Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:20:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If price goes below 90, there'll be a big sell-off?  (Read 3254 times)
Inedible (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:12:16 PM

Anyone else think that 90 is a psychological barrier that people well start panic selling at?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:12:48 PM

Anyone else think that 90 is a psychological barrier that people well start panic selling at?

barrtier is at 50$ if it falls we are going back to 10$
Inedible (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:16:10 PM

190 Bitcoins just moved the market by a dollar.

That's shallow.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Inedible (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:16:34 PM

You think it'll be a steady sell-off to 50?

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:25:07 PM

Call me when it is at 10$, i'll buy then

Jozzaboy

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:27:07 PM

You think it'll be a steady sell-off to 50?

Jarojaw is just being a troll bear. Very significant support in 190-192 region as the lower price in this triangle. lets see if we break that first. Take a deep breath man, I've just been buying all the way down.

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:27:59 PM

80$ USD is the next limit both from a resistance coming up from 30 and 50 USD as well as from high volume traded around that level in the past, see
https://ferroh.com/charts 180 days chart.

But if 80 breaks reliably, yes, we are going down to the 50s Wink
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:30:29 PM

Yup
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:32:30 PM

I've just been buying all the way down.
Buying all the way down in increasing size (and selling all the way up) is a good strategy, you need to have some money for that though. ^^
Panic selling and hoping you can buy more coins at the bottom is not, that is more like gambling.
Jozzaboy

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:35:49 PM

Buying all the way down in increasing size (and selling all the way up) is a good strategy, you need to have some money for that though. ^^
Panic selling and hoping you can buy more coins at the bottom is not, that is more like gambling.

Well my strategy has been, sell 50% of my BTC yesterday as I saw this coming and then buy up BTC all the way down on this panic sell. I'm almost totally back in again and look, the price is rising. Not all my efforts but glad to be of assistance Tongue

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:38:01 PM

Well my strategy has been, sell 50% of my BTC yesterday as I saw this coming and then buy up BTC all the way down on this panic sell. I'm almost totally back in again and look, the price is rising. Not all my efforts but glad to be of assistance Tongue
I don't think you know what panic selling really is. There has been none so far.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:39:15 PM

I don't think you know what panic selling really is. There has been none so far.

Meh, $266 -> $50 might have been.  Wink
ft73

Activity: 564
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:41:35 PM

Meh, $266 -> $50 might have been.  Wink

Yes, hard to do worse, unless we go over $266 of course Wink
Jozzaboy

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:43:19 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Losing over 5 percent of your value in 4 hours does have that underwear stained smell to it. Still, I'm up 6 BTC in those 4 hours so good times. BTC will recover eventually.

amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:45:40 PM

If I recall correctly the last time we fell below 90 it bottomed at ~87 and came back up from there pretty fast.  However at that time we fell to it fast and Bounced back up, this time around it feels like a more protracted sustained drop.
Rampion
Legendary

Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:48:12 PM

True. Last time panic sellers did their thing was on April, 16th. Oh boy, that week between April 10th and April 16th... There was some real panic selling going on, on Wed Apr 10th there was a $10 bid/ask spread, 3 hours in a row of blind market sells with +20 minutes lag... Since mid April I would say that we didn't have a single episode of panic selling. Some dumping, yeah, last week of of April we also had some nice red candles... But panic? Nowhere to be seen since months ago.

Jozzaboy

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:51:18 PM

True. Last time panic sellers did their thing was on April, 16th. Oh boy, that week between April 10th and April 16th... There was some real panic selling going on, on Wed Apr 10th there was a $10 bid/ask spread, 3 hours in a row of blind market sells with +20 minutes lag... Since mid April I would say that we didn't have a single episode of panic selling. Some dumping, yeah, last week of of April we also had some nice red candles... But panic? Nowhere to be seen since months ago.

The blind panic was specifically caused by the DDOS in that case. Thankfully MTGox servers are coping with this small sell off today. There is no blind bids here.

N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:55:01 PM

The blind panic was specifically caused by the DDOS in that case. Thankfully MTGox servers are coping with this small sell off today. There is no blind bids here.
And what was this panic in 2011 caused by? The panic selling is caused by multiple weeks of parabolic price action. Any other factors like news or order delay only serve to quicken/deepen it. Human psychology is always the same.

That's right. Price action causes price action.
Rampion
Legendary

Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:56:44 PM

Never bought that crap. The blind panic was caused by the price rapidly crashing, let's be honest... Were you scared by the lag or by Gox's page going up & down? Seriously? No you weren't, admit it, because nobody was. Another concrete example: a couple of days ago Gox stopped working for hours. Did you see any panic when it came online again?

I'm sure that DDoS crap causing panic is BS, and in fact IMO Gox going down because of DDOS/lag on April 10th actually slowed the crash, as people couldn't connect and market sell, the page just didn't work... And then Gox did its magic "market cooldown", just to try to stop the crash. I was actively trading that day, I will never buy that fairy-tale story about DDoS that trigger crashes.

N12
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:57:56 PM

DDoS stood for "Distributed Denial of Selloffs". Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: