Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:35:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hedging A Real Estate Purchase With Crypto  (Read 128 times)
Bungeebones (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:41:29 PM

I was a broker (in a former life) and have been immersed in Bitcoin for over five years now. I believe I've come up with a way for buyers to protect themselves from a 2008 style collapse by using Bitcoin.

I'm not looking for any money at this time (donations would be accepted) but do need to get the idea and system tested. There are some potential mine fields (such as bank repercussions, civil legal disputes etc.) and the system adds yet another layer of complexity to an already complex real estate purchase but I think it would be worthwhile for all the parties (even the banks).

If someone had used my system five years ago and had put 10% down (in the form of Bitcoin) on a $200,000 property then the BITCOIN would be worth over 18 million dollars today. Rather than having a buyer sell their Bitcoin to use as a down payment, the Bitcoin is used as a security deposit and can continue to appreciate.

I've got a basic website started at BitcoinRealEstateHedge.co.

Feedback and discussion is what it's all about!

IF this system is used:

The buyer and seller essentially disintermediate the bank, the secondary mortgage market and the realtors from the equation.

Donations - seed money
1AZK3oWy6uGPShYjdPts4CzYvCUi3MH5ut
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: