Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:37:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER fixed price auction 4.5BTC/share, 1000 shares  (Read 6355 times)
Pierre

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:20:08 PM

Holy crap I've never seen 45k BTC move this fast!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:38:00 PM

4.5k BTC

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:11:36 AM

"The Jutarul Sell Wall" now = "The Jutarul Speed Bump"

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:20:08 AM

Full payment sent.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:46:33 AM

Again if you ever throw a wild party  Cheesy

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:03:50 AM

Quick Update

First wave of transfer requests is submitted. Others will be bundled together and submitted as soon as all payments have cleared.

0 shares available.
236 shares in reservation/escrow.
764 shares paid.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:55:13 PM

Quick Update

Unfortunately the transfer request has not been processed before the dividend payment this week. The dividend payment has been sent out to all buyers correspondingly, with the exception of one pending trade.

I understand that with the missing confirmation through the dividend payment, it makes it harder for individuals to engage in an OTC trade this week. However, please understand that OTC trades are not supposed to be used for flipping the equity quickly. That's what professional trading sites/exchanges are for. In any event, should the circumstance warrant special treatment, I am available to confirm the transfer request with signatures.

0 shares available.
78 shares in reservation/escrow.
922 shares paid.

"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:27:12 AM

Not cool....... would prefer a refund really... it was not explained I would ha e to waiy over 24hrs.....
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:29:18 AM

Not cool....... would prefer a refund really... it was not explained I would ha e to waiy over 24hrs.....

Wait for what? You got your divs, he agreed to comply with any OTC trading you need to do, and ?
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:32:06 AM

I just expected the trade to be done quicker than this..... I was unaware it would take this long and feel a little uncomfortable with thr sittuation.... just saying Smiley
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:44:25 AM

I just expected the trade to be done quicker than this..... I was unaware it would take this long and feel a little uncomfortable with thr sittuation.... just saying Smiley

Friedcat usually takes 1-5 days to confirm trades.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:50:11 AM

hmm... uncomfortable with them trading at <4 now ?

the guys who had PT shares really benefited from this and are not complaining Wink
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:53:43 AM

Wow I 100% would not have done a deal had I known the time to tranafer was unknown..... anybody want to buy my shares?
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:57:20 AM

the guys who had PT shares really benefited from this and are not complaining Wink

no uncomfortable because I was not nformed i woukd wait more than 24hrs to have the shares...... I did explain to the auction holder I was new to this..... but he neglected to tell me I woukd have to wait for over 24hrs for nithing.
Jutarul (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:25:19 AM

no uncomfortable because I was not nformed i woukd wait more than 24hrs to have the shares...... I did explain to the auction holder I was new to this..... but he neglected to tell me I woukd have to wait for over 24hrs for nithing.

As I explained to you in the PM I just sent, your misinterpretation creates an issue with bailing out of an OTC deal due to price volatility. Even though I am inclined to help you out here, I have two problems:
a) how do I tread the next person who comes along and demands a refund?
b) would you complain if the share price would be at 5/share right now?

I try to stick to the terms of my offering and I expect the same in return. Ignorance about what I expect to be common knowledge in OTC trades is a bad excuse.

As I indicated elsewhere, I am trying to help as much as I can - but you have to understand my predicament.

elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:27:38 AM

As I explained to you in the PM I just sent, your misinterpretation creates an issue with bailing out of an OTC deal due to price volatility. Even though I am inclined to help you out here, I have two problems:
a) how do I tread the next person who comes along and demands a refund?
b) would you complain if the share price would be at 5/share right now?

I try to stick to the terms of my offering and I expect the same in return. Ignorance about what I expect to be common knowledge in OTC trades is a bad excuse.

As I indicated elsewhere, I am trying to help as much as I can - but you have to understand my predicament.

Dude i was complaining to you last night about how long this deal was taking, the prices were above 5btc per share then..... so YES i would still complain like i did last night, as it is the time frame being so unknown(1-5 days as mentioned) that makes me uncomfortable
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:36:23 AM

the price of the shares is not in your control, i know this...... I just think for such large transactions a bit more speed should be taken by ALL parties involved...... just like you demand payment be made within 48hrs of the bid being made..... this statement should go both ways..... especially when dealing with such high volume transactions. This is all just my opinion based on how events are panning out though.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:40:53 AM

the price of the shares is not in your control, i know this...... I just think for such large transactions a bit more speed should be taken by ALL parties involved...... just like you demand payment be made within 48hrs of the bid being made..... this statement should go both ways..... especially when dealing with such high volume transactions. This is all just my opinion based on how events are panning out though.

Sounds like you agreed to buy something you did not know what it was. This is not the sellers fault. You really should have read about what you were buying and how it works before you bid and paid. Asking the questions after is just silly. I will never trade with you.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Pierre

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:45:46 AM

Dude i was complaining to you last night about how long this deal was taking, the prices were above 5btc per share then..... so YES i would still complain like i did last night, as it is the time frame being so unknown(1-5 days as mentioned) that makes me uncomfortable

This is outside of elasticband's control and if you've been following previous AM auctions you'd know that share transfers can take up to a week to complete. Friedcat is a busy man. You'll get your shares don't worry, you won't miss out on anything.
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:49:12 AM

Hi Elastic,

I am a bit confused as to what you are upset about.  If you do your due diligence on this investment, you'd realize that share confirmation takes time.  TaT mentioned the time frame, but again, it can take 1-5 days for confirmation.  

Unless I am mistaken, it seems he submitted the transfer request quite expediently.  He has no actual control over how long it takes Friedcat to respond and process it.  In the end, you received your shares and the dividends owed to you in a timely manner.  Jutarul owes no restitution.

If you prefer quicker access, perhaps a passthrough share offered on local exchanges would be a better bet.  You can have your shares transferred over if you'd like.

-JC
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: