Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:13:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie about airdrops  (Read 1051 times)
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:26:31 PM

Hi I am a newbie and I would like to know more about the airdrops?
Why can we get the airdrops?
Why do the dev do airdrops?
Thanks.

first devs do airdrop for better result, they want to give free token (airdrop) just to spread their upcoming ICO by the other people who participated in their airdrop, then after what ever the result, that result may be the reason to decide if they go to the next step, if their token will become familiarize for those people who got that info about their airdrop. second you can get that free token (airdrop) from participating on their thread, then you will fill up the form that they provide. after that you will receive a free token (airdrop) from their dev.
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:01:06 PM

Thanks.

first devs do airdrop for better result, they want to give free token (airdrop) just to spread their upcoming ICO by the other people who participated in their airdrop, then after what ever the result, that result may be the reason to decide if they go to the next step, if their token will become familiarize for those people who got that info about their airdrop. second you can get that free token (airdrop) from participating on their thread, then you will fill up the form that they provide. after that you will receive a free token (airdrop) from their dev.

Remember, however, that we often face fake airdrops that are made by hackers. They want a lot of money and they often manage it, the need for a good security for the wallet.
CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:58:58 PM

There's not much good airdrops lately as some of them lets you register then gone with the updates. There's a website where I often check ongoing and incoming airdrops online where we can participate. You can check https://airdropalert.com/

When joining airdops, don't ever fill personal information aside from your username, twitter, Facebook , telegram accts and ETH address. Never ever put passwords and other personal data on the form.

PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:00:42 AM

Thanks.
they gives airdrop if you do some of their task. like referral in signing in in their ICO website. airdrop is giving you some altcoins so if the coin has a value later. you can get a little bitcoin.
ramayor

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:22:46 AM

Airdrop is a “free giveaway of pre-mined coins.” Imagine a helicopter dropping money from the sky. It is often used as marketing tactics by coins to increase public awareness and usage of their currency. There are requirements to participate in the airdrop such as being a member of this forum or having an ethereum address.
cToph24

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:45:07 AM

I was wondering. How would one be aware of potential scams in attemptimg to collect an airdrop?
DigitalMint

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:00:30 AM

I was wondering what airdrops were all about as well, great to see all the info. It is much appreciated.
D-D

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:51:07 AM

hello
77JohnDoe77

Activity: 840
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:54:46 PM

airdrop is easy, just fill form and wait for distribution
but not all airdrop is legit, many airdrop just give shit token
so my suggest, only join free airdrop dont join if must pay or donation bla bla
cause from what I know airdrop is always free  Wink

★  ★  ★ Commodities Trading Revolutionized ★  ★  ★
●  ●  ● KRATOS ●  ●  ●
Telegram ◆ Facebook ◆ Twitter ◆ White Paper ◆ Medium◆ ⌚ PreSale Live
CryptaMagia

Activity: 97
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:17:45 PM

Any good airdrops right now?

I am searching the forum to see if there is some good airdrops.
If you have any idea, please share with me.
A whole bounch of information there.

I also want more information about airdrop, where to look for worthwhile projects and not to waste time on dummies. I'm newbie and I'm interested in this topic.

●        QBIC.io        ●   THE FUTURE OF DIGITAL CASH
Masternodes  |  PoW  |  Secure  |  ASIC  |  Resistance
overtime4566

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:23:45 PM

HI, how to earn here coins in bitcointalk besides airdrop?
Swoshinima

Activity: 144

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:57:42 PM

Im a newbie too, what do we do if there are airdrops announced? My friends told me that some airdrops are unsafe because you can be a victim of phishing and you can get all your cryptocurrency taken.

That's why you should use a spam email address.

And most important:

NEVER GIVE ANYBODY YOUR PRIVATE KEY!!!
lazzackweach

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:13:26 PM

I can recommend to spread your ETH holdings on multiple vallets with atleast 0.1 ETH per wallet. That is often the threshold to get free airdrop.
KriptoCoder

Activity: 129
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:05:06 PM

As mentioned above. Airdops are a free distribution of a certain number of coins. The problem is that with the popularity of this kind of coins distribution, we have more and more scam attempts. That's why it is very important to be extra cautious and not to enter to all Airdrops. Only on those that have been previously confirmed by somebody who is more experience.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
benj_pirate

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:35:03 PM

Im a newbie too, what do we do if there are airdrops announced? My friends told me that some airdrops are unsafe because you can be a victim of phishing and you can get all your cryptocurrency taken.

Can be true, but if you protect your coin in a hardware wallet, you are totally safe from this thief
absjonse (OP)

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:27:25 AM

I was wondering. How would one be aware of potential scams in attemptimg to collect an airdrop?

That’s the point.
If the coin asks donation for the airdrop, it can be very possible a scram.
Then, join the telegram or twitter, see if they are active. If not, okay, might be a scram.
absjonse (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:37:57 AM

I was wondering what airdrops were all about as well, great to see all the info. It is much appreciated.

Hope that helps.
There is some telegram or twitter sharing the information very fast.
You can follow them to get the lastest information.
Hendralam18

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 09:49:23 AM

As I know Airdrop was small bounty after or before ICO, Airdrop usually only Social Media Campaign like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Telegram, etc. Airdrop only two weeks till three weeks only. Airdrop need to referral to others members.

absjonse (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:44:45 AM

airdrop is easy, just fill form and wait for distribution
but not all airdrop is legit, many airdrop just give shit token
so my suggest, only join free airdrop dont join if must pay or donation bla bla
cause from what I know airdrop is always free  Wink

This is a really good advice.
I joined an airdrop some days ago.
Today when i go back to their telegram group, the dev told us their project has been hacked.
So the coin will be worthless....
boihter1

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:49:11 AM

Airdrop is dropping for free coins to some amount of users through easy tasks or information given. Developers hold the event in order to pay attention to their product, to interest potential users.
thanks for your answer, I am also concerned about this issue Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: