Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:44:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open cl faster cpu mining?  (Read 2381 times)
Copeyminer (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:10:54 PM

I know I'm cpu mining but its my first attempt and since I don't have anything other than a integrated gpu. So back to question will I mi e quicker with open cl it makes life easier cause I don't need command prompt.

Btw I get 2mhash/s which I'm guessing is ok for a Cpu.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Queezy

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:44:15 PM

You would be earning less than BTC0.00005 a day at the current difficulty. If you are wanting to test it out just to see how it works, by all means do whatever you think you can learn from. But it would be highly unwise to do this for any extended amount of time as you will be paying way more in electricity than you would be earning. As well as shortening the life of your pc.
There may be some alt coins you could look into that rely more on cpu mining, but I have not looked too much into the other ones yet so you would need to do your own research.
SirMintALot

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

In POS we trust

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:08:13 PM

OpenCL CPU minining doesn't make much sense for Bitcoin mining. OpenCL isn't optimized for your CPU and there is also a lot of OpenCL platfrom overhead. I've build an optimized pooler cpu miner for my Trinity APU and it gives me about 20 MHash/s running with 4 Threads on my A10-5800K. But running a OpenCL miner like cgminer or bfgminer on the integrated GPU gives about 114 Mhash/s - so it's not worth it if you have any AMD GPU above HD4xxx, or a top range NVIDIA or Intel GPU. For Litecoin CPU mining is still ok, if you have a few computer that you could mine with. For Litecoin mining I get about 30 kHash/s with that optimized cpuminer. Thats's not much, but if you have 3 or 4 simple office PCs, then you can still make some Litecoins with mining on the CPU with an optimized miner.

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:00:08 PM

I know I'm cpu mining but its my first attempt and since I don't have anything other than a integrated gpu. So back to question will I mi e quicker with open cl it makes life easier cause I don't need command prompt.

Btw I get 2mhash/s which I'm guessing is ok for a Cpu.
You even think of perhaps reading the very top stickied post here? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2415854.0 point-3

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: