Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:27:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reflection of altcoins and buyers  (Read 182 times)
Bandersnatch (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:21:19 PM

Hi,

new here.

I read for days now on this forum and the impression I get is that there is about 10 % of its member that actually reads up on coins. The rest is the "the big mass" who follows anything.
I often see someone that writes professionally of a coin and then "hodlers" buy the argument 100% and hopes to become rich.

For example, ADA (Cardano) coin. In the first post in a thread people refer to scam in Japan with some substance actually. But in the end of the thread it seems forgotten, and people asks" is this good for hodl? They look really promising", they are high in Market cap". ADA has a nice homepage, some photos and some appealing information. Is this all it takes?

Is it a good coin? Maybe, but it scares me how easy you can fund money with a forum like this.
For myself I only invest in altcoins that actually has customers or companies linked and supported.

Good luck out there, don't buy everything just because some (often people related to the coin) writes something convincing here and has a nice homepage.
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:25:50 PM

I agree with you always do research about anything you are planning to invest in, I have done this mistake in the past I was pretty new to crypto-currency world learned my lesson thankfully it was not a big amount.

leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:32:02 PM

Sorry to deflate your research here but I think 10% is too optimistic. Do you really believe 1 out of 10 persons do their proper research? Maybe 10% actually do a small amount of Googling and skim through the whitepaper and read all the shill posts on Medium, Newbium, whatever. But that is not research. That is just reading and being influenced, a different sort of following.

You are right though. A nice homepage, some photos, some buzz words. That is actually all it takes. In fact, I think it takes even less, from the examples I have seen.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:56:14 PM

I agree with you always do research about anything you are planning to invest in, I have done this mistake in the past I was pretty new to crypto-currency world learned my lesson thankfully it was not a big amount.

Yeah have found about in ADA growth from the past a months. It growth around 25 percent from the past one week in seeing the price chart. We have to find the best place in future I think. You please don't panic op. He have chosen the right coin.
I sure that cardano coin will increase to 1 USD with in year ends. @op you does not about that this is good coin or not. I will really helpful to you by investing it.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:02:34 PM

A good for me is the one which has a good existing product,developers with some achievements and successful projects,has a lot of big investors,a good volume and marketcap thats my qualifications to pick good coins to invest with it takes a lot of time to research for these but it will give you nice profit gains over the time.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 01:04:01 PM

Yeah have found about in ADA growth from the past a months. It growth around 25 percent from the past one week in seeing the price chart. We have to find the best place in future I think. You please don't panic op. He have chosen the right coin.
I sure that cardano coin will increase to 1 USD with in year ends. @op you does not about that this is good coin or not. I will really helpful to you by investing it.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/
I didn't say anything about ADA coin nor I think OP has invested in it? I guess that was an example, I am talking about all coins in general just my opinion.

orange32

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:52:21 AM

Hi,

new here.

I read for days now on this forum and the impression I get is that there is about 10 % of its member that actually reads up on coins. The rest is the "the big mass" who follows anything.
I often see someone that writes professionally of a coin and then "hodlers" buy the argument 100% and hopes to become rich.

For example, ADA (Cardano) coin. In the first post in a thread people refer to scam in Japan with some substance actually. But in the end of the thread it seems forgotten, and people asks" is this good for hodl? They look really promising", they are high in Market cap". ADA has a nice homepage, some photos and some appealing information. Is this all it takes?

Is it a good coin? Maybe, but it scares me how easy you can fund money with a forum like this.
For myself I only invest in altcoins that actually has customers or companies linked and supported.

Good luck out there, don't buy everything just because some (often people related to the coin) writes something convincing here and has a nice homepage.

lol, my advice is is that you follow your own advice.

Just beacuse someone says something is a scam, you believe it is a scam? Wish I was scammed, the victims of the ADA-scam made tons of money.

Of course a good homepage doesn't make a good coin. But you have to actually read the homepage, google the people involved and check their credentials, check out their github repository to see that they actually has made something (as opposed to those countless ICOs that has nothing but the code for their ICO-token there), google for 3rd party information etc. You do that, and you'll find that ADA is arguably the worst example of the 1300 coins on coinmarketcap you could have picked to make your point.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:03:50 AM

Yes this is crazy because anyone can join in with no knowledge of anything. Look at what happened with the palm beach "leak". people will jump into anything.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀