Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:05:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price can be controlled, Yes  (Read 362 times)
alexey14 (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:04:55 AM

A group of Chinese miners and large Cryptocurrency holders are trying to get Bitcoin cash to replace Bitcoin.
Whether the source is credible or not that is up to you to believe, the only thing that we can confirm is that the pastebin was posted July 30th months before the price manipulation that has taken place. Also over 1/3 of all the transactions of bitcoin cash were on South Korean exchanges.

We are learning that the Cryptocurrency market can be controlled by a group of people. They were able to over 4x Bitcoin Cash's market cap, over 3x it's price and temporarily passed Ethereum on market cap becoming the second largest Cryptocurrency in a couple of days.

Bitcoin cash is a huge Cryptocurrency, but they were able to manipulate the price as if it were a pennystock. And because of that they have made a serious profit. So we have to ask:

What is stopping them from doing it again?

Below is the pastebin that I was referring to.
Also here is the link if you would want.
https://pastebin(dot)com/n0aGBMQr
https://www.blackhatworld.com/attachments/img_1-jpg.97373/
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:30:57 AM

Bitcoin should be a decentralized coin. But, I have to agree with you that seems like the price of bitcoin is controlled by some group of miners. This is inevitable and they seem to have control over it. I don't think this is good.
alexey14 (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:41:51 AM

Bitcoin should be a decentralized coin. But, I have to agree with you that seems like the price of bitcoin is controlled by some group of miners. This is inevitable and they seem to have control over it. I don't think this is good.
So maybe the current price of BTC (10k$) is because of  some group of miners.
skiran

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:51:03 AM

A very nice question to have a debate. To me yes, but few things need to be pointed are-
a. Bitcoin price are extremely volatile without logical reasons
b. Security concerns.

So unless these two above points can be resolved or controlled Bitcoin price could also be controlled.
"A rumor can be boom in crypto so a real new can be typhoon in crypto"
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:07:04 AM

Yeah bitcoin price is controlable, if you have a big amount of bitcoin or a lot of cash. If youre not so dont try to control it
jason meneses

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:13:16 AM

yes price can be controlled bcos of the owner if he want to controlled it and if he want to make up..
jlanzago

Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 01:19:10 AM

One more reason to HODL for a long time, rather than attempting to trade against the people who are able to control the price of Bitcoin (and other currencies as well).
castiel0504

Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:29:03 AM

yes price can be controlled bcos of the owner if he want to controlled it and if he want to make up..

Bitcoin doesnt have "owner" Bitcoin is totally decentralized and community coin. Its not like Satoshi is going to pop up now and say "Bitcoin let it be 1k" and suddenly Bitcoin drops 9k.

You can control Bitcoin price with few tactics, spreading nonsense, huge amounts of money, S2X and bCash attack that was month ago i think, FUD FUD FUD and so on. But as @jlanzago said HODL
Beatcoin.it

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:31:12 AM

Sure, bitcoin is controlled by a small circle of big whale that owns the biggest hash power( you can check on internet the %) and you have to deal with it.
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:49:54 AM

There is always a possibility that someone has been controlling bitcoin price because the movement of its price from time to time, someone or something could not performed or move well without someone behind, controlling or manipulating it. Like what they say there is always a story of someone behind every successful event.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:58:55 AM

Yes, it can be controlled by a large group of miners and whales. The good part is you won't have to do anything and just get your BTC and watch it soar. Or else get left behind. Manipulation is inevitable over something so valuable.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:59:31 AM

It is not entirely possible to control the price of Bitcoin even with sufficient back up behind you. Look at what happened a few months ago when all the FUDs and bubble accusations were making rounds, it did take a toll on Bitcoin's price initially but later on just helped it reach where it is right now, beyond $10k.
About the whole thing of Bitcoin Cash taking over, yes it might scale much better than Bitcoin into the future but with the price controlled by Jihan's bunch, it is harder for themselves to get a move on when its original counterpart is effectively much much ahead.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:12:46 AM

A group of Chinese miners and large Cryptocurrency holders are trying to get Bitcoin cash to replace Bitcoin.
Whether the source is credible or not that is up to you to believe, the only thing that we can confirm is that the pastebin was posted July 30th months before the price manipulation that has taken place. Also over 1/3 of all the transactions of bitcoin cash were on South Korean exchanges.

We are learning that the Cryptocurrency market can be controlled by a group of people. They were able to over 4x Bitcoin Cash's market cap, over 3x it's price and temporarily passed Ethereum on market cap becoming the second largest Cryptocurrency in a couple of days.

Bitcoin cash is a huge Cryptocurrency, but they were able to manipulate the price as if it were a pennystock. And because of that they have made a serious profit. So we have to ask:

What is stopping them from doing it again?

Below is the pastebin that I was referring to.
Also here is the link if you would want.
https://pastebin(dot)com/n0aGBMQr
https://www.blackhatworld.com/attachments/img_1-jpg.97373/

I don't think it's as simple as you're making it sound. Bitcoin Cash was sitting at around $500 per coin the time the pump happened. From that perspective, they would need 20x the amount of money right now to simulate the same effect on Bitcoin. Bitcoin holders also tend to sell high, so if they pump too much, lots of people are going to dump, and they're going to end up losing money.

We can't stop them from trying to pull shit like that again, but it seemed to me like that was the best that they could do. It was incredibly coordinated, with FUD from all over social media and rounded out with mempool spam. It's only going to get harder for them as Bitcoin's value soars.

adandarmawan

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:16:03 AM

I think bitcoin prices can be controlled
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: