Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PREDICTION Thousands of altcoins all leading to 1 SUPERCOIN! No reason to hate!  (Read 634 times)
smitemesmith (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:59:49 PM

I hear a lot of hate towards some alt coins on this forum. There is no reason to hate and I'll tell you why.

Altcoins are good for the development of cryptocurrency. The more the better. How else can we test new ideas and methods? I notice that when one coin comes out with something new like POS in ppc's case or scrypt in LTC's. it is copied over and included in new coins. This may bug some people but what can you do? open source Smiley. Many coins will come out, each with a few innovations and they will each test those same innovations. Like this we will see which innovations work and which fail.

I predict that eventually a supercoin will come out that has selected only the best innovations from each coin and has a good development team.

This coin may acquire mainstream acceptance and like that we will thrive together.

However...

There will be thousands of coins before this happens.

Consider each coin as a test to its own parameters and do not fret over carbon copy coins.

If a coin is really not worth anything it will be reflected in the market. Even more reason not to lose your cool.

So in conclusion I say:

Good on you altcoin developers! Keep em coming  Cool
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:07:06 PM

I turn on my copy machine at home, and tell it to print 1000 copies of the same blank piece of paper, and one of them is going to be a super-copy of the first blank paper?.. I don't get it.

I'm all for developing new coins when you have a new innovative idea, or if you're just wanting to learn. But putting out a 1:1 copy of an already existing coin and wasting time pushing it to the public is stupid and pointless.

I'll mine your new altcoins if it brings something new to the table. Script-kiddies with a working ctrl and c button isn't going to bring cryptocurrencies anywhere but backwards.

If we actually focused our efforts where they're needed ( on developing already working coins, or coins with fresh ideas ) we would be so much farther along the line than we are today, where everyone is working on their own solo project that will never amount to anything.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
cryto4rig

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:17:11 PM

We already have a supercoin, Bitcoin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: