Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant question  (Read 568 times)
kenstu22 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:17:51 AM

I bought my first BTC via Bitinstant.  I wanted to get the Coins quickly and without leaving home. I am in the USA.  It ended up that I paid $500 and got $4.85 BTC in my Blockchain wallet after fees and everything.  This was at a time when BTC was valued at about $96.00 at Mt. Gox.

It went through in a day and a half 3 days ago.  But the $500 is still in my bank account.

Does it seem like I paid a fair transaction fee structure, and when should the funds leave my bank?

How do I know when enough confirmations have gone through so that I know the Coins are really mine and good?

Finally--was there a better way to do this?

If I want to buy some LTC now, where should I do that?

Thanks.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

I bought my first BTC via Bitinstant.  I wanted to get the Coins quickly and without leaving home. I am in the USA.  It ended up that I paid $500 and got $4.85 BTC in my Blockchain wallet after fees and everything.  This was at a time when BTC was valued at about $96.00 at Mt. Gox.

It went through in a day and a half 3 days ago.  But the $500 is still in my bank account.

Does it seem like I paid a fair transaction fee structure, and when should the funds leave my bank?

How do I know when enough confirmations have gone through so that I know the Coins are really mine and good?

Finally--was there a better way to do this?

If I want to buy some LTC now, where should I do that?

Thanks.
I don't have a blockchain wallet myself but If the coins have shoved up in your wallet there and it dosent say unconfirmed or something less then 6 confirms you should be fine and can use the coins to whatever you want. Usually you get those 6 confirms in less then an hour or two after the coins are sent(and they shows up as unconfirmed with 0 confirms in the beginning) so i guess you should have enoth confirms by now.

Bitinstant is a strange company that seems to sometimes delay when transactions go throu to get a more favorable(for them) USD/BTC price i have heard from those that has used them. Options for buing BTC in the USA is kind of limited to so i understand some people use Bitinstant anyway even thou they isen't exactly instant....

But them not drawing the funds but giving you the coins i have never heard of happening before, but i guess they will see there misstake sooner or later and correct it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: