Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the price is falling, the price is falling!!!  (Read 3509 times)
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:15:05 PM

I'm not convinced that Cypriot money in March caused much of the price increase.

They wanted bitcoins as much as plants crave Brawndo.

Personally, I don't see it because if I've got a lot of money and I'm it's imminently going to be ceased I'm not going to risk my already risk prone money on a risky crypto currency that I've never heard of before.

I'd need to research and in that research I'd find so much info on scams that I'd need to find out which companies are reliable/honest.

All this takes time and time is not something I'd have.

I'd likely have a business to run, assets to decide to liquidate or not, new home to find, etc.

If I had small volumes of money I'd need to assess which risk I like more - not something that smaller investors a likely to want to deal with in amongst the turmoil.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
ChrisJ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:30:23 PM

The problem is too many people use Bitcoin just to churn out more Dollars.

Too many speculators, manipulators and centralisation in the form of ASICs.

If you want to help the price go up don't sell them for Fiat go out and spend them. Put the Bitcoin.org logo and site on your dollar bills to help spread the word.

Demand to pay in Bitcoin in every restaurant and pub you go to. Answer their questions, tell them it's not controlled by any bank or government. Tell them it's like sending money with email and we all remember what email did to the post office.

Get your friends to go back to that same merchant over the coming weeks. If they see it hitting their bottom lines they might get curious.

I want to make the world better than I found it
Inedible

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:05:52 PM

If you want to help the price go up don't sell them for Fiat go out and spend them. Put the Bitcoin.org logo and site on your dollar bills to help spread the word.

This would only be true if your merchant didn't cash out to USD at time of sale.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
ChrisJ

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:27:22 PM

This would only be true if your merchant didn't cash out to USD at time of sale.

Good point, ask them first. I still think it's marginally better than just sitting in front of a chart buying and selling, although you could argue that it's not putting as much drain on the blockchain  Smiley

Then again spending the coins helps to set social norms.

SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:29:18 PM

The price will keep falling...

3600X365/12000000=11.34% = Inflation.. and seems most people are still in the waiting position to buying BTC...

The possibility of government intervention in the future and currently the limiting withdraw of USD in MT.Gox ,are decreasing the investor's confidence.  
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:19:21 PM

Demand to pay in Bitcoin in every restaurant and pub you go to. Answer their questions, tell them it's not controlled by any bank or government. Tell them it's like sending money with email and we all remember what email did to the post office.

Get your friends to go back to that same merchant over the coming weeks. If they see it hitting their bottom lines they might get curious.

This.

I think we should have a pamphlet made, that people can print out and hand to the manager at every restaurant and shop they go to.

It should briefly describe what bitcoin is, why they should accept it and how they can go about accepting it.

Why hasn't the Bitcoin Foundation done this yet? (or have they and I don't know about it?)
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:20:38 PM

Because that would make Bitcoin looks even more like a religion.
keelba

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:33:19 PM

Put the Bitcoin.org logo and site on your dollar bills to help spread the word.

I think that's a good idea. I need a stamp. Anyone got one or know who can create one?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:37:59 PM

the price push down today is clearly a manipulation lol..   but it's ok.. i got me bids on the good spots Smiley

The whole market is a manipulation, since bitcoins is a bubble ...
Nobody in the real world gives any credits to that "currency".

You forget Silk Road, don't make that mistake!
It is the best form of money for it's users...though they will happily make their trades even if it drops below 1$ Wink
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:42:14 PM

I'm scared this will turn into a full blown panic...

Price hasn't been going up for a while now

Be glad you will be able to buy in cheaply. My fantasy is that it goes back to $0.01/BTC and I buy BTC10,000 and it then goes up back to $100/BTC. Won't happen of course (the first part). But I will gladly buy from all the panic sellers when I have the fiat.  Grin
ChrisJ

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:43:05 PM

This.

I think we should have a pamphlet made, that people can print out and hand to the manager at every restaurant and shop they go to.

It should briefly describe what bitcoin is, why they should accept it and how they can go about accepting it.

Why hasn't the Bitcoin Foundation done this yet? (or have they and I don't know about it?)

The guy who runs Mad Bitcoins suggested leaflets. I see what Frozenlock means about it maybe coming across a bit pushy but why not try it out? We're all leaders now, no need to wait for permission. Just do it.

I would like to human DDoS merchants. I will go in to starbucks on City Road London and demand to pay in Bitcoin. We need 9 other people to sign up to do the same over next 2 weeks.

Any takers?

massivebitman (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 11:48:58 PM

There are a lot more people paying attention to BTC now, compared to before the 4/2013 bubble, just like there were more then than there were for the 5/2011 bubble.  This forum itself had 83,400 members by the end of 2/2013, and March/April/May/June increased that user count to 134,300.  A 61% increase in registered users is pretty significant.

The next bubble could very likely push the value higher by an order of magnitude.

This. I'm back in the market baby, with more coins!!!

It may have dropped a bit lower than I expected overnight, but no doubt we'll see another wave up!

Seems like we get an inevitable cycle here. People oversell, and when people are no longer scared, boom the price surges.

My biggest fear is not being in the market, when the direction changes, and having to buy in at a loss.

I'm doing it for the coins baby, the more you hold, the more you make!

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:32:11 AM

Cashing in and out of BTCs is pretty difficult at the moment. The community hasnt come up with a working solution to solve the bottleneck problem.

So we have got a decentralized currency but the exchanges are very centralized and shut down as soon as the public is giving some attention to BTCs.

Those problems are the underlying condition imo.

Imagine we get a steep ride to 120$ again and big interest is coming back. And then? MtGox will shut down most likely and we get the next panic selling that brings us under 100$ again.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:04:12 AM

Cashing in and out of BTCs is pretty difficult at the moment. The community hasnt come up with a working solution to solve the bottleneck problem.

So we have got a decentralized currency but the exchanges are very centralized and shut down as soon as the public is giving some attention to BTCs.

Imagine we get a steep ride to 120$ again and big interest is coming back. And then? MtGox will shut down most likely and we get the next panic selling that brings us under 100$ again.

Already under $100 ...

deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:17:21 AM

they say they have a new engine.  it's yet to be tested.  wait for the test.

Inedible

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:53:59 AM

This might be a good thing.

It'll force BTC transactions to remain denominated in BTC.

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:59:31 AM

Too many speculators are waiting for cash out~~~
Inedible

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:01:32 AM

Too many speculators are waiting for cash out~~~

Did you press Post too early?

Inedible

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

I suspect prices are going to go back up tomorrow morning when the Winklevii news gets out.

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:06:35 AM

Did you press Post too early?
Why ?price is steady falling...but cash out of speculators is not a despairing situations for BTC as it will reducing volatility of the price.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: