Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: South Korea’s Goto Mall adds Bitcoin payments to 620 stores
Bitcoin - 0 (0%)
blockchain - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: South Korea’s Goto Mall adds Bitcoin payments to 620 stores  (Read 233 times)
Oliver A (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:07:35 AM

About 620 stores in South Korea’s Goto Mall, the largest underground mall, will start accepting Bitcoin payments from mid-December after the mall partnered with local cryptocurrency exchange HTS Coin to facilitate payments.

https://coinpedia.org/news/south-koreas-goto-mall-adds-bitcoin-payments/
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:17:06 AM

About 620 stores in South Korea’s Goto Mall, the largest underground mall, will start accepting Bitcoin payments from mid-December after the mall partnered with local cryptocurrency exchange HTS Coin to facilitate payments.
https://coinpedia.org/news/south-koreas-goto-mall-adds-bitcoin-payments/

Good news for many Koreans who are willing to use their Bitcoin to buy something from Goto Mall. In a way, this can help spread the use of Bitcoin as a real currency and not just a store of value (one of the many basis why some are criticizing Bitcoin). The downside here is that because of speculation people tend to be 'hodling' on to their Bitcoin rather than spend it in buying or shopping new things. However, since it is already the holiday season many can be enticed to use their Bitcoin especially if that mall would be introducing special discounts to Bitcoin users as incentives.

Personally, I would not be wasting my hard-earned Bitcoin just to buy anything from a mall. I prefer to use the fiat money because buying Bitcoin here is not a breeze and the local providers usually jack up their conversion rates to gain more and to also cover the imposed transaction tax.

Doing business with Bitcoin would soon be trending and as the number of merchants will reach the critical mass it would then be a bandwagon where other merchants would have no choice but to also join the party or be left behind.
Oliver A (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:28:48 AM

No one can stop Bitcoin to become the global currency. This is the first step of the Bitcoin revolution
AngelOnCrypto

Activity: 66
Merit: 14

ICO Bounty Hunting Guides and Tips

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 11:08:20 AM

With the current Bitcoin fees, they should be buying 200$+ goods for the purchase with Bitcoin to be justified.

fireblond

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

Thrive

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:12:33 AM

Need to wait for lightning network, It's ridiculous to pay 10$ in fees for 5$ worth of a product...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:32:12 AM

if this app can make payments inside their system without the need of sending the bitcoin from clients to store then that would be nice
but accepting bitcoin without such app is useless IMO , cause there is a high fee and long time to wait which makes no sense to use it in a mall
but if people were able to fund the app before leaving the house then send money without fees within the app , that would definitely be great
MotulDiesel

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:01:26 PM

Its really glad to see Korean who want to use their bitcoin in real life as shopping or trading in the real market. Honestly, i get jealous with all countries and their citizen, where bitcoin is legal. In my country, bitcoin is banned in all the way; Trading, mining or using are seen illegal and may be you will go to the jail if you keep doing these works. I hope one day all government will open for bitcoin and crytocurrency market, so everyone have much of choice not only local people and difficult procedures.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:20:08 PM

This is interesting
Rather to go against it, south korea embraces it
By doing so the will promoting bitcoin and crypto in general indirectly, it is good for us all

I hope more country start doing so

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: