Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:58:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO SCAM  (Read 765 times)
iuppiter (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:32:59 AM

Whilst moving Bitcoin Cash (BCH) from another exchange to CEX.IO, I accidently transferred coins to their segwit Bitcoin (BTC) wallet instead of BCH wallet. I immediately contacted their customer service and requested for their help. I was told by their customer support that since the BTC address is segwit and segwit is not compatible with BCH, it is not possible to retrieve funds.

Later I learnt about BTC.com's BCH recovery service (https://bch.btc.com/docs/help/bch_segwit_recovery) and I explained them the situaton and was advised by BTC.com to contact CEX.IO and ask them to either provide public key or move coins and once it was done, they would help me out. I contacted CEX.IO again, gave them necessary links about the service and requested them to provide me the required information. I even offered them that they can contact BTC.com directly if they are not willing to share the required information, get my coins restored with the help of BTC.com and I would pay them a fee for their service. They declined both of my requests, citing technical impossibility.

I am just unable to undertand the reason behind CEX.IO's persistance refusal to help when the solution is out there in open. I know I made a mistake but this can be rectified but it seems as if they have got some ulterior motive and for that reason, they appear a scam to me.
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:52:13 PM

Whilst moving Bitcoin Cash (BCH) from another exchange to CEX.IO, I accidently transferred coins to their segwit Bitcoin (BTC) wallet instead of BCH wallet. I immediately contacted their customer service and requested for their help. I was told by their customer support that since the BTC address is segwit and segwit is not compatible with BCH, it is not possible to retrieve funds.

Later I learnt about BTC.com's BCH recovery service (https://bch.btc.com/docs/help/bch_segwit_recovery) and I explained them the situaton and was advised by BTC.com to contact CEX.IO and ask them to either provide public key or move coins and once it was done, they would help me out. I contacted CEX.IO again, gave them necessary links about the service and requested them to provide me the required information. I even offered them that they can contact BTC.com directly if they are not willing to share the required information, get my coins restored with the help of BTC.com and I would pay them a fee for their service. They declined both of my requests, citing technical impossibility.

I am just unable to undertand the reason behind CEX.IO's persistance refusal to help when the solution is out there in open. I know I made a mistake but this can be rectified but it seems as if they have got some ulterior motive and for that reason, they appear a scam to me.

Hello, can you write your ticket number, we will investigate what is the problem. Thank in advance

Ticekt Id: 407115
mykone87

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:12:20 PM

Oops! A costly mistake.

This seems to be the problem with most of the exchanges, they are simply NOT trying to help the customers even when they are in a position to help. Maybe, they also like free coins from customer mistakes  Huh

Wish you good luck with your BCH recovery and hope CEX will help you through!
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:37:05 AM

Wish you good luck with your BCH recovery and hope CEX will help you through!
Thank you.
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:50:55 AM

Hello, can you write your ticket number, we will investigate what is the problem. Thank in advance
The ticket finally gets asnwered by a supervisor. However, the response is both bewildering as well as comic.

I have been advised by the supervisor to contact the recepient wallet.

To my understanding, this is what I am exactly doing. The wallet belongs to CEX.IO and that is why I am asking you, CEX.IO, to provide me with the public key for the wallet.

I have been also asked by the supervisor to directly contact BTC.com for the resoluton of my issue.

This is what I did and BTC.com advised me to contact CEX.IO and ask you for the public key and that is what I am doing

And I have been told once again by the supervisor, BCH does not support segwit and therefore, reovery is impossible

I know by now BCH does not support segwit but recovery is possible if you, CEX.IO, provides me the public key

iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:15:46 PM

The ticket finally gets asnwered by a supervisor. However, the response is both bewildering as well as comic.

To my understanding, this is what I am exactly doing. The wallet belongs to CEX.IO and that is why I am asking you, CEX.IO, to provide me with the public key for the wallet.

I have been also asked by the supervisor to directly contact BTC.com for the resoluton of my issue.

This is what I did and BTC.com advised me to contact CEX.IO and ask you for the public key and that is what I am doing

And I have been told once again by the supervisor, BCH does not support segwit and therefore, reovery is impossible

I know by now BCH does not support segwit but recovery is possible if you, CEX.IO, provides me the public key

Hello, we have been reported that your issue is solved https://blockchain.info/tx/4f70dd9e143cca57e0ecaa0d8c6e2b10367d6d061cfdae1f318cf35cad59b03a

Funny, I do not see anything in my CEX account

On a serious note, I hope you provided the link in error because the the link you provided belong to another customers complaint:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/5a1eee610000ff000ae974a4

My problem is still unsolved
mykone87

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:43:09 PM

Hello, we have been reported that your issue is solved https://blockchain.info/tx/4f70dd9e143cca57e0ecaa0d8c6e2b10367d6d061cfdae1f318cf35cad59b03a

On a serious note, I hope you provided the link in error because the the link you provided belong to another customers complaint:

I am also CEX user for sometime, so have been really curious on how they deal this. So, been following this thread regularly, and honestly speaking now I think they are intentionally not willing to sort out the issue :x
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:23:03 PM

Just sent a tweet to the CEO of CEX.IO, Oleksandr Lutskevych (https://twitter.com/LutskevychO), hoping he may be more well versed than his support staff and might get the issue resolved.
a d i m u l

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:38:52 AM

after the impact of scam, so now many dev teams think that anonymity helps to protect the personal safety of this team. Since we are involved in exposing scam artists and fraudsters, we feel anonymity is the best approach to avoid offenders and bad performers who come after us personally. This is especially important during the early stages of this development. so many projects currently raise funds to be listed in CoinExchange. We are also being examined in the market and some other exchanges whose policies prevent us from discussing the details.
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:29:42 AM

Hello, we have an answer that you have been updated via ticket. Also, important to note that our technical team will solve you the problem of sending it to the wrong wallet. Will be grateful for your patience. Thanks

Juck checked, the last response to support ticket was 4 days ago. There has not been any update as you have advised:
https://preview.ibb.co/k003Kb/05_12_2017_11_10.png
Can you please get the ticket updated, confirming your pronouncement that your technical team is going to help me recover BCH sent to segwit BTC address?
kemacapital

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Kema Capital CryptoFund - managed by token holders

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 03:32:32 PM

their commissions very high ((

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
◈◈◈ Kema Capital CryptoFund - managed by KEMA token holders◈◈◈ 
     ◈◈◈Фoнд Кeмa Кaпитaл - yпpaвляeтcя влaдeльцaми тoкeнoв КEMA ◈◈◈

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
0mineunit

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:28:59 PM

Hello,

I write here too - pending deposit of 100+ BCH, for more then 20 days already, they not deposit it, not sending back, already sent then my ID and proof of address and selfie. Losing money with them, because of this hold.

Tickets:370280, 406929, 427979 and a lot of similiar - because they never reply with explanations. Waiting here then, let's do it in public.
glennmatthew

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:54:24 PM

Says a lot about CEX.IO customer support if you have to publicly accuse them of scamming to get any help.

That is an exchange I definitely won't be using.

Well done tech support BTCBTCBTCBTC

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

temtum

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

░░░██████
░░░██████
░░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 11:35:47 AM

Hello, unfortunately, we cannot help with your issue. We have checked with our technical team once again, it's not possible technically for us, that was explained in your ticket. In another case described on TrustPilot, it was, in your case, it's not possible. Even we want to help our customers, there are mistakes we cannot fix. We understand your frustration, however, we cannot change the situation. 

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:35:12 AM

Hello, unfortunately, we cannot help with your issue. We have checked with our technical team once again, it's not possible technically for us, that was explained in your ticket. In another case described on TrustPilot, it was, in your case, it's not possible. Even we want to help our customers, there are mistakes we cannot fix. We understand your frustration, however, we cannot change the situation. 

This just proves... CEX.IO appears to be is a scam!
kemacapital

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Kema Capital CryptoFund - managed by token holders

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:45:30 PM

very bad service and very high tarrifs !!!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
◈◈◈ Kema Capital CryptoFund - managed by KEMA token holders◈◈◈ 
     ◈◈◈Фoнд Кeмa Кaпитaл - yпpaвляeтcя влaдeльцaми тoкeнoв КEMA ◈◈◈

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:20:33 PM

This just proves... CEX.IO appears to be is a scam!

Now I (correctly) made a BTC transfer of a nominal account 9 days ago to the same segwit BTC address. BTC got transferred to my account and now it was time to spend them on BTC chain. And therefore, I made a withdrawl request and I was prompted that I needed to confirm the withdrawl by clicking on a link sent through email but never received any except one which arrived 2 days after the withdrawl request was first made and the confirmation link was dead as it was valid for 30 minutes only on the day withdrawl request was made. I contacted support to resolve my issue but no one bothered answering and the ticket is unaswerd since its creation. I have tried withdrawl a couple of more times, and these attempts met the same fate and response from support is nada, after requesting them to resolve my withdrawl issue on each occassion.

The purpose of this whole exercise was to extract the information requried for the recovery of BCH from blockchain and get the coins recovered. Though, I have not been able to withdraw BTC but withdrawl requests created transactions, necessary for the information extraction and I was able to get my BCH recovered sent to segwit address without CEX.IO's help. which CEX.IO tried making me believe was technically impossible.

Now the only thing left is my BTC balace at CEX.IO.
Talk2lukeadams

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:17:36 AM

Hi there,

I'm also another cex user and I had the exact same problem. Sent bch to btc segwit address in cex, I've emailed them so many times, to which they say they cannot help. BTC.com said all I need is the public key, been looking online for weeks now on how to get my public key, either through API access, decoding the hash160, scouring the blockchain for any sign of pubkey, but nothing yet!!

Last resort which I shared with btc.com is to send and spend from the BTC address, as I think this will reveal my public key, which if it does BTC.com said that any miner could steal the bch that's in there!!!

Is this what you did? But the BTC didn't get withdrawn? Curious as to what info you revealed and where it was revealed to get your bch recovered? Any further advice would be really helpful!!

Thanks

Lukas
iuppiter (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:44:59 PM

Hi there,

I'm also another cex user and I had the exact same problem. Sent bch to btc segwit address in cex, I've emailed them so many times, to which they say they cannot help. BTC.com said all I need is the public key, been looking online for weeks now on how to get my public key, either through API access, decoding the hash160, scouring the blockchain for any sign of pubkey, but nothing yet!!

Last resort which I shared with btc.com is to send and spend from the BTC address, as I think this will reveal my public key, which if it does BTC.com said that any miner could steal the bch that's in there!!!

Is this what you did? But the BTC didn't get withdrawn? Curious as to what info you revealed and where it was revealed to get your bch recovered? Any further advice would be really helpful!!

Thanks

Lukas

Hello

Just follow the process as I did: deposit a nominal amount of BTC (at least 0.011 BTC: minimum withdrawl amount is 0.01 and 0.001 is the withdrawl fee, if I remember correctly) to your segwit address and withdraw the same to another BTC address and give details of this transaction along with BCH transaction to BTC.com and they'll sort out the rest. As far as the risk of theft is concerned, CEX.IO has a greater chance here of all the miners as CEX.IO have of all the necessary details and resources (i.e., they also have a mining arm) and their unwillingness to help raise question of such sort anyway. BTC.com are professional and prompt in their service and hopefully, your BCH are recovered by them for you before anyone gets the chance to steal them.

Regards
HydroPanic

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:16:40 PM

Thank you for your topic. Another reason not to go on CEX. I was looking for an exchange, think bittrex is a best choice atm
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: