Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:20:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] TYT - The Token of Appreciation for Fundraisers  (Read 267 times)
johntsallt (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:10:50 PM

Hey!
Alright, let’s be fair and honest here. This is not a typical ICO, this is more of a fundraiser.

So what is the point of this? Long story short, I am a student, with a keen interest in computing especially so in blockchain technology, currently awaiting for University to begin. I do have a placing in a computer science course from a particular University. Unfortunately, as most of you might know, enrolling in University will incur huge financial cost. To prepare for it, I am looking for all sorts of alternative methods to try to raise as much fiat money before the freshman year begin. I do have a day job which pays consistently but definitely insufficient to sustain.

Using my limited free time, I made a very simple ICO crowdsale. Basically, this ICO issues “Thank You Token” to anyone that sends ethers to the contract address (listed below) at a rate of 1 ETH to 1000 TYT. There is no total supply cap as there is no limit to my appreciation to the contributors.

How will I spend my ethers?
Most of them will be used to pay off the University tuition fee, books and miscellaneous expenses. Any amount donated will be gladly appreciated as it will make a huge difference to me. I sincerely thank all the contributors that are willing to help me in this journey.

What is the use of the tokens?
Remember those stickers you get when you donate coins into the tin can? Yep, Thank You Tokens function the same as those stickers. They are merely an appreciation for your donation and maybe act as a reminder of how good of a samaritan you are whenever you open up your mist wallet to check on your cryptocurrencies. Oh and just maybe these tokens can be adopted by fundraisers to issue out to their benefactors to show their appreciation.

Contract Address: 0x3d6c5da4b3afbe3f6535e90355f0dab7680b7112

FAQ:
Q: How do I send Ethers and receive the tokens?
A: Just send whatever amount of ethers you wish to the contract address listed above. Wait for about a few minutes and the tokens will appear in your mist wallet.

Q: How do I see my tokens?
A: I think they are only supported by mist wallet as of now. To view it, head over to wallet.ethereum.org and click on contracts. Then, navigate to watch tokens and input the contract address. Voila, you can now see it.

Q: Possible use of the tokens?
A:
1) Send these tokens to someone you would like to thank.
2) Can be used by fundraisers on website like Kickstarter or Indiegogo. Instead of the standard Thank You note to backers for the lower tier of donation, they can issue Thank You tokens and have their thank you messages blockchained.

Q: When will this ICO end?
A: I plan to leave this ICO open without an end as of now so that whoever plans to acquire more thank you tokens, be it for future fundraising events or plainly for their benefactors, can simply send ethers to the contract address and receive the tokens immediately after a block.

Q: Will the token go on any exchanges?
A: Well, these tokens are a symbol of your appreciation so I do not see the point in monetizing it. But deep down I do hope these tokens of appreciation will appreciate in value.

Contract Address: 0x3d6c5da4b3afbe3f6535e90355f0dab7680b7112
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: