Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEX.IO SCAM  (Read 763 times)
Dmitry053

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 01:30:50 PM

Whilst moving Bitcoin Cash (BCH) from another exchange to CEX.IO, I accidently transferred coins to their segwit Bitcoin (BTC) wallet instead of BCH wallet.
I did the same. After the May update it seems you can restore BCH.

I contacted support of CEX.IO, they escalated my problem to the work of techies. I hope they will help. Before that, I was always very pleased with both the exchange and support.

Thank you for your reply and cooperation.

Your case will be escalated to the Tech team for investigation, however, we still cannot guarantee the result, even after the BCH hard fork.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 06:00:09 AM

Thank you for your topic. Another reason not to go on CEX. I was looking for an exchange, think bittrex is a best choice atm
Cex was one of the exchange I do trade through in 2017 and I never have problems with them and their customer services has been supportive. However, you cannot compared bitrex, poloniex or bitstamp with Cex and the foregoing exchange are far better than Cex trading platform. If you really want to trade and have peace of mind, I seriously think that poloniex or bitrex are the best but that do not mean that Cex is not good and this op's issue of sending to a wrong wallet is actually a peculiar one and it is hard to find out that Cex do not want to help.
defyance

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 11:54:12 PM

Hopefully I didn't lost money there. At the moment I use Binance for trading with altcoins, bitmex for margin trading and if I need to buy some crypto with credit card or cash out bitcoin, then I use Indacoin.
I think if you use different products, then you won't lose everything once

Dmitry053

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 10:04:29 AM

I contacted support of CEX.IO, they escalated my problem to the work of techies. I hope they will help. Before that, I was always very pleased with both the exchange and support.

Your case will be escalated to the Tech team for investigation, however, we still cannot guarantee the result, even after the BCH hard fork.

No chance to get something from them. Be careful.

Quote from: CEX.io
Thank you for your request.

There were no upgrades to the BCH network since the last time you contacted us.
The next upgrade is scheduled to the 11th of November 2019 but it looks like they will not implement a possibility to create BCH transactions from SegWit addresses with this upgrade. You may view specifications of the upcoming upgrade here: https://github.com/bitcoincashorg/bitcoincash.org/blob/master/spec/2019-11-15-upgrade.md

I am really sorry about this whole situation, yet it is still not possible to recover BCH sent to a SegWit address.

Hope for your understanding.
Best regards

Thank you for getting back to us.

We are sorry to inform you that actually, we do not have any information about the reason why our relevant department has decided that these actions may be not secured.

I can imagine how upsetting it is, but as it was already mentioned, recovering BCH sent to a SegWit address is not possible.

We appreciate your understanding.

admin@btc.com is ready to help, but cex.io just refuse to give me the public key of my btc wallet on their exchange.

Quote from: admin@btc.com
You need to contact CEX.io to confirm it’s a segwit address and ask for the public key of the address.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 10:20:51 AM

Whilst moving Bitcoin Cash (BCH) from another exchange to CEX.IO, I accidently transferred coins to their segwit Bitcoin (BTC) wallet instead of BCH wallet. I immediately contacted their customer service and requested for their help. I was told by their customer support that since the BTC address is segwit and segwit is not compatible with BCH, it is not possible to retrieve funds.

Later I learnt about BTC.com's BCH recovery service (https://bch.btc.com/docs/help/bch_segwit_recovery) and I explained them the situaton and was advised by BTC.com to contact CEX.IO and ask them to either provide public key or move coins and once it was done, they would help me out. I contacted CEX.IO again, gave them necessary links about the service and requested them to provide me the required information. I even offered them that they can contact BTC.com directly if they are not willing to share the required information, get my coins restored with the help of BTC.com and I would pay them a fee for their service. They declined both of my requests, citing technical impossibility.

I am just unable to undertand the reason behind CEX.IO's persistance refusal to help when the solution is out there in open. I know I made a mistake but this can be rectified but it seems as if they have got some ulterior motive and for that reason, they appear a scam to me.
Wrong accusation my friend, very wrong, this fault is all on you, you accidentally send BCH TO BTC wallet address so how thus this makes CEX.IO a scam? who is at fault?  you should be pleading with them to help you out, not calling them scam

Dmitry053

View Profile
May 18, 2020, 10:49:36 AM

I’ll tell you how my story ended.

CEX.IO refused to transfer the public key for the recovery of my BCH, citing security issues. On March 14, all BCHs were transferred from my wallet on the CEX.IO exchange. Technical support of the exchange simply does not respond to my requests.

My advice think twice before you sent your money to this exchange, they are not able to ensure their safety.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2020, 01:27:59 PM

Dear Dmitry053,

Thank you for making an update about your case.

According to our check, all your requests to our support team were processed and replied. If it is not so, please let us know the ticket number you didn't receive a response to.

As for your situation, we have made a deeper investigation of cases like yours and even created a blog post explaining why it’s important to be super attentive when transferring crypto: https://blog.cex.io/news/why-you-should-never-send-bch-to-btc-address-21346

There's no need to say that we'd do everything possible to help you find a way out of the situation you appeared in but some cases are simply beyond our capabilities.

We do hope for your sincere understanding.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
Dmitry053

View Profile
May 22, 2020, 11:51:36 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2020, 12:26:32 PM by Dmitry053

According to our check, all your requests to our support team were processed and replied. If it is not so, please let us know the ticket number you didn't receive a response to.

Yes I got a response after posting on this forum

There's no need to say that we'd do everything possible to help you find a way out of the situation you appeared in but some cases are simply beyond our capabilities.

Reluctance to help a client and impossibility are different concepts. Everyone knows that other exchanges in such situations provide assistance in the return of funds. You just do not need extra work, it’s easier for you to refuse to help.

In any case, for now this is not my problem, and especially not yours. The funds were simply stolen. This is the problem of the entire crypto industry, which will never get mass use while users will be able to make such mistakes. I really don’t understand why the Ledger Live wallet when transferring BCH to Segwit doesn’t display the message “Hey dude, you want to transfer BCH to SegWit BTC adress. Are you sure? You’ll lose all your BCH!” I sincerely do not understand why the BTC and BCH logos on the exchanges are the same color and are almost identical. Anyone can just mistakenly click on BTC and you even display no warning that this is SegWit.

All this makes the crypto an exclusively speculative tool for geeks. And while this situation does not change, mass use can only be dreamed of.

In general, I only had problems with the use of your exchange during strong price spikes in April. Sometimes I wanted to go in and cancel the order, but in those days you were often "at the maintenance". There are also very pleasant moments: 1. The withdrawal of funds on your exchange works flawlessly. 2. And indeed, with the exception of the last request, I always instantly received answers from your support team.

I do not think that you are SCAM. You have excellent service, but in this particular situation, I believe that you could do otherwise.
moursal

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 11:54:19 AM

I have a case  1064602   to which your support team is no longer replying.

I have requested for a cash withdrawal of 20300USD on the 9th of August and I still did not receive any money yet.
you team is not even providing me with the swift code so I can follow up on my transfer.

it seems to be the money is gone
moursal

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 12:07:02 PM

No chance to get something from them. Be careful.

Thank you for your request.

There were no upgrades to the BCH network since the last time you contacted us.
The next upgrade is scheduled to the 11th of November 2019 but it looks like they will not implement a possibility to create BCH transactions from SegWit addresses with this upgrade. You may view specifications of the upcoming upgrade here: https://github.com/bitcoincashorg/bitcoincash.org/blob/master/spec/2019-11-15-upgrade.md

I am really sorry about this whole situation, yet it is still not possible to recover BCH sent to a SegWit address.

Hope for your understanding.
Best regards

Thank you for getting back to us.

We are sorry to inform you that actually, we do not have any information about the reason why our relevant department has decided that these actions may be not secured.

I can imagine how upsetting it is, but as it was already mentioned, recovering BCH sent to a SegWit address is not possible.

We appreciate your understanding.

admin@btc.com is ready to help, but cex.io just refuse to give me the public key of my btc wallet on their exchange.

Quote from: admin@btc.com
You need to contact CEX.io to confirm it’s a segwit address and ask for the public key of the address.
  I have a case  1064602
your support team is no longer answering.
I still did not receive a cash withdrawal completed on the 9th of August fir the sum of 20Kusd. no swift message provided nor any proof that my money eas sent. all the answers i have got are to ask me to wait. it is one month now. I cannot wait more.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2020, 05:22:01 PM

I have a case  1064602   to which your support team is no longer replying.

I have requested for a cash withdrawal of 20300USD on the 9th of August and I still did not receive any money yet.
you team is not even providing me with the swift code so I can follow up on my transfer.

it seems to be the money is gone

Dear moursal,
Sorry for the belated response and the inconveniences you might have faced.

Upon our check, your transaction was cancelled and reverted back by your bank or payment provider. The funds have been credited back to your CEX.IO balance and you have exchanged them to crypto and withdrawn.

Unfortunately, those reversals happen sometimes and they are completely caused on the side of external providers/bank we cannot impact as each bank and each financial institution has its own policies and procedures.

We do hope that woun't happen to you again and all your transfers will be smooth.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
Devider

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 11:04:18 PM

oh... they can freeze the payment for 2 months. And I'm worried that I haven't been credited with an LTC Deposit for more than 2 weeks. Obviously, you need to be patient.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: