Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:55:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here :D  (Read 984 times)
JonDough (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:31:48 PM

I found out about bitcoin a little while ago and its really interesting me lol. I am starting to understand it (somewhat) and keep learning more and more. One question I had though, was whats the best wallet that I should use?

I have blockchain.info wallet, but I don't feel as comfortable having my wallet on another server. If somehow their servers got hacked or anything, wouldn't that leave all of the wallets stored just open to be cracked?

Also I wanted to know peoples opinions on the falling prices so far? I just got into it later and didn't get into stocks because of the fluctuations lol but I did notice that a few weeks ago it was over $100 per btc and now its 90 something..
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryto4rig

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:06:09 PM

Welcome, Bitcoin fluctuates like crazy, dont worry about it, itll be back up, and down and up. Has been pretty stable around $100 for a while now though.
BTCOxygen

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 06:11:05 PM

Welcome, Bitcoin fluctuates like crazy, dont worry about it, itll be back up, and down and up. Has been pretty stable around $100 for a while now though.

I think that the value of bitcoins will only go up due to the increasing number of users joining the bitcoin community recently.
cryto4rig

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:20:11 PM

I think that the value of bitcoins will only go up due to the increasing number of users joining the bitcoin community recently.
Itll go up, sure, but it will fluctuate all the way up
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:28:53 PM

Welcome to the bitcoin... thing!  Cheesy

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
robolove

Activity: 129
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:43:43 PM

I've been a guest user for a long time, but finally decided to sign up. Mainly because of infinitecoins, which I find most interesting.

Cheers!
NickBack1951

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:56:14 PM

I think the price of BTC will go down while LTC will grow up and will replace it as main cryprocurency.
cryto4rig

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:09:11 PM

I think the price of BTC will go down while LTC will grow up and will replace it as main cryprocurency.
LTC is a "clone" of sorts of Bitcoin, I dont see it ever replacing Bitcoin. But, I believe it will continue to rise, it should be at $25 plus in my book.
cryto4rig

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:23:36 PM

Why need all those other cryptocurrencies anyway? Why not stick with BTC and develop that further?
LTC is a good alternative for people to hold more of rather than spend so much on bitcoin, other than that, no we do not need anymore coins, but too many people here think they will get rich of a pump and dump scheme.
NickBack1951

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:37:23 PM

It is too difficult to gain bitcoins now. Asic miners almost replaced card's minning and casual users will find LTC's alternative much acceptable.
shadallion

Activity: 304
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:54:55 PM

The day that a large number of Chinese investors/users/speculators jump into bitcoin, the price will double.  Then double again the next week.  Then again after that, as everyone clamors to jump onboard.

Everyone who is sitting there with a MtGox account with only 0.1 bitcoins will scramble to shove US Dollars into bitcoin, and then the fun begins.

So buy in now and either hold or invest in bitcoin stocks like ASICMINER to put your coins to work for you, without having them convert to fiat (traditional dollars/paper currency).

Good luck and welcome to the new wealthy elite, as of 2015.
Fugger

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Founder of Bitbond

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 08:15:47 PM

I believe the most interesting thing about Bitcoin is not its exchange rate to fiat currencies but to what extent it will actually be used as a means of payment. That is where the real value of Bitcoin comes from.

Token Tool by Bitbond
▬▬▬ Create, manage and multisend tokens on Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Polygon and Avalanche ▬▬▬
■ Twitter ■ Join Telegram
ILoveCrypto

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:04:18 PM

It is too difficult to gain bitcoins now. Asic miners almost replaced card's minning and casual users will find LTC's alternative much acceptable.

You are right. GPU mining is not profitable now for bitcoin.
ChazM

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:18:17 PM

You are right. GPU mining is not profitable now for bitcoin.
So? Shouldn't people be valuing bitcoin by using it instead of mining it all day?

Now this brings us to the separate topic of fostering adoption, of course.
Krombacher81

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:49:46 PM

hi
cryto4rig

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:58:38 PM

I believe the most interesting thing about Bitcoin is not its exchange rate to fiat currencies but to what extent it will actually be used as a means of payment. That is where the real value of Bitcoin comes from.
I believe its worth more than the dollar, in terms of usage and anonymity.
scarletham

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:46:58 AM

Hi there
JonDough (OP)

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:55:31 PM

I hope everyone is right about it going back up Cheesy bitcoin is kind of exciting to just sit back and watch
taquilla

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 08:13:30 PM

Welcome. I am a beginner in this forum.
The bitcoin know of eight months.
Mining 12 BTC
The trade has already lost 10 BTC.
You have learned not to waste any more.
Please Polish section.
mprep