coins by airdrop. Sooner or later it will be pile of garbage.
delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:23:40 AM

The first thing I'm going to do is to check if the announcement and bounty campaign managers are higher rank members, otherwise they're scams and dodgy.
Newbie and Junior Members shouldn't be able to manage ICOs even if they're legitimate and experienced managers. But moat of the time I choose veteran managers like Sylon, Yahoo, Needmoney etc.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: