Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:51:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know whether a new coin/token is an scam or not ??  (Read 135 times)
moinul018 (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:46:52 PM

Hi,

I believe most of us know about the recent scam by Confido coin. I always used basic screening before investing in a new coin/token. I did the same for Confido (it matched all requirements), also as Kucoin exchange offered bonus on Confido coin trade, I put my trust on them and bought many. Now I am distraught. However, I am not giving up and I want your advise on how to know whether a coin/token is a scam or not.
jasux

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:16:13 PM

always take a look at the github and updates. but in my opnion most important is the community.
Telgram groups are good indicators. take a look at UNIFY for example. great community in the telegram with the dev in the group with daily updates.
This are the best indicators for a good coin.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:20:31 PM

You need to check their site (if there is any site), see its design, security and if its cheap or not secured that's a bad sign and the token is most likely an scam. Also you have to read carefully the whitepaper, the roadmap, and check the community (Twitter, telegram..) and see the activity of the devs and the team, before investing. If you notice anything shady just stay away.
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:26:44 PM

i agree with all the posts here, and i also can say that you need to find out about the past of the developers, google them and see if these people are real. cause there were some situations when the pictures were stolen from social networks.. be careful...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: