Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the price is falling, the price is falling!!!  (Read 3509 times)
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:10:23 AM

I suspect prices are going to go back up tomorrow morning when the Winklevii news gets out.
I am disagree with you ,application does not guarantee to be approve...and in facts, it is other way to shows, twins are want to cash out their BTC, but considering to the fact that the market can't take up those BTC without significant decreasing of its value.
Wagner2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:15:28 AM

I suspect prices are going to go back up tomorrow morning when the Winklevii news gets out.

Why? Aren't they selling a huge amount of their coins?

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:16:51 AM

Do you know who they're selling them to?

My guess is the trust they're stetting up so no BTC will hit the exchanges as such, thus no immediate price fluctuation.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:17:56 AM

They are making it as easy as possible for large investors to buy Bitcoin.

They are going to buy more Bitcoin if they need to.

Hello face, meet my palm.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
massivebitman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 02:20:21 AM

I am disagree with you ,application does not guarantee to be approve...and in facts, it is other way to shows, twins are want to cash out their BTC, but considering to the fact that the market can't take up those BTC without significant decreasing of its value.

Yeah, that was my initial thought too.

But then you've got to look at the positive side. It opens up BTC to lots of people who have serious, serious money.

A few million $ is nothing to them, but could be a $20 price rise for us and now it's easy.

If it goes through this might cause a real surge in BTC.

Also the twins may not necessarily be cashing out, could be that they hold their shares, or even buy more BTC as the money rolls in. Shit chances are they've already been buying the BTC, and are responsible for a lot of the recent volatility.

They're not exactly going to announce that they've been buying more recently, if they want to keep the price down (to buy more), are they?

Wagner2014

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:21:29 AM

They are making it as easy as possible for large investors to buy Bitcoin.

They are going to buy more Bitcoin if they need to.

Hello face, meet my palm.

So they aren't selling any of their coins?

humanitee

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:24:01 AM

If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel I'll just leave you in the cave. Bitcoin has a real problem with fiat, this alleviates that.

Don't worry, I'll throw you steaks occasionally, just clean up after yourself.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Wagner2014

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:29:33 AM

If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel I'll just leave you in the cave. Bitcoin has a real problem with fiat, this alleviates that.

I think you misunderstood my question or don't know or like the answer.

Timzim103

Activity: 91
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:30:44 AM

Put the Bitcoin.org logo and site on your dollar bills to help spread the word.

I think that's a good idea. I need a stamp. Anyone got one or know who can create one?

http://www.rubberstamps.net/custom_rubber_stamps.aspx
humanitee

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:32:47 AM

I think you misunderstood my question or don't know or like the answer.

Nobody knows is the answer to your question. We have no way of knowing how many coins they are holding, beyond what they choose to tell us.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:34:05 AM

I feel you guys are delusional about the twins plan......They are selling their coins to public to ensure their wealth will not be eaten by the volatility of BTC/USD.

BTC is not a deflation currency, it is inflation currency indeed.
To maintaining current price level , BTC worlds need attracting net in cash flow 3600*365/11347625=11.58% of its market cap. which is above 100 millions USD per year.

Regard to the possibility of government intervention in the future, and cash out executed by those BTC pioneers and the constrains of USD withdraw...

Think again ,price could be maintaining or decreasing...

massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 02:38:51 AM

Hahaha... I don't think this alleviates anything... What it could do however is massively increase demand, and correspondingly further reduce the limited supply. Hence the price probably will go up at least a little bit if it initially.

All these things and the corresponding press no doubt will push the $/BTC price go up, but does nothing for the actual usefulness of BTC.

It's just crazy. Still I don't mind paying micro BTC if it makes us early adopters rich!!!

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:41:57 AM

I feel you guys are delusional about the twins plan......They are selling their coins to public to ensure their wealth will not be eaten by the volatility of BTC/USD.

To maintaining current price level , BTC worlds need attracting net in cash flow 3600*365/11347625=11.58% of its market cap. which is above 100 millions USD per year.

Regard to the possibility of government intervention in the future, and cash out executed by those BTC pioneers and the constrains of USD withdraw...

This is most likely true.  I am sure the Winklevii want to keep their wealth secure as much as possible and are probably selling for that purpose.  But I appreciate all the press they keep bringing our way.  It could just cause more people to look into it and jump in.  Also, it is better if they spread some of the BTC around.  It is never good to have one entity holding onto so much coin.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 02:45:05 AM

Well for one thing you're assuming everyone who mines is selling... Simply not true

For another thing 100 million USD while it seems a large amount, in a global market where BTC is now in all the major press it's really not that big

humanitee

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:46:24 AM

Hahaha... I don't think this alleviates anything... What it could do however is massively increase demand, and correspondingly further reduce the limited supply. Hence the price probably will go up at least a little bit if it initially.

All these things and the corresponding press no doubt will push the $/BTC price go up, but does nothing for the actual usefulness of BTC.

It's just crazy. Still I don't mind paying micro BTC if it makes us early adopters rich!!!

I think it alleviates it. Not only that, it takes the security risk away from the technology impaired. Now I can just hold paper and get in and out of Bitcoin on a whim. Now my stepfather can finally get into Bitcoin without shooting himself directly in the foot.

This could be true, but IMO they are holding additional Bitcoin and are using this as a way to increase their value, not to merely maintain it. Either way, it's a win for them, that's for sure (should it pass).

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 02:47:27 AM

In regard to the 100Million not being a big number point I made, have a look at this video, it kind of puts things in perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LQu-eIOO0

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:54:42 AM

In regard to the 100Million not being a big number point I made, have a look at this video, it kind of puts things in perspective.

It is not doubt that most people come to BTC is because they think they can get rich on it.(Based on fiats) if the liquidity methods are restricted, which part makes you think 100 millions of USD will be put in ? and the video is prior than MTGOX issues its restriction on the withdraw.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 03:04:58 AM

Me too, it'll probably accelerate as people deposit more fiat in to speculate off this
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 03:05:15 AM

It is not doubt that most people come to BTC is because they think they can get rich on it.(Based on fiats) if the liquidity methods are restricted, which part makes you think 100 millions of USD will be put in ? and the video is prior than MTGOX issues its restriction on the withdraw.

Well if the winklevii twins thing happens there will suddenly be no liquidity problems (for investors). That problem will be solved, and suddenly there will be a whole bunch of institutions (not just people) drawn to BTC, because they think it could make their investors rich.

massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 03:09:08 AM

Well if the winklevii twins thing happens there will suddenly be no liquidity problems (for investors). That problem will be solved, and suddenly there will be a whole bunch of institutions (not just people) drawn to BTC, because they think it could make their investors rich.

Seriously, if I ran a retirement fund. I'd be crazy to not put at least some BTC in the basket (at least for the high risk options). The potential longterm potential upside is huge, and it's only the long term that you care about when you're retiring right?
BTC certainly is part of my retirement strategy... Shit no doubt some people have already retired off it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: